PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2008, 09:56 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

inline is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Messaging Attachments - Read Only?

Hi...I'm hoping someone has experienced this and has an answer...the vendor wasn't too helpful...then again it was probably their 1st level support...

I just got a Sprint HTC Touch Pro and was playing with ListPro v5 software. I like that I can email a list to someone else with a WM device, however when they open the .clf file as an attachment, it opens, but only in Read Only mode, which doesn't allow checking items off, only viewing the list.

Ideally, I'd like to email a grocery list to someone and have them simply open the attachment and be able to check things off without having to save the attachment, etc. Is this just the way Windows Mobile is or is there a registry hack available? Outlook on the desktop operates like this too in reading pane mode, but if you open the message in a new window and click the attachment it is in read-write mode.

Anyone know how to make what I'm looking to do work?

Thanks in advance to any gurus with the answer!
Old 11-16-2008, 04:46 PM
Big MVP Diesel
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO 2

BigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to BigDiesel07 Send a message via Skype™ to BigDiesel07
Re: Messaging Attachments - Read Only?

I think the problem is that the person you send the .clf file does not have a program that can open it and work with it... It can open as read-only, but it won't open where you can check off things unless you have ListPro v5 or a suitable substitute..
Old 11-16-2008, 07:49 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

inline is a n00b

I don't think that's it...I've tested it with myself, sending the ListPro list to myself via email on my desktop and when my WM device grabs it via activesync and I open the attachment it's read only. Same deal with word or excel attachments except you can work with them but if you try to save it won't since it's open in read only mode. The problem with ListPro is that it tries to save changes realtime as you check things off hence the issue.

So this isn't a ListPro issue, but a WM OS issue. Anyone know the internals enough to verify this and know of any work arounds with attachments so they open in Read-Write mode via the Outlook Messaging App on the WM 6.1 device?
Old 11-27-2008, 10:15 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

inline is a n00b

I'm kinda surprised I haven't gotten any other responses on this...I can't be the only one that discovered this or has an issue with it? Anyone else have this problem or develop a solution to make attachments open in read-write mode vs. read-only?
Old 11-27-2008, 10:19 PM
Big MVP Diesel
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO 2

BigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to BigDiesel07 Send a message via Skype™ to BigDiesel07

Hopefully somebody can come through and help you out...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions