PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-23-2008, 03:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

auto_exec is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Tether PS3 to phone for internet??

Quote:
Originally Posted by raziug View Post
even if you had wifi on your ppc, wmwifirouter will not work directly with the ps3. ps3 does not support ad-hoc. you can tether your ppc to pc, then connect ps3 to pc, and share internet connection. google it, youll find out how.
This will work, when I was traveling with my 360 about a year ago I tethered my old Mogul to my laptop via USB, then hooked my 360 up to my laptop via ethernet and bridged the connection. Worked like a charm, didn't even notice any lag!
Old 12-23-2008, 03:24 PM
Young-E
Pocket PC: TP2

Young_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDiesel07 View Post
I believe the PS3 has a Wi-Fi receiver.. I don't know for certain though...
40gb and up PS3's have wireless built in. All other versions just have an ethernet jack.
Minnesota Militia/Touch Pro Division
Old 12-23-2008, 06:06 PM
Big MVP Diesel
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO 2

BigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to BigDiesel07 Send a message via Skype™ to BigDiesel07

Good lookin on that clarify Young
Old 12-23-2008, 06:12 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sharp KIN Two
Carrier: VzW

CommieCOZY is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young_breedent View Post
40gb and up PS3's have wireless built in. All other versions just have an ethernet jack.
Yeah. Only the original 20GB model ps3 was without wireless.
Old 12-23-2008, 06:17 PM
Young-E
Pocket PC: TP2

Young_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDiesel07 View Post
Good lookin on that clarify Young
no problem....just hit the thanks button next time
Old 12-28-2010, 08:52 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

deadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to deadwrong03 Send a message via MSN to deadwrong03 Send a message via Yahoo to deadwrong03 Send a message via Skype™ to deadwrong03

Quote:
Originally Posted by auto_exec View Post
This will work, when I was traveling with my 360 about a year ago I tethered my old Mogul to my laptop via USB, then hooked my 360 up to my laptop via ethernet and bridged the connection. Worked like a charm, didn't even notice any lag!
Will this work on ps3? When u hooked the Ethernet cord to the laptop and 360 way do u have to do to bridge the Internet connection? Will it automatically be able to detect a Internet connection since it already tethering to the laptop with ur phone and the system is connected to the laptop or is there a setting on the computer u have to change to bridge the internet connection?
Old 12-28-2010, 10:25 AM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadwrong03 View Post
Will this work on ps3? When u hooked the Ethernet cord to the laptop and 360 way do u have to do to bridge the Internet connection? Will it automatically be able to detect a Internet connection since it already tethering to the laptop with ur phone and the system is connected to the laptop or is there a setting on the computer u have to change to bridge the internet connection?

just try it.. if you notice - this is a 2 yr old thread...

PS3 needs Infrastructure
360 can use ad-hoc(most winMO phones use ad-hoc by default)(wMOdem)

but theres only 3 possible options really... USB, Wifi, or the bridged connection thing...... so try them out, whats the harm
Old 12-28-2010, 04:35 PM
truth mirror
Pocket PC: N Deuce

w7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuff

I used to connect my ps3 to my laptop for internet sharing my phones data. I think I got the tutorial from youtube.
Old 12-28-2010, 08:18 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

deadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to deadwrong03 Send a message via MSN to deadwrong03 Send a message via Yahoo to deadwrong03 Send a message via Skype™ to deadwrong03

ive tried the wifi, and i dont know exactly what to do with the bridged connection thing ive never done it before
Old 12-28-2010, 11:42 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: ?
Carrier: Boost

touchem70501 is a n00b

look on youtube it gives you instructions on how to do this..

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions