PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2009, 11:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul
Carrier: Sprint

emkorial is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Upgrade now, or wait?

So I'm an old time Mogul + SERO guy. The little thing is reallystarting to show it's age Unfortunately, all the curent WM sprint phones have a flaw in them that turn me off

Diamond: No keyboard (could deal with that) or SD slot (can't deal with that)
Touch Pro: Horror stories about shoddy hardware
Touch Pro 2: Tilts, which I can't stand and ruins one handed use

It looks like 2010 is a big year for WM, with possible Diamond 2 (with an SD slot) and the HD2.

Should I try to drag a little more life out of the Mogul and see what's coming up?
Old 11-26-2009, 12:38 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

bigmoe88 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to bigmoe88
Re: Upgrade now, or wait?

You don't have to tilt the TP2 to use it, you can use it just like the TP and just slide it up. Also, I *think* all future smartphones after the TP2 (even WinMo ones) will require there new Everything plans. I personally would get the TP2 and flash a custom Juicy ROM or MightyROM. Hope this helps

Phone History: Treo 700p >> Treo 800w >> HTC Diamond >> Treo Pro WM 6.5.1 Cfay build 23409 >> HTC Diamond OMJ's HTC Sense UI aka Manila 2.5 WM 6.5 21870 >> Palm Pre
Old 11-28-2009, 04:53 AM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

I'd hold out to see if the HD2 comes to Sprint or what they reveal after the first of the year.
Old 11-28-2009, 01:20 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO 4G-EVO 3D-Acer Iconia A500

gmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrObvious View Post
I'd hold out to see if the HD2 comes to Sprint or what they reveal after the first of the year.
I agree with that... I've been eligible for an upgrade since Feb of this year. When I bought my Touch Pro the day it came out at best buy for some reason I got the 2year discount price but they never started my contract over. So I've been waiting for a powerful device. I was thinking about getting the Touch Pro2 but all it is, is a Touch Pro with a bigger screen. I need that snapdragon power. I'm definitely waiting to see if the HD2 comes to sprint or something as powerful.
Old 12-01-2009, 01:44 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: AT&T Tilt
Carrier: AT&T

.HaVoC. is a n00b
Send a message via ICQ to .HaVoC. Send a message via AIM to .HaVoC. Send a message via MSN to .HaVoC. Send a message via Yahoo to .HaVoC. Send a message via Skype™ to .HaVoC.

If I were you I would just wait to see what's over the horizon.

.::Portfolio::.
Old 12-01-2009, 01:53 AM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by .HaVoC. View Post
If I were you I would just wait to see what's over the horizon.
ditto. i'd buy a used tp cheap from here or ebay to hold me over until i saw something i liked. no use throwing money at something and then being stuck with it for 2 years.
Old 12-01-2009, 02:17 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: AT&T Tilt
Carrier: AT&T

.HaVoC. is a n00b
Send a message via ICQ to .HaVoC. Send a message via AIM to .HaVoC. Send a message via MSN to .HaVoC. Send a message via Yahoo to .HaVoC. Send a message via Skype™ to .HaVoC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.8820 View Post
ditto. i'd buy a used tp cheap from here or ebay to hold me over until i saw something i liked. no use throwing money at something and then being stuck with it for 2 years.
I notice with HTC that most of the phones that come out close together have almost identical hardware under the hood. It's usually around every 1 to 1.5 years that something "big" will raise the bar (capacitive screens in this case). Before it was accelerometers (G-Sensor).

Software isn't as much of an issue because they can always just update old devices (which is why I have 6.5.3 on a Tilt lol)

Last edited by .HaVoC.; 12-01-2009 at 02:22 AM.
Old 12-01-2009, 02:23 AM
Linux Administrator
Pocket PC: HTC Evo -- Rooted
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premium

BooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuff

+1 on holding out until Sprint announces their next handsets. I am waiting on the HD2 personally. If their new phones dont have anything you like or are to expensive, the Touch Pro 2 is a very nice phone. I recently had my TP swapped for a TP2 from an advanced exchange. I am loving the big screen and case design. I dont really use the tilt that much, but the keyboard and screen are perfect. The case just feels more solid than the old TP1.

Yup, Thats the actual speeds I get from my 1U production server
If my posts have been helpful in any way, please click the "Thanks" button --------------------------------> ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions