PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2007, 08:15 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TP
Carrier: Sprint

aughsum is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blofeld
Quote:
Originally Posted by boe
Yes, it is scheduled for May.

While the 6800 is better than the 6700, a stale piece of bread is better than a moldy piece of bread.

The 6800 is pretty antiquated compared to other phones being released on the market now. You may want to do a little research on Sprint's own forums regarding the outdated 6800. If enough people state their concerns, the 6800 may have a very short shelf life - frankly it should have been EOLed by this summer and the 6900 might keep up with their competitors.

Exactly! With Wi-Fi in late development stages and set to inititate beta testing in at least 2 cities, the 6800 will be obsolete in less than a year. I am holding off for the 6900.
No your not.

We will all have the 6800, whether we say we will or not.

I dont care how out of date it is.. the only places to go from the 6700 are gps, external vga output, and wm6.
Old 04-04-2007, 09:24 PM
boe
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch

boe is keeping up the good workboe is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by aughsum
I dont care how out of date it is.. the only places to go from the 6700 are gps, external vga output, and wm6.
Let's list the obvious ones based on other phones on the market out by May.
1. VGA display
2. VGA output/connector
3. GPS
4. more memory
5. slimmer
6. WM6
7. LiPo Battery
8. Faster Processor

Let's compare it to other units coming out about the same time -
http://www.gsmarena.com/i_mate_ultimate_7150-1882.php

http://www.gsmarena.com/i_mate_ultimate_6150-1881.php

http://www.gsmarena.com/i_mate_ultimate_9150-1884.php

http://www.gsmarena.com/i_mate_ultimate_5150-1880.php

http://www.gsmarena.com/eten_glofiish_x800-1926.php

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMFABXaACdI

While no unit is perfect - it sure seems like the 6800 is furthest from perfection

Your right they'll probably stop making new models after the 6800 it is just so dang advanced

Continuing with new technology expected for phones in the near future ---
9. BT 2.1
10. On board GPU
11. Silver battery or nanotube or fuel cell
12. OLED VGA display
13. WM7 /Photon
Old 04-05-2007, 06:39 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Titan
Carrier: Verizon

xmind2006 is a n00b
Even though there may be "better" devices this one I think will be quite nice from what we currently are offered.

Heres some more info on the procesor in the 6800.

(also posted on HoFo)
Well since being corrected on what processor the 6800 is using, I'm even more excited about the 6800's possible capabilities.

Check out the spec listing here for the QualComm 7500:
http://www.cdmatech.com/docs_details...lts.jsp?chip=5

And not to give false hope or start another "fruitless" search to enable GPS without a carrier, but.....It's GPSone capabilities does receive satellite signals and can work in a stand alone mode where cell phone reception isn't available!
http://www.cdmatech.com/download_library/pdf/gpsone.pdf

I'm sure somehow it'll be disabled, but I do like the possibilities...
Old 04-05-2007, 09:59 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Apache PPC-6700

BiGMatTFRomJeRSeY is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to BiGMatTFRomJeRSeY
the 6800 is a nice phone the design is but the software is really nothing worth buying for me. im happy with my 700wx i love it. im not going to buy the 6800 until it has wm6 or is promised a wm6 update.
Old 04-05-2007, 03:11 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

sptop is a n00b
assurion will be buying me a 6800

I will be updating my phone via assurrion like most everybody else is. I dont even need my phone to break, cause it is already broken. I had my old one replaced after a month and a half wait because none of the stores have them in stock. Now that I have my replacement I got one of the ones with the bad screen that goes wonky every time I change from landscape to portrait.

The 6800 is an update, and HOPEFULLY they will have used the 1.5years to make a very stable device, even if it lacks the newest features. I am content with my phone as it is (minus the bugs).

My previous phone was the e815 for motorolla. IT was a great phone because it was a pure upgrade of the v710. They only added evdo and better bluetooth support. It took them over a year to release the upgrade but it turned out to be a very stable phone with great reception/battery life.

So my hope is that the 6800 is a pure upgrade of the 6700.
-I dont need any more speed (just better software).
-I am content with my qvga screen, since most apps are still buggy or dont take advantage of vga.
-I do need more local storage (256 is fine).
-And evdo rev A would be nice since I live in NYC.
-Right handed screen and buttons on the top means playing MAME and snes will be much better.
-FINALLY a scroll wheel for browsing and BREAKOUT?
Old 04-07-2007, 01:53 AM
*SCREEEEEECH*
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

EtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuff
I don't care what anyone says, I'll be getting the 6800.

I just don't think my conscience will let me break my 6700 in order to get a 6800 for 50. I'll probably end up swallowing the 6-700 that Sprint ends up asking for it retail...
Old 04-07-2007, 04:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint-Nextel

UTSAFTW is a n00b
Alas I am unable to currently afford what the 6800 will probably cost, but I also don't want to break my 6700, but being on my 3rd 6700, it will only be a matter of time (although I have been taking quite a bit more care of this 3rd 6700 of mine). 1st time was a cracked screen (Never taken a pda phone on a ride that throws you around randomly) and the 2nd was when the charging port became messed up. Currently no problems with my 6700 other than the BSOD and some stability issues. Also, I want to wait and see what happens with the 6800 before I jump away from my 6700.
Old 04-13-2007, 10:59 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 2 Touch Pro 2, Apache (still working great)
Carrier: ALL SERO, ALL THE TIME with android

EJFudd is a n00b
Not sure what you guys mean by 50 bucks. I've had my phone replaced twice and no cost to me. sprent with TEP
Old 04-13-2007, 05:31 PM
I love root
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

dannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIP
if you have insurance on your phone you can get it replaced no matter what happens. . . you loose it, it gets stolen, ect. but there is $50 deductible. How have you had your phone replaced without paying anything?
Lesson learned don't work on PPC while drinking.
Old 04-13-2007, 06:59 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon & Bravo
Carrier: Sprint & AT&T PAYG

budney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to budney
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannzeman
if you have insurance on your phone you can get it replaced no matter what happens. . . you loose it, it gets stolen, ect. but there is $50 deductible. How have you had your phone replaced without paying anything?
More then likely his 6700 was defective and still covered by the manufacturers warranty. If it is and you also have TEP Sprint will replace it for $0.

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...1249020923.gif http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...1249020658.gif

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions