PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2010, 01:21 PM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid
hd2 running windows phone 7 for real??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJCFd...layer_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJJz_...layer_embedded

my ass is getting an HD2...

hopefully it's not phake, cuz if it is then I r sad

Last edited by orangekid; 04-26-2010 at 01:24 PM.
Old 04-26-2010, 01:26 PM
Threadstarter

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid
Re: hd2 running windows phone 7 for real??

Here's the htcpedia thread of the guy supposedly doing some porting

http://htcpedia.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2381&page=1
Old 04-26-2010, 01:40 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

i'm still not sold on the hd2(tmo) not getting the upgrade (or downgrade lol).
Old 04-26-2010, 03:18 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive
Carrier: Sprint

nanoware is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnanoware is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnanoware is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnanoware is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnanoware is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

guys i have been told by a tmobile service center high level enployee that the hd2 will indeed get a windows phone 7 upgrade in the future. He also told me it will be a custom 7 button version for t-mobiles specific version of the hd2. Now before the trolls come out from hiding to start talking shit to me, stop while your at it, i have no reason to lie, im just passing on info i was told.

peace peeps
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 04-26-2010, 03:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint TP2

rjc02648 is a n00b

I heard those were all fake screenshots.
Old 04-26-2010, 03:34 PM
The EVO Guru
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

brownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanoware View Post
guys i have been told by a tmobile service center high level enployee that the hd2 will indeed get a windows phone 7 upgrade in the future. He also told me it will be a custom 7 button version for t-mobiles specific version of the hd2. Now before the trolls come out from hiding to start talking shit to me, stop while your at it, i have no reason to lie, im just passing on info i was told.

peace peeps
Hasnt it already been confirmed that the HD2 will NOT be getting an upgrade to wm7?
Old 04-26-2010, 04:12 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive

nanoware is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnanoware is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnanoware is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnanoware is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnanoware is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownhornet View Post
Hasnt it already been confirmed that the HD2 will NOT be getting an upgrade to wm7?
you might be right, but I or the person who told me have no reason to make things up.

microsoft is always changing their story and things here and their. perhaps they are now considering it. and yea i heard about the HD2 not having a built in hardware scaler issue blah blah blah.

but guys this is microsoft.

there is a reason why they decided to use the "windows phone 7 series" name initially. they probably had multiple versions planned like it had been rumored blah blah blah

then they change to windows phone 7

my point, things change all the time.

just like radio talk show hosts, they can say 1 thing 1 year and the next be against it, and people accuse them of being hypocrites, but people fail to realize that we are only human and we are and creatures of hypocrisy and habit

/end of rant
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-26-2010, 04:51 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic 4G

testacon is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartestacon is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartestacon is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanoware View Post
you might be right, but I or the person who told me have no reason to make things up.

microsoft is always changing their story and things here and their. perhaps they are now considering it. and yea i heard about the HD2 not having a built in hardware scaler issue blah blah blah.

but guys this is microsoft.

there is a reason why they decided to use the "windows phone 7 series" name initially. they probably had multiple versions planned like it had been rumored blah blah blah

then they change to windows phone 7

my point, things change all the time.

just like radio talk show hosts, they can say 1 thing 1 year and the next be against it, and people accuse them of being hypocrites, but people fail to realize that we are only human and we are and creatures of hypocrisy and habit

/end of rant
To make a sale and trap you in a 2 year plan doesn't sound like a good reason?

The only way that phone will get WP7 is if XDA makes it so...

But agreed time will tell.
Old 04-26-2010, 06:51 PM
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.8820 View Post
i'm still not sold on the hd2(tmo) not getting the upgrade (or downgrade lol).

indeed, even if there is no official upgrade there will be an unofficial port.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-04-2010, 07:31 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: T-Mobile NL --> KPN soon

SpeedDemon is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to SpeedDemon

The HD2 will not get updated to WP7 according to HTC and Microsoft.

The WP7 port is indeed a fake. The main issue with WP7 is not roms itself because they can cook them up. They are missing the boot files to boot WP7. If and when they get those the port will be done easily. Seeing as the HD2 has the hardware needed for WP7.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions