PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2008, 12:50 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Tilt
Carrier: AT&T

htctiltman is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Weird problem with ringtones

Okay so I have put my ringtones under the ringtones folder on my device, I have also put them in the windows folder as well and I can't assign any of them for actual ringtones for incoming calls. However when I go to settings, then sounds and notifications and I select notifications and choose a sound for missed calls, all of my ringtones are available for my missed calls notification. Why can I see all of my ringtones for a missed call event but not an incoming phone call event? And when I go to settings then click on phone and select ring tone, none of my ringtones are there? This only happened to me after I downloaded 6.1 for my Kaiser, before that I put my ringtones under My Ringtones on my device and I had no problem. This doesn't make sense.

Any help will be very much appreciated.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-09-2008, 11:00 AM
Big MVP Diesel
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO 2
Carrier: Sprint

BigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to BigDiesel07 Send a message via Skype™ to BigDiesel07
Re: Weird problem with ringtones

That is weird.. Wish I could help you... You can assign ringtones still, right?
Old 12-09-2008, 11:24 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Telus

majorassface is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmajorassface is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmajorassface is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmajorassface is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by htctiltman View Post
Okay so I have put my ringtones under the ringtones folder on my device, I have also put them in the windows folder as well and I can't assign any of them for actual ringtones for incoming calls. However when I go to settings, then sounds and notifications and I select notifications and choose a sound for missed calls, all of my ringtones are available for my missed calls notification. Why can I see all of my ringtones for a missed call event but not an incoming phone call event? And when I go to settings then click on phone and select ring tone, none of my ringtones are there? This only happened to me after I downloaded 6.1 for my Kaiser, before that I put my ringtones under My Ringtones on my device and I had no problem. This doesn't make sense.

Any help will be very much appreciated.
I believe this is just a stupid windows issue. You have to assign the mp3 as a ringtone through file explorer(right click assign as rongtone). Once you do that it will appear in your ringtones list when selecting a new one.
Old 12-09-2008, 01:23 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by majorassface View Post
I believe this is just a stupid windows issue. You have to assign the mp3 as a ringtone through file explorer(right click assign as rongtone). Once you do that it will appear in your ringtones list when selecting a new one.

More weirdness

I right clicked all of my ringtones and they moved from my windows root to the My Ringtones folder, however when I go to settings sounds and notifications and or settings phone and ring tone, none of my ringtones are there still. However when I go into the My Ringtones folder under my device my documents, and I right click the song that I want as my ringtone it will assign that one song as my ringtone and it will even show up on my home screen and I tested it by calling from my work phone and the song played, however I tried calling my phone again and then it went back to the default rings. This is crazy, its like something is blocking them from showing up as ringtones but the weird thing is the one song that I wanted to play played when I called but then it went back to the default ring tone. Can anyone recognize what is going on with my phone?

BigDiesel07 I can assign ringtones but only the default stock tones.

Last edited by htctiltman; 12-09-2008 at 01:26 PM.
Old 12-09-2008, 01:28 PM
Big MVP Diesel

BigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation level

Everything is stock on your phone? No custom ROM's or anything? Can you list the programs you have running? One of them might be causing the issue...
Old 12-09-2008, 01:36 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

The programs that I put on is G-alarm, monopoly and I think Kaiser tweak was installed correctly and that's it. Ohh and a transformer sound for the slide.
Old 12-09-2008, 01:38 PM
Big MVP Diesel

Maybe the G-Alarm is causing the issue... I can't say for certain.. What does the Kaiser Tweak affect? Like, what does it tweak?
Old 12-09-2008, 01:42 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDiesel07 View Post
Maybe the G-Alarm is causing the issue... I can't say for certain.. What does the Kaiser Tweak affect? Like, what does it tweak?

To be honest this is going to sound dumb but a friend who has a Titan gave it to me and recommended it, I don't know what it does to be honest I know that sounds dumb. I think it just affects the sleep feature So do you think I should take G-Alarm off then see if it makes a difference?

Last edited by htctiltman; 12-09-2008 at 01:45 PM.
Old 12-09-2008, 01:44 PM
DaGreatOne
Pocket PC: HTC EVO (white)!

shaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to shaun0207 Send a message via Yahoo to shaun0207 Send a message via Skype™ to shaun0207

Move all of your ringtones to "application data > sounds" see if they show up then.

thats where mine are and they all show up

This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 12-09-2008, 01:46 PM
Big MVP Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaun0207 View Post
Move all of your ringtones to "application data > sounds" see if they show up then
I would try this first... If it doesn't work, then yeah.. I would remove each program, one by one, to see if they are causing the problem... Make sure you have the .CAB for the program you remove so you don't have to rehash and go through a long process searching for it...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions