PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2008, 09:11 PM
ptfdmedic

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Wink Sprint Replacing Vogue and Moguls for free.....

I called today and was going to file a claim on my mogul and vogue cause batterys were getting old (and I thought new phones for $50 bucks each) and not holding charge as well. So I called the Assurian (SP?) to inquire about doing this and they said that anyone having electrical and/or mechanical problems are getting brand new phones for free. They are even over nighting them for free. So I am getting a brand new sealed in the box mogul and vogue fro free. I don't know why they are doing this and for how long but if anyone is having battery "Problems" you can get a new phone for free. I am not suggesting anyone commit fraud but they told me that battery issues and other mechanical issues qualify for free replacement...

Just thought I would share......

Last edited by ptfdmedic; 09-23-2008 at 09:21 PM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 09-23-2008, 10:52 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

Whosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Whosdaman Send a message via MSN to Whosdaman Send a message via Yahoo to Whosdaman Send a message via Skype™ to Whosdaman
Re: Sprint Replacing Vogue and Moguls for free.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptfdmedic View Post
I called today and was going to file a claim on my mogul and vogue cause batterys were getting old (and I thought new phones for $50 bucks each) and not holding charge as well. So I called the Assurian (SP?) to inquire about doing this and they said that anyone having electrical and/or mechanical problems are getting brand new phones for free. They are even over nighting them for free. So I am getting a brand new sealed in the box mogul and vogue fro free. I don't know why they are doing this and for how long but if anyone is having battery "Problems" you can get a new phone for free. I am not suggesting anyone commit fraud but they told me that battery issues and other mechanical issues qualify for free replacement...

Just thought I would share......
what is the number to this company again?
Old 09-23-2008, 11:21 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: touch
Carrier: sprint

walla is keeping up the good workwalla is keeping up the good work

You need to return your old phone, right? Folks, don't do it unless you think it's really justified.

Old 09-24-2008, 12:25 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint Sero 50

stinkbud is just getting started

my phone (touch) has a problem with the screen, I would love to get a new one.

Is it through sprint cust service or the warranty company?

Do I restore it to stock condition?
Old 09-24-2008, 09:04 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

cp429 is a n00b

have you guys had problems with phone randomly going dead- been a new issue as of past month.. (have had since last dec..)
Old 09-24-2008, 10:47 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

detroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cp429 View Post
have you guys had problems with phone randomly going dead- been a new issue as of past month.. (have had since last dec..)
had that issue as well in the past it was also just randomly locking up the device as well - discovered it was the battery, had them swap it out and havent had an issue with it since - something about its a known issue where the quality of the voltage/amperage coming from it was stable so it would have issues the phone would just freeze or shut down thinking it was suddenly dead (not enough power in the cell)

Detroit Doug

Old 09-24-2008, 12:06 PM
Yo, VIP - Let's Kick It!!
Pocket PC: EVO - Rooted & OMJ's Rom

FastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the community

I just called Asurion about this, and they said it would be $50 to replace.
I even mentioned that I heard some people getting them replaced for free since it's a
known issue, and they said, "Nope, it's $50 through us."

Maybe I'll try calling back and see if I get someone else.

Just to clarify, you told them that you had electrical issues? or battery issues?
Old 09-24-2008, 12:10 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apple iPhone 8 Plus
Carrier: At&t

mindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to mindfrost82

Asurion is the company Sprint uses if you have the additional warranty on your phone and you need a replacement (breaks, water damage, etc). You pay monthly for this insurance and there is a $50 deductible whenever you have to use it to get another phone (and its usually a refurb).

I've never heard of them replacing phones for free. That sounds like something Sprint would do if they're aware of an issue, not Asurion.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-24-2008, 12:17 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Palm Pre, Samsung Moment, Evo 4G soon

dabackwoodboy knows their stuffdabackwoodboy knows their stuffdabackwoodboy knows their stuffdabackwoodboy knows their stuffdabackwoodboy knows their stuffdabackwoodboy knows their stuffdabackwoodboy knows their stuff

yea thats what i was thinking and will i called it was confirmed there not doing any thing for free
Old 09-24-2008, 12:19 PM
b00nsquad
Pocket PC: Touch PRO 2
Carrier: Sprint SERO

boggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindfrost82 View Post
Asurion is the company Sprint uses if you have the additional warranty on your phone and you need a replacement (breaks, water damage, etc). You pay monthly for this insurance and there is a $50 deductible whenever you have to use it to get another phone (and its usually a refurb).

I've never heard of them replacing phones for free. That sounds like something Sprint would do if they're aware of an issue, not Asurion.
I believe that there is some type of qualification or circumstance which causes the $50 fee to kick in. In my case, I pay $7 per month and when I had my vogue replaced, I went to the sprint store and walked out with a refurb in around 45 minutes. There was no additional cost or fee involved.

Of course, it's always possible that the program has changed. It has been four months since I received my replacement.

Best regards,
-boggsie

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions