PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-27-2010, 06:13 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

lemeiux1 is keeping up the good worklemeiux1 is keeping up the good worklemeiux1 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Upgrading with SERO

Ok so my little diamond has served me very well and I still love it, but I am thinking about upgrading. Unfortunately I'm a sero user and that means I have VERY limited options on upgrades since I cant have an android phone. So my question is do you think its worth it to upgrade to a touch pro 2 over my diamond? Or can anyone recommend a phone that I will be able to activate on my sero 500?

thanks guys
Old 06-27-2010, 06:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

monkeygod is keeping up the good workmonkeygod is keeping up the good workmonkeygod is keeping up the good work
Re: Upgrading with SERO

TP2 is pretty much the best smartphone option for Sero. The rest of the phone is pretty much meh at best. If i was you and the diamond still worked, I would hold out a bit longer to see if the tp2 is dropping in price. Seemed like it is with Verizon so hopefully, sprint will follow soon. They are however quite slow with their price drop compared to other carriers.
Old 06-27-2010, 08:50 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic with Cyanogenmod 7

jamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Do you have insurance? If so I would wait to see what phone sprint comes out with in the fall. You might be able to find a great deal on a touch pro 2 on craigslist and if their is something wrong with the phone and it has a clean esn number your insurance will cover your but. Also if you wait longer maybe just maybe sprint might come out with another sero phone but I highly doubt it.

Please don't forget to thank me.
Old 06-27-2010, 11:30 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

lemeiux1 is keeping up the good worklemeiux1 is keeping up the good worklemeiux1 is keeping up the good work

yeah I am pretty sure they will not be coming out with another sero phone that is comparable. So I guess this is more about if its worth it to get a touch pro 2 over my diamond.

Has anyone upgraded from a diamond before?
Old 06-28-2010, 09:38 AM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Wirelessly posted (Touch Diamond: Opera/9.7 (WindowsMobile; PPC; Opera Mobi/35267; U; en; Presto/2.1.1))

It its basically the same hardware inside.
Old 06-28-2010, 12:37 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

lazyboy0172 is keeping up the good worklazyboy0172 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to lazyboy0172 Send a message via MSN to lazyboy0172

It's a tough call. I eventually pulled the trigger and got the Evo and got off of my sero. It was devastating, but I'm happy with my phone. I had a diamond for a while, and accidentally dropped and broke it in february. i got a touch pro 2 at that point because even with insurance it was $100 to replace and a touch pro 2 on ebay was only $200. anyway, I enjoyed my touch pro 2, but ended up deciding to upgrade my plan. Ultimately it's up to you, how long can you go without a new phone? because the TP2 is likely the last phone to use sero because android phones cannot, and most likely windows phone 7 will not either. I liked my touch pro 2, but looking back I wish my diamond didnt break lol because it wasn't worth the money to me. If you liked your diamond and just want something new to play with, the TP2 will do you good and let you hang on to sero a bit longer, but ultimately it is just a dimaond's innards with a new fancy coat and you'll realize that after a month or so of playing with it. Sense 2.5 natively made for the phone was nice though, can't argue with that.
Old 06-28-2010, 03:55 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazyboy0172 View Post
It's a tough call. I eventually pulled the trigger and got the Evo and got off of my sero. It was devastating, but I'm happy with my phone. I had a diamond for a while, and accidentally dropped and broke it in february. i got a touch pro 2 at that point because even with insurance it was $100 to replace and a touch pro 2 on ebay was only $200. anyway, I enjoyed my touch pro 2, but ended up deciding to upgrade my plan. Ultimately it's up to you, how long can you go without a new phone? because the TP2 is likely the last phone to use sero because android phones cannot, and most likely windows phone 7 will not either. I liked my touch pro 2, but looking back I wish my diamond didnt break lol because it wasn't worth the money to me. If you liked your diamond and just want something new to play with, the TP2 will do you good and let you hang on to sero a bit longer, but ultimately it is just a dimaond's innards with a new fancy coat and you'll realize that after a month or so of playing with it. Sense 2.5 natively made for the phone was nice though, can't argue with that.
Thanks for the insight lazyboy that helped. I'm leaning towards upgrading because while it may be the same inside, I think I'll be fine with that since I dont really have too many complaints about my diamond and the way it runs. Also, it has some things that I dont currently have with my diamond like a 3.5 mm headphone jack, expansion slot, bigger screen, keyboard, and vibrate since mine broke on my diamond, etc.

thanks guys and anymore advice would be appreciated

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions