PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2009, 03:06 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

lemeiux1 is keeping up the good worklemeiux1 is keeping up the good worklemeiux1 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Opera Mishap

Ok so I had lost opera when I installed SSK ROM so I went and found an opera 95 build cab and installed it, but I then realized when I opened it that it was not the sprint one (where the touch wheel zooms) so I wanted to uninstall it. However it did not appear in the list of uninstallable progs, so I found the sprint one and installed it over top of it

now I have 2 versions of opera on my device and no way to uninstall either one!

I would normally just hard reset but I have been working on my Mobile Shell 3 for weeks now and I dont want to have to redo the whole thing

anyone know how I can manually remove them and start over by installing just one?

thanks!
Old 05-20-2009, 03:11 AM
Mobileunderground.info
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

bikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to bikeandestroyx Send a message via MSN to bikeandestroyx
Re: Opera Mishap

hey man you can bckup your spb configurations by exporting the registry for it

Thanks to RSTOYGUY
Edit:
When you export the key, you will most likely have a build error with the following key:
Code:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Spb Software House 2\Spb Mobile Shell\Menu\Programs\Icons]
"\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Games"=dword:00000068
NO PROBLEM! Change *ALL* the values in this one key to have "Double Slashes" like so:
Code:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Spb Software House 2\Spb Mobile Shell\Menu\Programs\Icons]
"\\Windows\\Start Menu\\Programs\\Games"=dword:00000068
also here is the best IMO opera version and its uninstallable make sure you install it on the device not storage card!
Opera 16277
Old 05-24-2009, 06:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch and TP2
Carrier: Sprint

sadthai is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsadthai is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsadthai is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsadthai is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Opera Mishap

you can try to re-install the cab that you want to uninstall, which uninstall option isnt available in the "remove program" option. when you install the cab, it will tell you that a previous version was installed and ask you if you want to remove it first. click yes to remove it, and it will be removed. then it will ask you where you want to install the opera, in your device or in your storage, just click cancel and exit. hope this help.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions