PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2008, 11:48 PM
Chillin'
Pocket PC: Evolved....
Carrier: Sprint

hooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: let's change the subject then

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamus08 View Post
Right now I am using a Sprint Diamond and/or a Touch Pro. Is there and easy way to increase the signal on one or both?
I don't know if there is a radio upgrade yet you would have to check the sub forum...
Old 12-17-2008, 11:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Threadstarter

yamus08 is keeping up the good workyamus08 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooover View Post
GSM=Global System for Mobile Communication and in America there are a few carriers that are GSM yes all of the phones are able to be used on each other once unlocked...

iDen= Integrated Digital Enhanced Network and has a few company's in America but primarily it is Nextel...

iDen phones can use GSM sim cards even though the networks are different...
I have a paid for company phone. I get the option of Sprint or Nextel. I love all of my Sprint phones. I am just trying to find a way to use Nextel's network and still be a PPCGEEK. Please don't tell me all hope is lost

Old 12-17-2008, 11:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooover View Post
I don't know if there is a radio upgrade yet you would have to check the sub forum...
Aren't higher radios not always better?
Old 12-18-2008, 12:25 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Fuze
Carrier: AT&T

Hafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: Nextel???

Quote:
Now I am really confused because the girl across the street is using a Nextel phone on the Cricket network. WTF. More info please.
Thanks
Yam
I'm not sure if this is the case, but I know Sprint released a few phones that were capable of using CDMA voice and IDEN direct connect. Perhaps she has one of those and uses voice only? Just a guess...

Having problems finding what you're looking for? Here are some tips on how to search the site more effectively.
Old 12-18-2008, 12:30 PM
DaGreatOne
Pocket PC: HTC EVO (white)!

shaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to shaun0207 Send a message via Yahoo to shaun0207 Send a message via Skype™ to shaun0207

the Blackberry is really you only option right now. I had that old WM Blackberry for two weeks. it sucked.

Old 12-19-2008, 02:03 AM
When will then be now?
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

imneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to imneveral0ne Send a message via MSN to imneveral0ne Send a message via Yahoo to imneveral0ne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripdub1 View Post
I'm not sure if this is the case, but I know Sprint released a few phones that were capable of using CDMA voice and IDEN direct connect. Perhaps she has one of those and uses voice only? Just a guess...

The only sprint/nextel hybrid phone i know of is the ic902 and thats only cause my brother has it. either way, it uses sprint for voice so your reception issues wont be fixed by it. his phone does always get more bars than i do though. not that those really mean anything lol.
Old 12-19-2008, 02:07 AM
Chillin'
Pocket PC: Evolved....

hooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by imneveral0ne View Post
The only sprint/nextel hybrid phone i know of is the ic902 and thats only cause my brother has it. either way, it uses sprint for voice so your reception issues wont be fixed by it. his phone does always get more bars than i do though. not that those really mean anything lol.

There is quite a few highbred phones by Sprint/Nextel but the OP was looking for a PPC that was Nextel...
Old 12-19-2008, 11:02 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Fuze
Carrier: AT&T

Hafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Yes, he was looking for a ppc. He also said he thought his neighbor was using a Nextel phone on the Cricket network. That is why I made the post regarding the hybrid phones. I thought maybe that's what his neighbor had.
Old 12-20-2008, 01:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Looks like I was misinformed about the whole Nextel Cricket thing. I feel like a J*&^$ss. I went over to check out the phone and it was some kind of old generic Blackberry. What about the option of the Sprint Airave deal? I entered my work's zipcode into the airave website and it said that service was not available there. That doesn't make a whole lot of sense though because it is my understanding that it uses the internet to create the signal.
Old 12-20-2008, 11:34 PM
d94
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

d94 is just getting started

Quote:
Looks like I was misinformed about the whole Nextel Cricket thing. I feel like a J*&^$ss. I went over to check out the phone and it was some kind of old generic Blackberry. What about the option of the Sprint Airave deal? I entered my work's zipcode into the airave website and it said that service was not available there. That doesn't make a whole lot of sense though because it is my understanding that it uses the internet to create the signal.
random: hey bro your PM box is full! plz clean it up so i can respond lol

Mogul > Diamond FREE, $75 inconvenience credit
$42/mo 1250 min unlimited txt/data + TEP
<sprint tech>

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions