PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-06-2009, 10:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo
Carrier: Sprint

M2Iceman is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: i have the palm pre release date is june 6th

As far as syncing your calendar, I used the app from Palm.com/Support
They have an app that allowed for me to sync my Outlook calendar to the Pre. As far as my contacts were I had the guys at Sprint do that.
Old 06-08-2009, 08:39 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

mshefke is just getting started

I went to the Sprint store to check this out on Saturday thinking that I was going to be tempted to sell my TP and pick this up, but really I wasn't blown away. The OS seems good but the phone itself didn't impress me too much. The case was kind of cheap feeling and the keyboard wasn't as good as the old Treo IMHO. I don't like the sticky, rubbery keys. Guess I got spoiled by the TP. We'll see though. I might have to wait for the next gen of this phone. I would like to go back to the Palm OS since WinMo is just a pain with all of the freaking reboots you have to do, but can't see it for this particular phone.
Old 06-08-2009, 09:44 AM
In the state of confusion
Pocket PC: EVO ONE(M7), Galaxy S4

sanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to sanmanc Send a message via MSN to sanmanc Send a message via Yahoo to sanmanc

The battery is the same one that comes with the Centro and Treo 800. I didn't purchase the Pre yet because I wanted to see how it performed with real users but I did go to the store on Saturday. The Palm guy at the store was demoing his Pre since 9a and did not see the battery fall really low til about 3:30p. I think 6 hours of heavy use is not bad considering what I get out of my 800w.

Old 06-08-2009, 03:40 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: palm pre
Threadstarter

bigbgj15 is just getting started

i can have a video on here soon...and it is an iphone killer the only thing better wit the iphone is iphones apps r more developed they have more of a choice...ive had people that work for verizon n r owners of an iphone say its better atleast gives it a run for its money...the reason ppl say its not better is cuz apple goes all out wit their advertisement and gettin the word out their apple does it up

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions