PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-19-2010, 04:36 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Sprint

MCnDaHouse is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
How to activate a TP2 w/energy rom on sprint?

I bought a HTC Touch Pro 2 that has the energy rom installed.

I did the online activation with Sprint. However I cannot key in the numbers they gave me. They tell me to:
  1. Tap Start.
  2. Tap Settings.
  3. Tap All Settings.
  4. On the System tab, scroll down and tap Update Profile.
There is no "All Settings" under settings. I cannot find an update profile anywhere. They also said try ##6digitcode# from the dial pad. However that does nothing.

Help!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-19-2010, 04:55 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Re: How to activate a TP2 w/energy rom on sprint?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCnDaHouse View Post
I bought a HTC Touch Pro 2 that has the energy rom installed.

I did the online activation with Sprint. However I cannot key in the numbers they gave me. They tell me to:
  1. Tap Start.
  2. Tap Settings.
  3. Tap All Settings.
  4. On the System tab, scroll down and tap Update Profile.
There is no "All Settings" under settings. I cannot find an update profile anywhere. They also said try ##6digitcode# from the dial pad. However that does nothing.

Help!
try this sir.
Attached Files
File Type: cab Sprint_UpdateProfile_&_PRL_icons.cab (543.8 KB, 202 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 10-19-2010, 04:59 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

MCnDaHouse is a n00b

I am a noob with this stuff. I am assuming that file has to be transferred to the phone? I'll need to get a data cable. So all I do is copy that to the windows/system folder?

Thanks,

MC
Old 10-19-2010, 05:05 PM
acs tester

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
I am a noob with this stuff. I am assuming that file has to be transferred to the phone? I'll need to get a data cable. So all I do is copy that to the windows/system folder?

Thanks,

MC
its just a cab so transfer from pc to ppc and tap on the cab that will ask where you wanna install and choose main mem then softreset.
Old 10-19-2010, 05:42 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

MCnDaHouse is a n00b

Anyone know if the data cable for the touch pro will work with the touch pro 2? I have access to one of those. Thanks.
Old 10-19-2010, 06:09 PM
acs tester

Quote:
Anyone know if the data cable for the touch pro will work with the touch pro 2? I have access to one of those. Thanks.
yes sir, neither are micro like most new ones now.
Old 10-19-2010, 07:59 PM
Chillin' with my Geeks!
Pocket PC: Epic 4G & Iphone is my toy :)
Carrier: Sprint/PPCGeeks

GirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

you can also email the cab file to your phone, click the file from the email and it will install to phone

If you wanna make the world a better place take a look at yourself and then make a change ~Michael Jackson
Old 10-19-2010, 09:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3Dâ„¢

Unknownforce knows their stuffUnknownforce knows their stuffUnknownforce knows their stuffUnknownforce knows their stuffUnknownforce knows their stuffUnknownforce knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Courtney1985 View Post
you can also email the cab file to your phone, click the file from the email and it will install to phone
This assumes the phone is activated already since you can't get e-mail on the phone until you activate it on some data network to get that e-mail.... lol

Anyways, I sold him the phone, and I know I included the cable. Not sure why he's trying to use another one? lol

Anyways, you guys forgot to mention that you need activesync or Windows Device Center to connect the phone... Once you have that installed, the phone will show up in My Computer, you just go through that and place it somewhere there, then unplug the phone, and use one of the file browsing softwares on that phone to open it. (There should be a file explorer or something in the tools folder in the start menu)

BTW, MC, you can disregard my PM's and just do what I said here..

Phone: Sprint HTC EVO 3D
ROM: Synergy Nightly with Own Mods
"If you have the stereo on, why would you turn up the volume on the TV?" 'Cause I like to party
Old 10-19-2010, 11:22 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

MCnDaHouse is a n00b

Hey, unknown, the only cable I got with the phone was the charging cable. Oh wait, I guess if you disconnect from the wall box it works as a data cable? wow, what will they think of next, lol.

Thanks for the info and help. I'll try to get the software I need and do the cab update.

MC
Old 10-19-2010, 11:31 PM
acs tester

Quote:
Hey, unknown, the only cable I got with the phone was the charging cable. Oh wait, I guess if you disconnect from the wall box it works as a data cable? wow, what will they think of next, lol.

Thanks for the info and help. I'll try to get the software I need and do the cab update.

MC
thats funny as hell, goodluck

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions