PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2008, 02:42 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

jthomas8946 knows their stuffjthomas8946 knows their stuffjthomas8946 knows their stuffjthomas8946 knows their stuffjthomas8946 knows their stuffjthomas8946 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Reading Post and Receiving Instructions

When communicating in a forum it is hard to know the writers intentions. There are many people who belong to this site and from all over the world. If you are writing or receiving instructions you should do it with manners. I was just reading a post where a writer was emphasizing the instructions he wrote in a previous post. The reader and recipient of the instructions got upset due to the fact that he thought he was being patronized. My point is that e-mails, letters, forum post, etc… are hard ways of communication because you do not know the writers intentions behind the words. This site is for all of us who are not satisfied with a stock Windows Mobile phones! So we are all here for the same reason and I think that we should work together and not discriminate or get upset if we do not know the exact intentions of the writer!
Old 11-13-2008, 03:10 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie
Re: Reading Post and Receiving Instructions

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthomas8946 View Post
When communicating in a forum it is hard to know the writers intentions. There are many people who belong to this site and from all over the world. If you are writing or receiving instructions you should do it with manners. I was just reading a post where a writer was emphasizing the instructions he wrote in a previous post. The reader and recipient of the instructions got upset due to the fact that he thought he was being patronized. My point is that e-mails, letters, forum post, etc… are hard ways of communication because you do not know the writers intentions behind the words. This site is for all of us who are not satisfied with a stock Windows Mobile phones! So we are all here for the same reason and I think that we should work together and not discriminate or get upset if we do not know the exact intentions of the writer!
Thanks for posting Jeff.

Indeed, it is at times very difficult to "read between the lines" when it comes to the written word.

However, I would also like to point out a few things:

1. There are over 497,000 posts.
2. We proudly have over 169,000 members.
3. We also proudly have over 27,000 active members.
4. If you come across a post that seems offensive please notify one of the staff here...chances are you may not be the only one.

As you pointed out we are indeed all here for the same thing (however I'm here for the yummy buffet only open to senior members on Sunday evenings). We are a HUGE comminty or family. And as with any family sometimes tempers flare or things get said out of context. Everyone has been to that family dinner where your cousin says something and everyone just stares in disbelief. Do we openly ridicule "the cousin"? No, we just smile and nod and move on with the conversation as it's best sometimes not to acknowledge the faux pas.

It is important to remember that courtesy and politeness are always expected here at PPCGeeks..however, since this site is driven by the "written" word, it's very easy to misunderstand someone's intentions, etc.

So have another cup of java and enjoy the ride

late,
Coz
Old 11-13-2008, 04:18 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Threadstarter

jthomas8946 knows their stuffjthomas8946 knows their stuffjthomas8946 knows their stuffjthomas8946 knows their stuffjthomas8946 knows their stuffjthomas8946 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: Reading Post and Receiving Instructions

Quote:
Originally Posted by cozboogie View Post

It is important to remember that courtesy and politeness are always expected here at PPCGeeks..however, since this site is driven by the "written" word, it's very easy to misunderstand someone's intentions, etc.

late,
Coz
Good Points!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions