PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > Google Nexus One
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2010, 11:09 PM
AKA TEMPERBAD
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2/ N1
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
been quiet in here so

I thought Id say how much I love my n1 and how hard it is to try and use my tp2 coming from this thing. Its a powerhouse....

Rock on n1 users.
Old 02-20-2010, 11:41 AM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim
Re: been quiet in here so

Real talk, I love this over my tp2, its like the difference between night and day. The people without the nexus will never understand how by far this is the best phone on the market by leaps and bounds. The ui on this phone is killing all the other droids, even the new up coming models. The regular android ui is plain even though some of them use sense.
Google is the next skynet
Old 02-21-2010, 01:37 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Incredible!
Carrier: VZW

MrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuff

to be honest i have been thinking of switching to android. i am on the tp2 right now and despite the fact that i love customizing winmo, i am just about fed up with it. no matter how hard i try nothing ever works together. i have finally made it look decent, its just everything seems so independent. i like uniformity to an extent (no apple for me) but i crave customizing. so since google is releasing a vzw enabled n1 in spring i just may jump on it.

to anyone who has one....

do you think it would be wise to switch? sounds like i'll be paying full price to get it on vzw. i know its got great specs, but things move so fast in the silicon biz, that i am just worried that by the time the n1 hits vzw something newer and better will be just around the corner. however i guess thats how it always is...

is android just as simple to customize as winmo? does it require a linux os, or a lot of linux knowledge? i would be new to all of this. but i am a quick learner...
Old 02-23-2010, 04:55 AM
AKA TEMPERBAD
Threadstarter

Dragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGoodCat View Post
to be honest i have been thinking of switching to android. i am on the tp2 right now and despite the fact that i love customizing winmo, i am just about fed up with it. no matter how hard i try nothing ever works together. i have finally made it look decent, its just everything seems so independent. i like uniformity to an extent (no apple for me) but i crave customizing. so since google is releasing a vzw enabled n1 in spring i just may jump on it.

do you think it would be wise to switch? sounds like i'll be paying full price to get it on vzw. i know its got great specs, but things move so fast in the silicon biz, that i am just worried that by the time the n1 hits vzw something newer and better will be just around the corner. however i guess thats how it always is...

is android just as simple to customize as winmo? does it require a linux os, or a lot of linux knowledge? i would be new to all of this. but i am a quick learner...
It would definitely be a smart choice. I mean its specs wont be beat this yea IMO and if so maybe a Tad more ram n rom maybe..... its backed by Google giving frequent updates and its blazing fast...

IMO its also more customizable than winmmo, even the SMS/mms you fan customize....

You really can't get how nice it is till you got one, especially vs my tp2... that thing isn't even close.......

Its really nice.... my phone for 2010 and in not even looking to get another as this will be a competitor for a while..

And no it don't require Linux or knowledge of it... its so simple And everything helps you in the OS...
Old 02-23-2010, 11:14 AM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

The nexus is by far the best phone on the market. Like dragon said nothing us going yo beat Its showcase anytime soon. And whatever phone that does have better features they will be very minor like sense, but I have no use for sense on android also the ui is special in the nexus compared to any of the other droids, even the non released droids
Old 02-24-2010, 08:55 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Palm pro
Carrier: alltel

spacegoat is a n00b

I have had mine for about a week and I am loving it. Coming from WM to my nexus one has been a breath of fresh air. I love how it functions out of the box. Gorgeous, super fast phone.
Old 02-26-2010, 05:36 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note
Carrier: ATT

NIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

When I had the Nexus for the short time, I did like it. It was my first Android phone. I would've kept it if it wasn't for T-Mobile service being bad. I got me the iPhone 3GS, its about as good as the Nexus, both phones were way better than the Touch Pro2 I had. However, the iphone apps are way better than Android. Just yesterday I found a Maxim mag app that pretty much gives you the whole magazine on your phone just like the real issue.

Once Android gets more developers to make apps for them, than Apple will have some real competition.
Old 02-26-2010, 05:41 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGoodCat View Post

You might just be in luck. I have been seeing news articles all day (via RSS) that a new Android phone just cleared the FCC for VZW and all the speculation, based on the model number, is that it is the Nexus One.

Here are just a few of the stories:

http://www.androidcentral.com/cdma-v...es-through-fcc

http://androidcommunity.com/verizon-...-fcc-20100226/
Old 02-27-2010, 12:24 AM
Droidgeek
Pocket PC: Rooted MotoDroid w/mish mash of ROMs
Carrier: Verizon

banden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainfreak View Post
You might just be in luck. I have been seeing news articles all day (via RSS) that a new Android phone just cleared the FCC for VZW and all the speculation, based on the model number, is that it is the Nexus One.

Here are just a few of the stories:

http://www.androidcentral.com/cdma-v...es-through-fcc

http://androidcommunity.com/verizon-...-fcc-20100226/
Better yet, the incredible is looking to be a march release on Verizon. More Memory and Sense UI. I may even pass my droid off onto my wife for that phone.
Old 02-27-2010, 10:53 PM
AKA TEMPERBAD
Threadstarter

That does look sweet. The incredible. If I were Verizon or sprint incredible or supersonic

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > Google Nexus One