PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > Google Nexus One > GSM Nexus One Upgrades
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2010, 09:38 AM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid
Re: Unlocking & Flashing CyanogenMod ROM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindfrost82 View Post
The kernel version is different. The OS is 2.1 Eclair, but the kernel is a different number. There are 2.6.32, 2.6.33, and now 2.6.34 versions of the kernel.

I fixed morning to normal lol, don't ask me what I was thinking when I typed that haha.

Like p-slim said, the process is the same for flashing any other ROM, you'll just have a different zip file. I might edit it and add that you can flash other ROMs with this process, just substitute the update.zip with the ROM one you want to flash.
roger.
Old 05-03-2010, 06:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2 NEXUS ONE
Carrier: t mobile

dusty- is keeping up the good workdusty- is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: Unlocking & Flashing CyanogenMod ROM (Or Any Other ROM)

oh man I really want to flash a new Rom to my nexus but it sounds a lot harder than unlocking and flashing the tp2 which was really easy.
am I just reading more stuff in to this than is necessary ?
I need a technotard version lol.
Old 05-03-2010, 07:03 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by dusty- View Post
oh man I really want to flash a new Rom to my nexus but it sounds a lot harder than unlocking and flashing the tp2 which was really easy.
i'll keep it real, it was hella hard for me also, but the good thing is once you're rooted flashing different roms is a breeze and easier then winmo in my opinion, but yeah it took xda, 2 video tutorials, and finally a website that had the easiest walk through. they're are 2 different ways so that was confusing also my computer didn't find the drivers so i had to install them manually. Mindfrost wrote up a pretty good review, i will see if i can find the site that made it possible for me. I actually rooted my phone 1 day before mindfrost wrote this thread so i'm not sure how easy his method is. Also you have to learn adb which is easy once you learn how to use it, but learning that took an hour as well, but once adb can recognize your phone the rest is easy.
Google is the next skynet

Last edited by p-slim; 05-03-2010 at 07:07 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-03-2010, 07:23 PM
Bay Area Boss

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
the real reason i would recommend upgrading would be because of the memory upgrade, the stock version only has half of the memory available to you but the 2.2 upgrade is supposedly coming soon (may 12-29th supposedly) and that will open up the rest of the rom space (plus additional features we were unable to get in custom roms) so using a custom rom may not be as important as you think being the upgrade is so close.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-03-2010, 07:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2 NEXUS ONE
Carrier: t mobile

dusty- is keeping up the good workdusty- is keeping up the good work

Yeah I'm thinking I should just wait for froyo and tolerate the bugs until then.
Thanks pslim.
Old 05-03-2010, 10:18 PM
AKA TEMPERBAD
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2/ N1

Dragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

once the drivers were installed right and the computer recognized my serial it was simple, I think if ya got proper instructions on installing the drivers, the rest is simply follow simple basic retard instructions.....

I say root Dusty, I for one didn't get much bugs on stock Rom it was solid except for a wacky screen maybe once a week no biggie, so I didn't flash for that reason, I flashed to get apps2sd and the more memory and gifs support in the browsers. once ya get them drivers properly installed its so easy, I admit the instructions look harder than it is. I'll post a link I used to help me flash....

Mindfrosts is awesome instructions, I'm only posting this as additional help.... from Paul at xda.... http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=636795

Last edited by Dragon2; 05-03-2010 at 10:22 PM.
Old 05-04-2010, 12:46 PM
Bay Area Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon2 View Post
once the drivers were installed right and the computer recognized my serial it was simple, I think if ya got proper instructions on installing the drivers, the rest is simply follow simple basic retard instructions.....

I say root Dusty, I for one didn't get much bugs on stock Rom it was solid except for a wacky screen maybe once a week no biggie, so I didn't flash for that reason, I flashed to get apps2sd and the more memory and gifs support in the browsers. once ya get them drivers properly installed its so easy, I admit the instructions look harder than it is. I'll post a link I used to help me flash....

Mindfrosts is awesome instructions, I'm only posting this as additional help.... from Paul at xda.... http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=636795
After the update you'll be able to install apps on the sd card supposedly

Last edited by p-slim; 05-04-2010 at 01:06 PM.
Old 05-04-2010, 01:08 PM
Bay Area Boss

Quote:
Yeah I'm thinking I should just wait for froyo and tolerate the bugs until then.
Thanks pslim.
I believe whats going to eventually push you over the edge to root is going to be the wifi router program. that program is nice and is a must have, plus you'll get access to a lot of extra apps.
Old 05-04-2010, 10:43 PM
AKA TEMPERBAD
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2/ N1

Dragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
I believe whats going to eventually push you over the edge to root is going to be the wifi router program. that program is nice and is a must have, plus you'll get access to a lot of extra apps.
Unless ya don't have a laptop or pc with wifi...

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > Google Nexus One > GSM Nexus One Upgrades