PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2006, 08:08 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: DIAMOND
Carrier: SPRINT

Hayabusa1300cc is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
ahh thats great, I have the fair and flexible 1400mins plan and I believe they told me roaming was included, I will call to make sure.

I guess now I can take my phone off SPRINT ONLY now it I have roaming included. Thanks
Old 12-05-2006, 11:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

xclusiv_1 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to xclusiv_1
so no one has the physical prl file so others can update manually?
Old 12-06-2006, 12:13 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon & Bravo
Carrier: Sprint & AT&T PAYG

budney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to budney
I finally got my email from Sprint saying to call *2 to update my PRL, and of course it isn't initiating the update. It's going straight to my amount due.

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...1249020923.gif http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...1249020658.gif
Old 12-06-2006, 12:29 AM
Founder & Owner
Pocket PC: iPhone XS Max

Wideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Wideawake
nall it should go to the update after it gives u ur total or mine did and Im at work now with 5 bars on Alltel service and still no connecting to there EVDO urrr I think I may call Sprint (like that will help )
~mike

Old 12-06-2006, 01:25 AM
Founder & Owner

Wideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Well I called Sprint, got a real nice guy in tech support, says that EVDO roaming isnt possible and I explained of the accounts reported here and he looked into it. He came to the conclusion that maybe it has to do something with Alltels EVDO service in my area. Which Im not sure of, but Im gonna get another user to try it since he leaves in the same town as me. Maybe its just my phone. I noticed that when I called *2 again it updated my prl again. So I tried it, it connects just fine, arrows light up when I try to access a page, and grey when it stops trying to locate. But it doesnt go to the page, it merely complains that the page cannot be found. Im gonna play with the settings and see if I cant get something to work. Somethings gotta give.

@sheureka ur phone says Ev on it right? And your roaming on Alltel and it goes to pages no problem eh? Maybe it is the Alltel towers in my area, but I wouldnt think so as EVDO has been available through Alltel for awhile. You running the newest ROM? Anything special? Did you change ur DNS servers? Just wondering, I think Im gonna hard reset and see if that fixes it.

Update: Well a hard reset didnt do anything special. I still get the page not found error, even tho it trys to retieve the page urrr looks like its not meant for me to have EVDO which really ticks me off.

~Mike
Old 12-06-2006, 08:05 AM
Founder & Owner

yet another update, I can't even do data roaming on 1x anymore! I think I'm gonna roll my prl back.....at least that way I have data services while roaming. oh and I'm starting a poll in the general discussion area, those that updated their prl and can or cannot do data roaming please vote, I wanna know if its just me, my area, or what.
~mike
Old 12-06-2006, 08:24 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: T-Mobile NL --> KPN soon

SpeedDemon is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to SpeedDemon
I posted in the poll. But I have no use for the updates as I am not on CDMA....
Old 12-06-2006, 09:47 AM
Founder & Owner

another update a fellow ppcgeek from where I'm from updated his and can access pages while on evdo with no errors. So its my phone I take it. I will be reflashing the rom and reupdating the prl to see if this fixs my issues.
~Mike
Old 12-06-2006, 11:59 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Hrmmm so thats what happened to me like a couple weeks back ..

I would call *2 and they would update .

But then they did it like 5-6 times ..

The phone beeped and it said programming or something ..

But I didnt see any difference with anything ..

So should I go ahead and get this PRL update?

I <3 Android
Old 12-06-2006, 12:15 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Yeah I will update when I leave my school [no connection in school]

I have PRL 20224

Time to update

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions