PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2009, 01:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: sprint

dontouchmytouchpro is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
themes?

PLEASE HELP! i just want to download a theme on my phone. i understand that i need a 3rd party explorer to zip or run apps when i download from my phone. i was told so far resco exploror or total commander is a good app for that. also to downoad one of them to my storage card and then run it from there. well when i go to open it or run it, says its not a validpocket pc application. please help. just want to change my theme and have some gvgame apps on my new phone. thank you so much
Old 05-07-2009, 01:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP/MR5 and TP/Juicy 7
Carrier: Sprint Only The Best

bayushikitsune is keeping up the good workbayushikitsune is keeping up the good workbayushikitsune is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to bayushikitsune
Re: themes?

From where are you downloading these themes? It seems like you are using the .exe version probably instead of the .cab. Gives us some more info please.
Old 05-07-2009, 01:37 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices
Carrier: Sprint

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie

Yes...more info is need. Give us a direct link to the theme, etc.

late,
Coz
Old 05-07-2009, 02:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

im sorry. im talking about dowloading resco or the total comm. still. i cant even finish that part. i havnt succesfully completed one dl yet. i just go to google resco explorer , then pc version, 3rd pic over where it says querty keyboard and touch screen. then a file on that screen. total comm/just dowlaod whats there. i dont know what to do or what im doing. please help me. im 24 but your teaching a 4 yr old.lol 50 thanks to who helps me.haha. thank you guys
Old 05-07-2009, 02:15 PM
Coz-erator

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level

Go here and download the arm cab

http://www.ghisler.com/pocketpc.htm

late,
Coz
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-07-2009, 02:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

im a complete idiot. i told u. that is the exact file i dled already. when i got to the dowload screen with the file highlighted in green i just x'd out thinking it dowloaded alreadt. i accidentally doubled tapped it this time and it downloaded. thank you so much. now say i want to download a theme or game now. how do i use this app to zip it or whatever i have to do. im getting there. almost. once i do one i can do the rest right?
Old 05-07-2009, 04:11 PM
Coz-erator

Well keep in mind that some apps can only be installed from your pc. However, if you download a zipped file, just open Total Commander and navigate to the zipped file that you downloaded. Tap to open the zip file.

late,
Coz
Old 05-07-2009, 04:13 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

not that it helps op, ive done the same thing with opera.
Old 05-07-2009, 07:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

how do i know if the file has been zipped already?. i find it on total command now and it doesnt have an open option. just unzip, i unzip it and copy it to documents and then find it there and go to open it and it says that i must open the app and run it from there?..what am i doing wrong? im just trying to download and run a theme on freewarepocketpc.net.is that a reliable site?. is there a better site that i can download off of?. i got total command, now im on the second part. I thank you guys for your help so far....

p.s. what is the trick to posting a reply on here on my ppc....it wont click on the dialogue box to text in. i have a touch pro by the way. Im on my home computer right now....things just arent working out for me /....sorry for the aggravation
Old 05-08-2009, 11:56 AM
Coz-erator

Why don't you upload the file here and let us take a look at it.

To upload a file:
1. From the Quick Reply window hit the Go Advanced button.
2. Scroll down a bit and hit the Manage Attachments button.
3. Browse to your file on your pc and hit Upload.
4. Once the file is done uploading close that window and hit the Submit Reply button.

late,
Coz

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions