PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2008, 11:44 PM
outback

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Direct Push Technology (Activesync)

Is there any way to get this to only request a sync if new mail arrives? Normally it requests an activesync if there are 'any' changes made to the exchange mailbox.

Basically I interact quite a bit with outlook at work throughout the day, but I'm in/out of the office quite a bit. It seems that it is always doing an activesync which ties up the line and all my calls go directly to voicemail.

My current carrier is US Cellular, on a 1X network if it matters.

Is this normally how it works? Tieing up the phone line during activesync?

Any help would be appreciated!
Old 05-05-2008, 07:14 AM
Bringer of Good Things
Pocket PC: HTC TITAN
Carrier: AT&T

GoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Direct Push Technology (Activesync)

I would recommend changing your sync schedule to every 30/60 minutes instead of immediate. I work the same way at my job, and I've found this to be a viable compromise.

That said, the sync should always stop when a phone call is active.The data connections drops automatically when a call is placed or comes in. If this is not the case, you may have other issues to contend with.
Old 05-05-2008, 09:46 AM
outback

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

I will continue to monitor this closely, it seemd that incoming calls were not kicking my data connection off. Basically even if I were using PIE and my wife called, it sent her directly to my voice mail. I tested this with her sitting beside me. That's another issue that is basically the same thing as the activesync using the data connection.
Old 05-05-2008, 12:06 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: iPhone 6+
Carrier: AT&T

JackSchitt28 is keeping up the good workJackSchitt28 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

i think this has something to do with you being in 1X coverage area. it handles data differently.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions