PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2010, 02:44 PM
Its FLASHING time!!!
Pocket PC: Evo & TP2
Carrier: SPCS

vin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Com5 where are you?

The best WIN MO SYS developing branch discontinued?
23569 is still the best in 6.5.x development and its HTC branch from what I heard.It is stable since october 2009!!!
So what happened?
Is there a conflict between M$ and HTC?
May be we should write petition to M$ or something? lol

Last edited by vin255764; 08-02-2010 at 03:01 PM.
This post has been thanked 6 times.
Old 08-02-2010, 07:58 PM
Android Convert
Pocket PC: Epic 4g
Carrier: Sprint

1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to 1999TL
Re: Com5 where are you?

I wish they would continue this branch. But I guess 23569 has been working fine.
Old 08-02-2010, 08:37 PM
DroidX_ZombieStomped
Pocket PC: DroidX
Carrier: Verizon

yearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to yearn

what build does the fathon use?
Isnt it the only CDMA 6.5.x?

If I helped you out,Hit the THANKS
Old 08-02-2010, 08:50 PM
VIP n00b
Pocket PC: LG Fathom

da_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I just got one a week ago - it is 6.5.x... 6.5.3 I believe. Running 23103. On a side note, when did they get the WMP controls functioning on the lock screen?

BTW - I love how fluid it is. This snapdragon processor rocks!
Old 08-02-2010, 08:58 PM
DroidX_ZombieStomped

yearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by da_reeseboy View Post
I just got one a week ago - it is 6.5.x... 6.5.3 I believe. Running 23103. On a side note, when did they get the WMP controls functioning on the lock screen?

REESE!!
Where you been?
The fathom looks an awful lot like a Touch Pro.
Bet its a hellova lot faster tho, lol!
Also, I didnt know WMP worked on the lockscreen, cept for maybe CHT.
Old 08-02-2010, 09:41 PM
VIP n00b

da_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I quit flashing my phone when I realized it was locking up for hours after I would reset it - it got annoying. Now I have the Fathom because I got it free with a 2 year contract. From what I understand, with LG phones a hardSPL is not needed, just a complete stock rom. So I am waiting for an update to show up on LG's website.

How've you been?
Old 08-03-2010, 08:54 PM
DroidX_ZombieStomped

Quote:
I quit flashing my phone when I realized it was locking up for hours after I would reset it - it got annoying. Now I have the Fathom because I got it free with a 2 year contract. From what I understand, with LG phones a hardSPL is not needed, just a complete stock rom. So I am waiting for an update to show up on LG's website.

How've you been?
Great! Havent seen you around much since I moved on from the diamond, wasnt sure if you was still cooking or not.
Iv watched a few videos on the Fathom. I really wasnt to impressed with the theme but it seemed to work pretty good and really fast.
I dont know a single person personally that has it and Iv never seen it in a VZW store.
I think all the droids have overshadowed WM completly.
Old 08-05-2010, 06:09 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: verizon

eatbuckshot is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by yearn View Post
Iv watched a few videos on the Fathom. I really wasnt to impressed with the theme but it seemed to work pretty good and really fast.
I dont know a single person personally that has it and Iv never seen it in a VZW store.
I think all the droids have overshadowed WM completly.
Quote:

First i'll mention this stuff before having to read the rest that I figured out GPS: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=126677 while spending a long time how to customize and config the phone, i'm still looking for how to disable startup sound (besides muting before restart), threaded messaging, reduce height of menu buttons and email list item height, shift over titlebar icons and text so it can show the full date and time (i have it set to show both), show day of week on lock screen, maybe just a better email client

Anyways yeah lg pretty much just left winmo 6.5.3 bare on it. Although it's a bit time consuming, i'd rather just take the snapdragon and customize my own shell or something than to have it come with a suboptimal cpu. That 1ghz cpu is what windows mobile needed to be nice again.

As a result from all my experiences, I'm glad I know I'll be satisfied with this phone solely because of the processor. I actually didn't even know the phone existed until about last week I went to the Verizon store to look at phone upgrades and in the service half of the store away from where all the other phone displays are there was the lg fathom kind of stuffed away in the corner. I saw that it was windows mobile and thought it would just be slow and unresponsive like most are. But just for kicks I decided to use it anyways and Wow I'm glad I did. Everything was amazingly smooth and responsive. I've simply never seen winmo fly through everything instantaneously before. So I decided on getting it.

Though my decision was also helped by the fact that I found the LG fathom being sold by Amazon Wireless for $0.01 as a penny phone. The only other contender available was the Motorola Droid at $0.01. It would have otherwise been hard to justify $150 at VZW for a phone with practically all the same features as the tp2 (except ultra super fast processor) when there's the palm pre, droid x, incredible, and buy one get one free droid(for another member of the family) for the same price.

This phone would only really appeal to a select few - those power users(like us!) comfortable with winmo already being able to customize and use all the well developed software suites, and perhaps a few business users. But really when has winmo appealed to any other users, most probably don't even know it exists, or if they did, they'd hear that it's bad, unfortunately. So with just some advertising and controlled development android has pooled up the remaining users.

Timing was a little bad on this release, I would have loved to have had this 2 years ago so I didn't have to be frustrated with this TP2, don't get me wrong, it has nice hardware, but that qualcomm's msm7x00 was too slow(and even when i overclocked it to 768mhz, barely any improvement). I found it ridiculous that my xv6700 outperforms it in responsiveness(granted i could overclock the xscale to 600mhz, ram to 150mhz, bus to 300mhz with the ram and the bus speeds helping a whole lot), but even still the xv6600 running winmo 2003 was pretty much the fastest (probably due to it running in ram). I thought that speeds could only get better from then, but all the devices dominated by qualcomms fail SoC in the next 5 years were just slower, much slower. So I've been frustrated with winmo up to this point in it's lack of responsiveness, which could be the software fault or the hardware's fault. In those past years I just said to myself until phones become 1 ghz windows mobile will be too slow too use(basing on scaling from what i saw with the 600mhz xscale, of course there's more factors going into a processor than just speed) 5 years later I now have a fast enough phone

Last edited by eatbuckshot; 08-05-2010 at 06:11 AM.
Old 08-07-2010, 11:19 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: RHOD400
Carrier: Sprint

ai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to ai6908

Time to move on VIN...there is no more COM5!! LOL

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions