PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > General Windows Phone 7 Discussions

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-28-2011, 11:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Axim x51v and TouchPro 2 now Arrive
Carrier: Sprint

JohnMcD348 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
iHeartRadio app no longer working in Mango. What other apps doing the same?

First Mango glitch for me. iHeartRadio won't install and run on Mango. When I go to the site it tells me the app is not available for my device, or is exclusive to a particular provider or just not available in my region.

WTH eck? It worked fine with Nodo, now it suddenly doesn't? Can't even find it in Marketplace, even though on the iHR site, it says it's now compatible with Mango.

Anyone else running the app on their phone?
Old 09-28-2011, 11:50 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Re: iHeartRadio app no longer working in Mango. What other apps doing the same?

I just played a station for a bit after reading this post. no problems here and I've had it installed since the first mango beta. it must be ready to get updated for mango tho which is y ur having issues and personally I'd stay away from it Till its updated for mango. tuneIN on the other hand received a mango update this morning and its fantastic.
Old 09-29-2011, 12:49 AM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (WP7 Beta Tester: Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.1; Trident/5.0; XBLWP7; ZuneWP7))

If you forced the update, some apps take time to update.
Old 09-29-2011, 01:15 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Oh OK, that explains it then. Like I said in the OP, it made reference to it possibly being restricted due to my region. I thought it strange that their website would tout it being updated for Mango, yet I can't even find it on Marketplace. It'll probably be out in a couple of weeks after Sprint officially pushes it out for the rest of us.
Old 10-05-2011, 04:34 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Micro$oft 950
Carrier: AT&T

steveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

update.....good to go now

iHeartRadio goes to v3.0 and is ready for Mango | wpcentral | Windows Phone News, Forums, and Reviews
Old 10-05-2011, 06:42 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I still can't get it to come up on marketplace when I search for it. All I get is 2 or 3 music files I could download. I had it on NoDo but it jst doesn't I've me the option to get and install it again after the update.

Update: ok, nevermind. I just rechecked and installed iHR. Just read the link also. I guess it went live on marketplace early this morning. I just checked for it about 12:30, 1am this morning and it wasn't up.

Thanks for the link

Last edited by JohnMcD348; 10-05-2011 at 06:48 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-05-2011, 10:57 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG V10, iPhone 6 and Nokia ICON
Carrier: Verizon

DavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to DavidinCT Send a message via MSN to DavidinCT

If you have that type of problem with a app update (not showing a update but, you know it's available), uninstall your app, go back in the marketplace and reinstall. You'll get the updated app (it always checks against your account so you'll never have to re-pay for an app)

http://mc.anywherecool.com/Blog/
If I helped in anyway, please hit thanks !
Old 10-05-2011, 11:04 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Well, again, that was the odd thing. After I updated to Mango, the app was no longer on my phone. I can't say if it showed in my account since I never really checked my Zune for it. But, most of the other programs that were installed prior to forcing the update were still on the phone and a few even went into automatic update once the Mango was finished installing. I went back to install iHR since I listen to a few ClearChannel stations regularly and it didn't show up on Marketplace. I checked their website and it showed there was a Mango version available but, for some reason, at the time, it wasn't showing up on Marketplace when I looked for it.

Even this pasted morning around 1am, I did a search and all it showed was 3 different iHR items. One was a Concert, and the other two were unrelated, I think. Anyway, I posted this morning and then saw the previous post. Went back online with the phone and Low and Behold, there it was. The WPCentral posting was done about 2am so I wonder if it went live on marketplace shortly after I checked for it.

I thought it odd though that others who had Mango were already running the app and had no problem getting it through marketplace. Maybe it was something I did wrong that screwed up my account? One may never know.
Old 10-05-2011, 11:58 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Arrive
Carrier: Sprint For Now

alphaxi3 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Talking Re: iHeartRadio app no longer working in Mango. What other apps doing the same?

I just got the update for I-Heart radio today Oct 5 and it works better than it did before. Before I could not listen to it with my bluetooth headset, because it would play at 2X speed. Now it works as it should.
Old 10-05-2011, 01:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

That's good to know. I noticed that issue also a couple of times when I was trying to run it through my Car stereo's BT connection on the stereo I installed in my Bronco. It sounded like my Talk stations were run by Alvin and the Chipmunks. Or, for you old schoolers, playing your 33 Albums at 45. Or, even 78.......... It didn't do it with all teh stations just a coupe that I usually listened to. Next time I'm back in the Bronco, I'll give it another listen.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > General Windows Phone 7 Discussions