PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > General Windows Phone 7 Discussions
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2010, 08:59 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic
Carrier: Sprint SERO

2 Bunny is keeping up the good work2 Bunny is keeping up the good work2 Bunny is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to 2 Bunny Send a message via Skype™ to 2 Bunny
Post REST IN PEACE WINDOWS MOBILE Reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdavidsmith View Post
Winmo dropped the ball and i've already moved on...winmo 7 is just a phone there's nothing smart about it.
Too bad. I mean, they had already started the "downhill decline" before with WM6.5. The last good version of Windows Mobile was 6.1. You think somebody on YouTube might do something ridiculous, like carve a gravestone for it or something? LOL!

- 2 Bunny
Old 07-14-2010, 01:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive
Carrier: Sprint

IM0001 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularIM0001 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularIM0001 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via ICQ to IM0001 Send a message via AIM to IM0001 Send a message via MSN to IM0001 Send a message via Skype™ to IM0001
Re: Sign the WP7S boycott..

Yaay.. Boycott a OS thats isn't even out yet.. Woohoo.....

Please never get a WP7 based phone ever if you support this nonsense.

Phone History with Sprint: Samsung N400 (Lockup King) - Toshiba VM4050 (Great Screen. No BT) - PPC6700 (Squishy Touchscreen) - Mogul (USB Port No More) - Touch Pro (Davy Jones Locker) - Touch Pro 2 (Oldie But Goodie) - HTC Arrive (I<3WP) : History of Pocket PC's: Dell Axim X50V WM6.5.3 (Still the best VGA PDA gaming and multimedia device since 2004)
Old 07-14-2010, 02:53 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM0001 View Post
Yaay.. Boycott a OS thats isn't even out yet.. Woohoo.....

Please never get a WP7 based phone ever if you support this nonsense.
This thread was started not out of hate for an OS that is not out..but for the fact that killed winmo production..No one would have minded if M$ kept winmo and released WP7 under a different name..but they pretty much killed winmo

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)

Last edited by gTen; 07-14-2010 at 03:01 PM.
Old 07-14-2010, 03:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

IM0001 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularIM0001 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularIM0001 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via ICQ to IM0001 Send a message via AIM to IM0001 Send a message via MSN to IM0001 Send a message via Skype™ to IM0001

WinMo "Was" a good os.. But it really does need to die. The software is ancient and though it has a shton of apps out in the wild for it, I believe that at least 90% will either be reproduced/ported to WM7 with WM7 easily taking on the challenge while also being customizable and tweekable thanks to the good people at XDA-Devs and other places. Don't get me wrong, I still love my TP2, X50v, and any other WinMo device that comes out. But I welcome a change in OS that continues with a windows touch but offers much more complete app development, support, quality, and speed. Though we have a lot of apps, the quality of build of most of them I feel has been sliding downhill for a few years now. With WP7, we get a clean slate people. A great starting point for all the devs to truly make great apps on great hardware. WP7 isn't killing WinMo. That much is certain.
Old 07-14-2010, 03:49 PM
"The Fuzzy One"

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM0001 View Post
WinMo "Was" a good os.. But it really does need to die. The software is ancient and though it has a shton of apps out in the wild for it, I believe that at least 90% will either be reproduced/ported to WM7 with WM7 easily taking on the challenge while also being customizable and tweekable thanks to the good people at XDA-Devs and other places. Don't get me wrong, I still love my TP2, X50v, and any other WinMo device that comes out. But I welcome a change in OS that continues with a windows touch but offers much more complete app development, support, quality, and speed. Though we have a lot of apps, the quality of build of most of them I feel has been sliding downhill for a few years now. With WP7, we get a clean slate people. A great starting point for all the devs to truly make great apps on great hardware. WP7 isn't killing WinMo. That much is certain.
You do know that WP7 and winmo are different OS right? WP7 is aimed at the iphone market with a locked down OS and general consumer...Winmo is an enterprise OS which focuses on giving the use a PC in their pocket...M$ stated themselves that they have no interest in the winmo way of things in the new OS...

We don't mind if M$ released a 2nd OS aimed at consumers and kept winmo alive...but by what they did they pretty much said "winmo is dead" by calling it windows phone 7....winmo did not NEED to die M$ was just afraid of releasing a new OS and ppl claiming it to be a 1st version..so they decided to overlap the branch to make ppl think its 7th version and a mature OS...which it is not....
Old 07-14-2010, 05:00 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Pocket PC: iPhone 5... Y Que?
Carrier: Esprin'

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Microsoft has not forgotten the business crowd... Check this out->
http://www.motorola.com/web/Business...FdID5QodZQ7YhQ
WP7 will be at it's first release and as Microsoft sees fit... They will surely improve upon this newest OS.
Old 07-14-2010, 05:08 PM
"The Fuzzy One"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZTECA View Post
Microsoft has not forgotten the business crowd... Check this out->
http://www.motorola.com/web/Business...FdID5QodZQ7YhQ
WP7 will be at it's first release and as Microsoft sees fit... They will surely improve upon this newest OS.
Yes I know about that...but remember when M$ announced WP7 and how windows mobile apps won't work..and suddenly all the app makers gave up on winmo..I wouldn't have had a problem if they called it Zune Phone or Zune Mobile or zPhone or etc...but by cutting it off pretty much meant M$ doesn't care about it anymore...which I think was a bad move by M$...I mean why purposely kill your own product?

In the end all the phones we will get will be welfare phones and development will die out
Old 07-14-2010, 05:13 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Pocket PC: iPhone 5... Y Que?
Carrier: Esprin'

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Yeah... I see your point... I believe they took a big chance when they decided to nix winmo... However growth is painfull and you can't grow if you don't take any chances.
People choose "new" things all the time... I'm choosing WP7. Others won't They're going after a particular target audience first... The business world will see something down the road. But collecting 1000 signatures is not going to change the direction of a bullet train nor the direction Microsoft is headed.
I don't mean to be negative... Just understanding of what is going on and why.
p.
Old 07-14-2010, 05:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
You do know that WP7 and winmo are different OS right? WP7 is aimed at the iphone market with a locked down OS and general consumer...Winmo is an enterprise OS which focuses on giving the use a PC in their pocket...M$ stated themselves that they have no interest in the winmo way of things in the new OS...

We don't mind if M$ released a 2nd OS aimed at consumers and kept winmo alive...but by what they did they pretty much said "winmo is dead" by calling it windows phone 7....winmo did not NEED to die M$ was just afraid of releasing a new OS and ppl claiming it to be a 1st version..so they decided to overlap the branch to make ppl think its 7th version and a mature OS...which it is not....
Yes I do know its a whole new OS. Thats what makes it great. What part of the Enterprise market is continuing to support WinMo in any way for the future? Very little sadly. Their will always be a bit of WinMo 6.5 (and whatever upgrades Microsoft feels the need to make for the few enterprises that are hevily used to WinMo) but for the most part. WP7 can be built in 2 ways. The multimedia way where they are going at its release, and a more business oriented version they plan to release a little while later once its polished and supported. Makes sense to me. There is no reason for a platform this powerful and diverse to go to waste in the business world. Of course Microsoft isn't stupid to destroy a business tool such as this, they just knew it was time to build it on a new code platform that isn't rooted in the early 2000's. Don't believe me? Doesn't bother me, Just check out the market in a year and all this nonsense talk about it being a dead end, doomed, etc will all be in the past until another competitor comes out to try and enter this market full swing.

A small example is WebOS. Great little OS, has good core values and support, but it was too small of a Dev base, the hardware was underwhelming (Though they also have their hardware on all 3 big networks in the US unlike iP still), and the overall push was too small to really make a grand entrance. Have we seen the last of them? Hell no. Now that HP has Palm's back, they will no doubt be reentering the market with a much better offering in the future. Microsoft already has the resources and backbone to support Windows Phone 7, just like Google had Android, and well Apple has iPhone. This also is mostly the US market, it will be interesting to see what else happens over the pond.
Old 07-14-2010, 05:17 PM
"The Fuzzy One"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZTECA View Post
Yeah... I see your point... I believe they took a big chance when they decided to nix winmo... However growth is painfull and you can't grow if you don't take any chances.
People choose "new" things all the time... I'm choosing WP7. Others won't They're going after a particular target audience first... The business world will see something down the road. But collecting 1000 signatures is not going to change the direction of a bullet train nor the direction Microsoft is headed.
I don't mean to be negative... Just understanding of what is going on and why.
p.
Obviously M$ doesn't even read these forums and probably doesn't care too much, they are not gonna their path just for us lol...It is a pretty old post and it was just a way to vent the frustration I guess :/..by now most have already coped with it and decided to either hop to android, wait to see what WP7 will bring or hold out to winmo as much as they can.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > General Windows Phone 7 Discussions

Tags
boycott, microsoft, petition, windows phone 7