PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2007, 04:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

pgdeaner is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
6800 in May? I want one now!

This is probably not new news but from a very reliable source. I asked my corporate Sprint rep. about the PPC6800 and was told the tentative ship date is still mid to late May. Hopefully we'll be able to preorder by the end of April. After seeing the pics of the Telus unit on Engaget I'm really drooling.....
Old 04-03-2007, 07:33 PM
boe
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch

boe is keeping up the good workboe is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Yes, it is scheduled for May.

While the 6800 is better than the 6700, a stale piece of bread is better than a moldy piece of bread.

The 6800 is pretty antiquated compared to other phones being released on the market now. You may want to do a little research on Sprint's own forums regarding the outdated 6800. If enough people state their concerns, the 6800 may have a very short shelf life - frankly it should have been EOLed by this summer and the 6900 might keep up with their competitors.
Old 04-03-2007, 08:30 PM
I love root
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

dannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by boe
While the 6800 is better than the 6700, a stale piece of bread is better than a moldy piece of bread.
lmao, thats awesome! I think I'm gonna be using that line if you don't mind.
Lesson learned don't work on PPC while drinking.
Old 04-03-2007, 09:00 PM
boe
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch

boe is keeping up the good workboe is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Thanks - I wasn't trying to be funny, I'm just trying to make a reasonable comparison. People who don't necessarily browse what our buddies overseas - in Europe and Asia our getting would probably be stunned at how much better their choices are.

I think if you don't know about how behind the times the 6800 is, you'll think it is an upgrade from the 6700 but hardly worth a year and a half wait. In my opinion, it is like they are releasing the 2010 Honda Accord in Europe and we are getting the 2006 model.
Old 04-03-2007, 09:43 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: iPhone 6+
Carrier: AT&T

JackSchitt28 is keeping up the good workJackSchitt28 is keeping up the good work
Re: 6800 in May? I want one now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgdeaner
This is probably not new news but from a very reliable source. I asked my corporate Sprint rep. about the PPC6800 and was told the tentative ship date is still mid to late May. Hopefully we'll be able to preorder by the end of April. After seeing the pics of the Telus unit on Engaget I'm really drooling.....
be patient young grasshopper.

Old 04-03-2007, 09:53 PM
I love root
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

dannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by boe
Thanks - I wasn't trying to be funny, I'm just trying to make a reasonable comparison. People who don't necessarily browse what our buddies overseas - in Europe and Asia our getting would probably be stunned at how much better their choices are.

I think if you don't know about how behind the times the 6800 is, you'll think it is an upgrade from the 6700 but hardly worth a year and a half wait. In my opinion, it is like they are releasing the 2010 Honda Accord in Europe and we are getting the 2006 model.
Oh, no doubt. They've much better/cooler phones over there. I'm gonna wait till the 6800 is released then take advantage of my insurance, I mean use it when its needed. Hopefully they'll upgrade me to the 6800, if not then I'll just try again a month or two later.
Old 04-03-2007, 10:12 PM
The Voice of Reason
Pocket PC: PPC 6700/Touch Diamond/Touch Pro

Big D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
[/quote] I'm gonna wait till the 6800 is released then take advantage of my insurance, I mean use it when its needed. Hopefully they'll upgrade me to the 6800, if not then I'll just try again a month or two later.[/quote]

Same here.
“It is from numberless diverse acts of courage and belief that human history is shaped. Each time a man stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope.”

Robert Kennedy

Ha y'all come visit me at WMExperts some time.
Old 04-03-2007, 10:29 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

Shaska is just getting started
I'm gonna wait till the 6800 is released then take advantage of my insurance, I mean use it when its needed. Hopefully they'll upgrade me to the 6800, if not then I'll just try again a month or two later.[/quote]

Same here. [/quote]

I think theres a lot of us planning on having our phones ... "Break" ... on us in the near future... :P
Old 04-03-2007, 10:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Moto Q9c
Carrier: sprint

1oddmanout is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to 1oddmanout
Quote:
Originally Posted by boe
In my opinion, it is like they are releasing the 2010 Honda Accord in Europe and we are getting the 2006 model.
Ford (Ford Owners Recommend Dodges) does that with Foci (Focusses?)
Old 04-04-2007, 02:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note 2

Blofeld is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to Blofeld
Quote:
Originally Posted by boe
Yes, it is scheduled for May.

The 6800 is pretty antiquated compared to other phones being released on the market now. You may want to do a little research on Sprint's own forums regarding the outdated 6800. If enough people state their concerns, the 6800 may have a very short shelf life - frankly it should have been EOLed by this summer and the 6900 might keep up with their competitors.

Exactly! With Wi-Fi in late development stages and set to inititate beta testing in at least 2 cities, the 6800 will be obsolete in less than a year. I am holding off for the 6900.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions