PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2007, 10:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

phyrebird is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I'd like some advice.

So some of you may have seen me posting in here that I'm looking at the PPC-6700. I'm a Sprint user, and I've been looking to go to a PDA/PPC phone for a little while now, and that's the one I'd decided on. I suppose I'd like some input so I choose the right device. I'm a small business owner (the business is me :P) and want to consolidate my phone and contact management, etc into one phone.

My uses are:

Contacts, both phone and non-.
Light emailing.
Some text/SMS stuff.
I'd like to have a couple games, etc.
'Net browsing.

So based on that, I know that either the Treos, 6700 or 6800 would all do.. I guess I'm looking more for pros and cons here from people that use them.

Thanks for the help.
Old 04-30-2007, 10:13 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Harrier, HTC Apache, HTC Titan, HTC Vogue....
Carrier: Sprint

colonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuff
Honestly, I would tell you to wait for the 6800. I do not know the Treos very well, but I love the 6700. However, it would be a waste of money to buy a 6700 now since they are discontinued. Granted, you could get a good deal on one. But, I would advise to save some money in your piggy bank and wait for the 6800

If you have been helped by me or would like to support developers like Olipro, helmi_c, and others please feel free to Donate

ALWAYS FLASH BACK TO YOUR CARRIER'S OFFICIAL ROM BEFORE TAKING YOUR PHONE IN FOR SERVICE OF ANY KIND

Old 04-30-2007, 11:37 PM
Oldguy
Pocket PC: Moto DROID
Carrier: vzw

nuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuff
100% agree with the Colonel (damn, again?!? I don't agree this much w/ my wife... well that's a low bar anyway)

Have Wifi and GPS on your phone???
Check out Navizon. It's $$$ in your pocket!
http://my.navizon.com/Webapps/UserAd..._code=5E5D5D5F
Navizon- Get paid $s to use your phones GPS & Wifi!

My Navizon Thread:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=21590
Old 05-01-2007, 09:18 AM
Chillin' with my Geeks!
Pocket PC: Epic 4G & Iphone is my toy :)
Carrier: Sprint/PPCGeeks

GirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
me too

Wait for the 6800 is the right choice. At least, I know wideawake is dying for it to come out, lol.

If you wanna make the world a better place take a look at yourself and then make a change ~Michael Jackson
Old 05-01-2007, 12:32 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon & Bravo
Carrier: Sprint & AT&T PAYG

budney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to budney
Pretty much any PPCPhone/smartphone will do those tasks well. It just depends on what you want and how comfortable the device feels to you.

6700/6800 - Maximum tweakabilty, Powerfull PDA, weak phone

700wx - The screen will limit some PDA functionality, very stable, much better phone

Q - No touch screen, more PDA limitations, not as stable as 700wx, awesome phone & bluetooth.

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...1249020923.gif http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...1249020658.gif
Old 05-01-2007, 09:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

phyrebird is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by budney
Pretty much any PPCPhone/smartphone will do those tasks well. It just depends on what you want and how comfortable the device feels to you.

6700/6800 - Maximum tweakabilty, Powerfull PDA, weak phone

700wx - The screen will limit some PDA functionality, very stable, much better phone

Q - No touch screen, more PDA limitations, not as stable as 700wx, awesome phone & bluetooth.
How weak is the phone? I should have mentioned that while I'm going to be using it for all the things above, it will also be my primary phone.. (no landline, so my cell is my primary)
Old 05-01-2007, 09:57 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon & Bravo
Carrier: Sprint & AT&T PAYG

budney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to budney
RF is good, but it's the sound quality that isn't good IMHO. My cell is my primary phone too, The improved sound quality of the the 700wx is one of the things that made me switch from the 6700 at the time.
Old 05-01-2007, 10:43 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

mofotrucker is just getting started
Send a message via MSN to mofotrucker Send a message via Yahoo to mofotrucker
wait for the 6800

Trying to get a job as Technical Consultant, Service and Repair at a Sprint store in El Paso, Tx Wish me luck
Old 05-01-2007, 10:55 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: iPhone 6+
Carrier: AT&T

JackSchitt28 is keeping up the good workJackSchitt28 is keeping up the good work
yeah, it will be here in no time. if your going to spend that type of money, then just wait for the 6800. if you bought the 6700, and learned it's capabilities, in a month you would just want the 6800 anyways.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions