PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > Google Nexus One
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2010, 07:59 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Incredible!
Carrier: VZW

MrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Wheres my nexus one!!!!?????

i am over this phone. by the time it hits vzw, or sprint for that matter, it will be nearly 4 months old. that is far too old in "tech" time, especially to be paying full price, which i would have to. i have gotten used to having a dumbphone again and figure i might as well wait until something better comes out, at this rate it won't be too long
Old 04-03-2010, 07:04 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGoodCat View Post
i am over this phone. by the time it hits vzw, or sprint for that matter, it will be nearly 4 months old. that is far too old in "tech" time, especially to be paying full price, which i would have to. i have gotten used to having a dumbphone again and figure i might as well wait until something better comes out, at this rate it won't be too long
yeah you're probably right, it came out january 5th, so we've been enjoying it for a quarter of a year already. Sprint probably won't get it till the summer which would mean thats half a year. This is why i left cdma, i like new phones and for me cdma wouldn't be the case because they always get the phones late.
Google is the next skynet
Old 04-03-2010, 08:44 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Incredible!
Carrier: VZW

MrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
yeah you're probably right, it came out january 5th, so we've been enjoying it for a quarter of a year already. Sprint probably won't get it till the summer which would mean thats half a year. This is why i left cdma, i like new phones and for me cdma wouldn't be the case because they always get the phones late.
yeah that is very true, cdma does always get left behind. had the n1 come out sooner, like beginning of march, i'd be ok with that...but rumor has it we are lookin at the end of april...sigh. maybe someday i'll find one on the cheap. i still like the phone a lot, just can't justify 500+ smacks on tech that will be outdated soon enough.

i may have to see how t mobile's service in my area is, cause honestly verizon ain't all that great here in so cal...
Old 04-03-2010, 10:13 PM
AKA TEMPERBAD
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2/ N1

Dragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

It ain't gonna be outdated

Hell everything in the future other than the Evo beats it in specs... even then, that phone will be outdated in r moths as well. I for one am done chasing phones... this does everything I need and I'm fortunate to even have this good of phone even a year From now.. hell This blows the tp2 away but still I think whoever has one is lucky, some people don't have but cricket crap.... I can't chase phones every four months, especially with having one this nice... I bet even in November this year I don't think anything will be too much faster or better... So more ram and rom, and a little better cam ( 5s good on a phone), not good enough for me unless its a faster processor as well.
Don't get me wrong I do think its better, but not by much... n1 is great for the rest of the year IMO.
Old 04-03-2010, 10:13 PM
AKA TEMPERBAD
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2/ N1

Dragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Hell everything in the future other than the Evo barely beats it in specs, maybe a little more ram?... even then, that phone will be outdated in 4 moths as well. I for one am done chasing phones... this does everything I need and I'm fortunate to even have this good of phone even a year From now.. hell This blows the tp2 away but still I think whoever has one is lucky, some people don't have but cricket crap.... I can't chase phones every four months, especially with having one this nice... I bet even in November this year I don't think anything will be too much faster or better... So more ram and rom, and a little better cam ( 5s good on a phone), not good enough for me unless its a faster processor as well.
Don't get me wrong I do think its better, but not by much... n1 is great for the rest of the year IMO.

Last edited by Dragon2; 04-03-2010 at 10:15 PM.
Old 04-03-2010, 10:23 PM
Bay Area Boss

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon2 View Post

Hell everything in the future other than the Evo barely beats it in specs, maybe a little more ram?... even then, that phone will be outdated in 4 moths as well. I for one am done chasing phones... this does everything I need and I'm fortunate to even have this good of phone even a year From now.. hell This blows the tp2 away but still I think whoever has one is lucky, some people don't have but cricket crap.... I can't chase phones every four months, especially with having one this nice... I bet even in November this year I don't think anything will be too much faster or better... So more ram and rom, and a little better cam ( 5s good on a phone), not good enough for me unless its a faster processor as well.
I'm with you, I thought about the evo because I still have a sprint account but I love this phone so much, plus we all know the Google phone will get the froyo update long before the sprint evo. Hero and moment are still waiting for android 2.1. My next phone will be the nexus 2. I wouldn't mind one every year like the iPhone.
Old 04-03-2010, 11:32 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
I'm with you, I thought about the evo because I still have a sprint account but I love this phone so much, plus we all know the Google phone will get the froyo update long before the sprint evo. Hero and moment are still waiting for android 2.1. My next phone will be the nexus 2. I wouldn't mind one every year like the iPhone.
The nexus 2 better have wimax...i mean google is an investor in wimax so its only fitting >.>

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 04-03-2010, 11:55 PM
Bay Area Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
The nexus 2 better have wimax...i mean google is an investor in wimax so its only fitting >.>
Wimax and hspa+
Old 04-04-2010, 12:36 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Wimax and hspa+
well HSPA+ would most likely be expected mostly if its on a GSM phone..wimax we can hope for...ideally they make it a world phone with both in there no matter what carrier..lol
Old 04-12-2010, 02:46 AM
proimageprints

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidetkin511 View Post
its like $175!!
im trying to get out of it without paying the etf
If you'r still thinking of switching to TMo to get the Nexus, then just do the upgrade that you have available from VZW, sell your existing TP2 and your NIB phone (I recommend getting the Eris, as it has the higher profit available, but I suggest doing your own research) on Ebay. This should cover your ETF and hopefully the cost of the new Nexus, also.
Good luck!

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > Google Nexus One