PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Palm Treo Pro > GSM Treo Pro Development

Notices



Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 04-16-2010, 07:24 PM
trickbiker121's Avatar
PPCGeeks Regular
Offline
Pocket PC: Palm Treo Pro GSM
Carrier: T-Mobile
Location: St.Louis, MO
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 106
Reputation: 55
trickbiker121 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Post Windows Mobile 6.5 build 21903 and 28230 last update on 05-29-10

This a GSM 6.5 build 28230 rom its not perfect but usable
if you find any bugs tell me and i will try my best to fix them.

Credits
Mord4z( helping me with cooking roms)
Airxtreme(for his 28230 build)
Devilcuban(helping me get to know more about the Palm Treo Pro)
OndraSter(For his Kitchen)
Raiderfan247365(For helping me keep the GSM thread alive by giving me his kitchen files)
make sure to click on the developers at the top and give them a thanks without there works this thread would not have been here
hope you guys like my build!
-------------------------------------WARNING!!!------------------------------------------
When you hold power Button+Side Camera Button and reset button in the back, and it looks like this

THEN GO HERE BEFORE FLASHING THIS ROM

If it is like this

Then you are good to flash this rom



-------------------------------------Release---------------------------------------------------

21903

28230
28230 Mirror






----------------------------------------Kitchen------------------------------------------------
Check this Thread


------------------------------------Known Issues----------------------------------------------

  • big notification font
  • task manager overlaps time in top right **FIXED**
  • Freezes when set up sync with Exchange (need Confirmation)
  • freezes most of the time
  • osk is too big
  • Alt keys don't work **FIXED**
  • shift and option icons don't show up when pressed




-------------------------------------In This Rom-----------------------------------------------
  • My SoftReset


------------------------------Screen Shots----------------------------------------------------


Last edited by trickbiker121; 02-17-2011 at 05:38 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 04-16-2010, 08:46 PM
mord4z's Avatar
PPCGeeks Regular
Offline
Pocket PC: Treo Pro
Carrier: tim
Location: Brazil
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 87
Reputation: 180
mord4z is keeping up the good workmord4z is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to mord4z
Re: Windows Mobile 6.5.3 build 28230 04-16-10

wow, you're fast man! You can provide some pics, I want to know if it have the visual like 6.5 versions or it have the new 6.5.x visual! (Sorry, can't flash my device now cause I on the road)
__________________
Omnia revived! | My Treo Pro 6.5 Build rom | My Treo ROM 6.1 build

And, if you like my roms, supports my work! I'll be happy!

  #3 (permalink)  
Old 04-16-2010, 09:39 PM
trickbiker121's Avatar
PPCGeeks Regular
Offline
Pocket PC: Palm Treo Pro GSM
Carrier: T-Mobile
Threadstarter
Location: St.Louis, MO
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 106
Reputation: 55
trickbiker121 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Windows Mobile 6.5.3 build 28230 04-16-10

Quote:
Originally Posted by mord4z View Post
wow, you're fast man! You can provide some pics, I want to know if it have the visual like 6.5 versions or it have the new 6.5.x visual! (Sorry, can't flash my device now cause I on the road)
i actually had this made and uploaded a week ago but never got the time to make a thread ill have the screen shots uploaded in about 10 min i just have to flash this rom on my phone
UPDATE:Screen shots uploaded on first post

Last edited by trickbiker121; 04-16-2010 at 09:59 PM.
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 04-18-2010, 07:14 PM
trickbiker121's Avatar
PPCGeeks Regular
Offline
Pocket PC: Palm Treo Pro GSM
Carrier: T-Mobile
Threadstarter
Location: St.Louis, MO
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 106
Reputation: 55
trickbiker121 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Windows Mobile 6.5 build 28230 04-18-10

ROM Updated
This Version Fixes
  • The Overlapping Task Manager icon in top right corner
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 04-20-2010, 02:53 AM
pocketman's Avatar
Lurker
Offline
Pocket PC: Treo Pro
Carrier: KPN
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 22
Reputation: 0
pocketman is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Unhappy Re: Windows Mobile 6.5 build 28230 04-18-10

Looks great, but it froze on me twice since I installed it last night. The only thing I can do was remove my battery. It seemed to start when I set up sync with Exchange.
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 04-20-2010, 02:43 PM
trickbiker121's Avatar
PPCGeeks Regular
Offline
Pocket PC: Palm Treo Pro GSM
Carrier: T-Mobile
Threadstarter
Location: St.Louis, MO
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 106
Reputation: 55
trickbiker121 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Windows Mobile 6.5 build 28230 04-18-10

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketman View Post
Looks great, but it froze on me twice since I installed it last night. The only thing I can do was remove my battery. It seemed to start when I set up sync with Exchange.
sorry i cant test exchange i will add it to the bug list though but can someone else confirm this?
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 04-23-2010, 08:40 AM
icongene's Avatar
PPCGeeks Regular
Offline
Pocket PC: pro
Carrier: sprint
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 55
Reputation: 120
icongene is keeping up the good workicongene is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Windows Mobile 6.5 build 28230 04-18-10

Quote:
Originally Posted by trickbiker121 View Post
ROM Updated
This Version Fixes
  • The Overlapping Task Manager icon in top right corner
May i ask you how you managed to remove the overlapping icons? I have been playing with os easy kitchen for a while. I took out bootapp.exe from oemoperator rgu file to fix the overlapping issue but customization takes a lot of time.
I might be able to help you out with some other things. Let me know if you want the sorted 23563 for easy kitchen.

Thanks

p.s. congratulations on the build.
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 04-23-2010, 02:44 PM
trickbiker121's Avatar
PPCGeeks Regular
Offline
Pocket PC: Palm Treo Pro GSM
Carrier: T-Mobile
Threadstarter
Location: St.Louis, MO
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 106
Reputation: 55
trickbiker121 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Windows Mobile 6.5 build 28230 04-18-10

Quote:
Originally Posted by icongene View Post
May i ask you how you managed to remove the overlapping icons? I have been playing with os easy kitchen for a while. I took out bootapp.exe from oemoperator rgu file to fix the overlapping issue but customization takes a lot of time.
I might be able to help you out with some other things. Let me know if you want the sorted 23563 for easy kitchen.

Thanks

p.s. congratulations on the build.
it took me a while to find it but i did first you have to change your computer settings so you can see hidden files for more info go here
i would recommend using Ce Registry Editor but you can use it with notepad or word pad but it gets more complicated with those

Instructions for editing with Note Pad or Word Pad
  1. go to
    Code:
    OEM>OEMAPPS
  2. then find this file
    Code:
    20d4ffbc-98b1-4c54-af27-31bf78039cb1.rgu
  3. open it with Word Pad or Note pad
  4. then find
    Code:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\HTC\TaskManager:EnableQmenu
  5. change that from 1 to 0
Instruction for editing with Ce Registry Editor
  1. Start Ce Registry Editor
  2. then on top corner go to file open and locate your self to
    Code:
    OEM>OEMAPPS
  3. then find this file
    Code:
    20d4ffbc-98b1-4c54-af27-31bf78039cb1.rgu
  4. then open these folders from the right side
    Code:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\HTC\TaskManager:EnableQmenu
  5. Change from 1 to 0
hope this helps
i think BootApp.exe is required and i would like to get that sorted files were you able to build a NBH file with os kitchen i had to use an alternatve to convert NB to NBH thats why i havnt released my Kitchen yet thanks so much and i would like to learn some of your fixes also to help the GSM thread running. thanks

Last edited by trickbiker121; 04-23-2010 at 02:48 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 04-23-2010, 04:25 PM
icongene's Avatar
PPCGeeks Regular
Offline
Pocket PC: pro
Carrier: sprint
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 55
Reputation: 120
icongene is keeping up the good workicongene is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Windows Mobile 6.5 build 28230 04-18-10

Quote:
Originally Posted by trickbiker121 View Post
it took me a while to find it but i did first you have to change your computer settings so you can see hidden files for more info go here
i would recommend using Ce Registry Editor but you can use it with notepad or word pad but it gets more complicated with those

Instructions for editing with Note Pad or Word Pad
  1. go to
    Code:
    OEM>OEMAPPS
  2. then find this file
    Code:
    20d4ffbc-98b1-4c54-af27-31bf78039cb1.rgu
  3. open it with Word Pad or Note pad
  4. then find
    Code:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\HTC\TaskManager:EnableQmenu
  5. change that from 1 to 0
Instruction for editing with Ce Registry Editor
  1. Start Ce Registry Editor
  2. then on top corner go to file open and locate your self to
    Code:
    OEM>OEMAPPS
  3. then find this file
    Code:
    20d4ffbc-98b1-4c54-af27-31bf78039cb1.rgu
  4. then open these folders from the right side
    Code:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\HTC\TaskManager:EnableQmenu
  5. Change from 1 to 0
hope this helps
i think BootApp.exe is required and i would like to get that sorted files were you able to build a NBH file with os kitchen i had to use an alternatve to convert NB to NBH thats why i havnt released my Kitchen yet thanks so much and i would like to learn some of your fixes also to help the GSM thread running. thanks
Thanks. Wow that was fast and detailed. Great to hear somebody is using oskitchen.

EnableQmenu:0. That's what I m currently doing. I went through about 1000 files to get this line. But it doesn't still solve the 'Volume Icon' issue. Only way to get that icon was to delete bootapp.exe from the rgu file.

I must say this is the most help i have received from anyone since I started building ROM (about a month ago). I was able to get the nbh file from the existing kitchen. Much appreciated.

To get nbh file:
Open htcrt_devices.ini under Resources->Tools folder. Change Panther to TreoPro, then scroll all the way down and change Panther to TreoPro again. Then it works like a charm. Took me about two weeks to figure this out (no help lol)

[Devices]
Artemis=1
Athena=1
Blackstone=1
.....
TreoPro=1

_____________

[TreoPro]
Experimental=1
ModelId=PANT100**

I'll pm other tricks later tonight.

Keep up the good work.

Thanks.

Last edited by icongene; 04-23-2010 at 04:32 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 04-23-2010, 05:25 PM
trickbiker121's Avatar
PPCGeeks Regular
Offline
Pocket PC: Palm Treo Pro GSM
Carrier: T-Mobile
Threadstarter
Location: St.Louis, MO
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 106
Reputation: 55
trickbiker121 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Windows Mobile 6.5 build 28230 04-18-10

Quote:
Originally Posted by icongene View Post
Thanks. Wow that was fast and detailed. Great to hear somebody is using oskitchen.

EnableQmenu:0. That's what I m currently doing. I went through about 1000 files to get this line. But it doesn't still solve the 'Volume Icon' issue. Only way to get that icon was to delete bootapp.exe from the rgu file.

I must say this is the most help i have received from anyone since I started building ROM (about a month ago). I was able to get the nbh file from the existing kitchen. Much appreciated.

To get nbh file:
Open htcrt_devices.ini under Resources->Tools folder. Change Panther to TreoPro, then scroll all the way down and change Panther to TreoPro again. Then it works like a charm. Took me about two weeks to figure this out (no help lol)

[Devices]
Artemis=1
Athena=1
Blackstone=1
.....
TreoPro=1

_____________

[TreoPro]
Experimental=1
ModelId=PANT100**

I'll pm other tricks later tonight.

Keep up the good work.

Thanks.
np glad i could help i dont know how to fix the volume issue and what is the volume issue? thanks for helping me with the htcrt now i can upload the kitchen thanks a lot
Closed Thread

  PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Palm Treo Pro > GSM Treo Pro Development

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:10 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
©2012 - PPCGeeks.com