PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2008, 07:31 AM
Banned User

dzuchowski is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Talking Re: 12 - 16 GB MicroSD cards.. When?

Quote:
Originally Posted by blasphemous_prime View Post
I have 4, 6, and 8GB MSDHC cards, so i have no problem putting all of my media files in each of them. that's the beauty of owning more than one...

i place the roms on my 8 gb transflash, music, videos, setup programs for my mogul, pictures, and 8gb is not enough, i want something like 500gb or more. I go by the old adage that you can never ever under anycircumstances have enough storage capacity. I also extend this to system ram as well. I have a laptop with 4gb and i want more i want 8gb or 16gb since my system resources is at 52% so i can get that down to 27% with 8gb and with 16gb it would be 13.5% and if i had 32gb it would be 6.75 and with 64gb it would be 3.35% and with 128gb it would be 1.68% and with 256gb it would be .84% so you can see why i want tons and tons of ram and storage. to me ram and storage are like a womens chest they can never be big enough, the bigger the better.
Old 06-03-2008, 01:57 PM
Let me count thy wounds
Pocket PC: Photon 4G
Carrier: Sprint

blasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to blasphemous_prime Send a message via Yahoo to blasphemous_prime Send a message via Skype™ to blasphemous_prime
Re: 12 - 16 GB MicroSD cards.. When?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hibby50 View Post
how do they cram so much memory into such a tiny chip??
here's your answer... whoever said "Big things come in small packages" wasn't kidding.
If you are literally serving shit to American children, or knowingly spinning a wheel where it is not unlikely that you will eventually serve shit – if that’s your business model? Then I got no problems with a jury of your peers wiring your nuts to a car battery and feeding you the accumulated sweepings from the bottom of a monkey cage. In fact, I’ll hold the spoon.” -Ralph Dunlop-
Old 06-03-2008, 02:02 PM
Let me count thy wounds

blasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to blasphemous_prime Send a message via Yahoo to blasphemous_prime Send a message via Skype™ to blasphemous_prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by dzuchowski View Post
i place the roms on my 8 gb transflash, music, videos, setup programs for my mogul, pictures, and 8gb is not enough, i want something like 500gb or more. I go by the old adage that you can never ever under anycircumstances have enough storage capacity. I also extend this to system ram as well. I have a laptop with 4gb and i want more i want 8gb or 16gb since my system resources is at 52% so i can get that down to 27% with 8gb and with 16gb it would be 13.5% and if i had 32gb it would be 6.75 and with 64gb it would be 3.35% and with 128gb it would be 1.68% and with 256gb it would be .84% so you can see why i want tons and tons of ram and storage. to me ram and storage are like a womens chest they can never be big enough, the bigger the better.
if you have a laptop, a 1TB external harddrive is just about good enough. they're available somewhere, but if you wanna satisfy your hunger for more capacity, feel free to go nuts and buy more than one.

also, there's bigger micro sdhc cards on the way, but we just have to look out for them. lol

and i like that punchline in the end BTW...
Old 06-05-2008, 09:49 AM
Banned User

dzuchowski is becoming a great contributor
Talking Re: 12 - 16 GB MicroSD cards.. When?

Quote:
Originally Posted by blasphemous_prime View Post
if you have a laptop, a 1TB external harddrive is just about good enough. they're available somewhere, but if you wanna satisfy your hunger for more capacity, feel free to go nuts and buy more than one.

also, there's bigger micro sdhc cards on the way, but we just have to look out for them. lol

and i like that punchline in the end BTW...
I would love to hook up a portable western digital passport drive to it via the sd card of the mini usb port put is there a program that will do that?
Old 06-05-2008, 09:56 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro & Mogul

tsperez is keeping up the good worktsperez is keeping up the good worktsperez is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue4shizzle View Post
so why would we need a sd card with that much data anyway? what are you putting on there? i used to want to get a 4 gig sd card, but ive had this touch since it came out and im barely halfway full with the 1 gig card i got.. an i store EVERYTHING.. so my q is why would you need 12-16 gigs for!?!
I would say some people need or want to store pictures, music, and maps on their phone. And there is even movies to consider!

To name a few...
tsp
PS: "Normal" data takes very little space.
Old 06-05-2008, 10:01 AM
b00nsquad
Pocket PC: Touch PRO 2
Carrier: Sprint SERO

boggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsperez View Post
I would say some people need or want to store pictures, music, and maps on their phone. And there is even movies to consider!

To name a few...
tsp
PS: "Normal" data takes very little space.
Ya, times are changing ... that's for sure. A guy waiting for a ride the other day was watching either a movie or tv show on some phone ... I didn't want to intrude so I left him to enjoy his phone ... ppc ... media center ?

Best regards,
-boggsie
Old 06-05-2008, 10:10 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro & Mogul

tsperez is keeping up the good worktsperez is keeping up the good worktsperez is keeping up the good work

All this talk about the microSD use brings up a question that I have...
I've got about 35GB of music on an iPod that I sync to my PC via iTunes. I used to use AnaPod but iTunes is a better fit for iPods (although not as flexable imo).
Can, and if yes, how, can I put some of these songs on my Mogul phone? Most of the iTunes stuff is now acc I think. I currently have about 100 songs on my SD card that I had on my computer before the iPod. These are in MP3 format.
TIA,
tsp
Old 06-06-2008, 11:25 AM
Let me count thy wounds

Quote:
Originally Posted by dzuchowski View Post
I would love to hook up a portable western digital passport drive to it via the sd card of the mini usb port put is there a program that will do that?
maybe not, but there's an alternative solution... imma get me 2 alienware laptops fully equipped with a total of 3TBs of storage between them. that's tons of storage and then some, so imma be good for a long time after i get these.
Old 06-06-2008, 12:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TYTN II
Carrier: AIRTEL

babudpoa is a n00b

hey,
higher capcaity cards may be available in SDHC cards, are your mobiles are not compatible with those?
Old 06-06-2008, 12:44 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV6700/XV6800
Carrier: Verizon Wireless (Currently contract free!)

TJPChicago is a n00b

If you really need that much capacity, take a look at Seagate's D.A.V.E (
http://www.seagate.com/www/en-us/pro...ctronics/DAVE/). Connect your PDA through Bluetooth/WiFi and instantly have access to 60GB of data.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions