PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2008, 07:59 PM
The Pusher Man
Pocket PC: BB
Carrier: Sprint - Simply Everything

Lsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
New Sprint PRL

New Sprint PRL #60711.
Sprint EvDO w/ Data Triangle:
http://www.corolada.com/prl/
Old 02-19-2008, 12:08 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Galaxy S2 Skyrocket!!
Carrier: AT&T

hotbyz168 is becoming a great contributor
Re: New Sprint PRL

Any one know y it jumped from 60611 to 60711 instead of 60612 or something?
Old 02-19-2008, 02:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

armorforsleep is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to armorforsleep

I updated to the newest, and forcing roam still causes the phone to lock up, have to soft reset. When it reboots, it is roaming with 1x and there is NO data triangle...another bogus PRL from Sprint....
Old 02-19-2008, 03:07 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: PPC6800 Mogul

TopGun2000 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsme420 View Post
New Sprint PRL #60711.
Sprint EvDO w/ Data Triangle:
http://www.corolada.com/prl/
I tried. Didn't notice any difference from 60611. Seems okay to me.
Old 02-19-2008, 03:26 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: MS 950XL
Carrier: AT&T & Digicel

92GTA is becoming a PPCGeeks regular92GTA is becoming a PPCGeeks regular92GTA is becoming a PPCGeeks regular92GTA is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Works fine for me but I have slower data speeds...
Audiovox 9000>Moto V60>MotoT720>LG5350>Sam I330>Hit G1000>PPC-6600>PPC-6800>PPC-6850>PPC-T7380>HTC-T7575>HTC-PI86100
Old 02-19-2008, 03:49 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO3D
Carrier: Sprint 4g Dallas

dallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I put in this afternoon when I saw in on other site. new prl helped . Went from 22-25 kbs at office to 131-151 kbs. Pages are flashing when visit sites. I read that this prl was for data cards on other site and he updated to his phone with no problems.
Old 02-19-2008, 03:59 PM
The Pusher Man
Threadstarter

Lsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92GTA View Post
Works fine for me but I have slower data speeds...
PRL change is not the cause of your slow web unless you are in roam. This is a quote off the interweb....
"The PRL is a list of information that resides in the memory of a digital phone. It lists the frequency bands the phone can use in various parts of the country. (The smaller bands within Cellular or PCS.) The part of the list for each area is ordered by the bands the phone should try to use first. For example, say you had a Sprint PCS phone, and were travelling in an area with no Sprint coverage, weak Verizon coverage, and strong Qwest coverage. The PRL would tell the phone to look for towers using Sprint's band for that area. Finding none, it might tell the phone to search for towers in Verizon's band next, perhaps because Sprint's roaming agreement with Qwest was not as favorable, or none existed. The phone would use Verizon's towers, as dictated by the PRL, even though Qwest might provide a better signal."

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallas contractor View Post
Pages are flashing when visit sites.
What do you mean? Again not a PRL issue I would assume.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallas contractor View Post
I read that this prl was for data cards on other site and he updated to his phone with no problems.
What?

I have this PRL in my Touch and 6800. I don't notice any difference in my area. Some PRLs only affect you if you live in that affected area where the change happened. ex If you live in Cherry Hill, N.J and the roaming list changed in Barstow, CA You would never see a difference.

Last edited by Lsme420; 02-19-2008 at 04:12 PM.
Old 02-19-2008, 05:03 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

jason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

would it do me any good to go to this PRL? I live in NW Ohio.
Old 02-19-2008, 05:22 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Galaxy S2 Skyrocket!!
Carrier: AT&T

hotbyz168 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsme420 View Post
PRL change is not the cause of your slow web unless you are in roam. This is a quote off the interweb....
"The PRL is a list of information that resides in the memory of a digital phone. It lists the frequency bands the phone can use in various parts of the country. (The smaller bands within Cellular or PCS.) The part of the list for each area is ordered by the bands the phone should try to use first. For example, say you had a Sprint PCS phone, and were travelling in an area with no Sprint coverage, weak Verizon coverage, and strong Qwest coverage. The PRL would tell the phone to look for towers using Sprint's band for that area. Finding none, it might tell the phone to search for towers in Verizon's band next, perhaps because Sprint's roaming agreement with Qwest was not as favorable, or none existed. The phone would use Verizon's towers, as dictated by the PRL, even though Qwest might provide a better signal."

What do you mean? Again not a PRL issue I would assume.

What?

I have this PRL in my Touch and 6800. I don't notice any difference in my area. Some PRLs only affect you if you live in that affected area where the change happened. ex If you live in Cherry Hill, N.J and the roaming list changed in Barstow, CA You would never see a difference.

On Sprint's website it states that this prl is for their aircard's...one of the newest but i'm not sure which one. It says that it has something to do with gps...I'll try to find it again, also I read somewhere that this prl also has to do with updating the EVDO towers...Not sure why, but it was something i had read.

Here's the link to sprint's website http://www4.sprint.com/pcsbusiness/s...?softwareId=95

Last edited by hotbyz168; 02-19-2008 at 05:27 PM.
Old 02-19-2008, 08:09 PM
The Pusher Man
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotbyz168 View Post
On Sprint's website it states that this prl is for their aircard's...one of the newest but i'm not sure which one. It says that it has something to do with gps...I'll try to find it again, also I read somewhere that this prl also has to do with updating the EVDO towers...Not sure why, but it was something i had read.

Here's the link to sprint's website http://www4.sprint.com/pcsbusiness/s...?softwareId=95
I think what that is saying is that the 60711 PRL is also in the SCM_3.10.014.msi firmware update for the Datacards that link is to. Datacards work off the same towers if I'm not mistaken. Sprint is always late on the PRLs they put out but the link above says nothing to me about my phones. A few different PPC forums are talking about this. Lots of people are running it with no ill effects.The last PRL# at www.sprint.com/downloads -- Windows Mobile (ce) Mogul by HTC Software Update was 60608 thats a long time ago 03/30/2007.........................
Software Version: 2.17.651.0
Radio Version: 1.47.01
PRL Version: 60608....
I run...
Software Version: 3.16.651.0
Radio Version: 3.27.00
PRL Version: 60711....

Last edited by Lsme420; 02-19-2008 at 08:21 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions