PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-22-2007, 04:52 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

pairodimes is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to pairodimes Send a message via AIM to pairodimes Send a message via MSN to pairodimes Send a message via Yahoo to pairodimes
Bluetooth Echos

I've got a PPC 6700 Sprint device with a Jawbone Bluetooth headset and the new WM6 loaded. Many of the people I call are hearing an echo when they talk. I was using the same setup with Helmi's 3.5 kitchen (WM5 I believe) and didn't have this problem. Is anyone else experiencing this?

I've looked through the registry under every section having anything to do with Bluetooth (that I could find) and didn't see anything that looked relevant. I also searched the forums here and didn't find anything. Can someone help out?

Thanks!!!
Old 11-02-2007, 05:43 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Kaiser wm6.5 23037
Carrier: ATT

nikki2beeps is just getting started
I can say I have used the Jawbone for almost a year now and I have had this issue with every rom Ive used. When in a quiet environment people always report an echo on their end until I turn off the noicse cancellation feature on the headset. (while in call hold button 2 on the jawbone for 3 sec you will here the change) then ask your caller if the echois better. works all the time for me. The trick is when in a noisy environment remembering to turn it back on when in a call. Hope this helps
Old 11-05-2007, 09:55 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: XV6900
Carrier: Verizon

bjhotch is a n00b
I've had the Jawbone since August and have had the issue off and on since then. While I've always been on the 3.5 ROM, I've cooked it many different ways. Each time I think I know the cause, it happens again. It's not every call, every time. Sometimes, I can hangup and call back and it's better, sometimes I have to restart the phone and earpiece. If there's a magic bullet for this one, I haven't found it. I've tried turning off the NC in my car (windows up, radio off), but my wife claims it's too noisy.

Brian

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development