PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2010, 05:53 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

wcs533 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Set up email

I use outlook 2007 on my computer for my windows live email I have been trying to set up the email on my phone but I can't get it to send and recieve. Anyone have this problem already?
Old 03-27-2010, 06:35 PM
Chillin' with my Geeks!
Pocket PC: Epic 4G & Iphone is my toy :)
Carrier: Sprint/PPCGeeks

GirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Re: Set up email

No problems setting up mine. What steps are you taking to set up your email and maybe I could help you more.

For now I can say before setting up Outlook on your phone, obtain the domain and server name from your system administrator, and find out whether a secure connection (SSL) is required.

Steps to take following:

1. On the Home screen, slide to the Mail tab.
  2. If this is your first time to set up an email account on your phone, tap New Account. Otherwise, tap Menu > Accounts > New Account.
  3. On the subsequent screen, tap Microsoft Exchange.
  4. Enter your email address (for example, myname@acme.com) and your password.
  5. Tap Next.
  6. If you are asked to enter domain and server details, do so and then tap Next.
  7. On the Synchronize Data screen, clear the check boxes of any information types you do not want to sync with the Exchange Server. For example, if you only want to keep personal tasks on your phone, not your work tasks, then clear the Tasks check box.
  8. Tap Done. Your phone then syncs the chosen information types with the Exchange Server.
If you want to change any settings for your work Outlook account, tap Start > ActiveSync > Menu, and select from the available options.

If you wanna make the world a better place take a look at yourself and then make a change ~Michael Jackson
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-29-2010, 11:59 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic 4G/U301 USB Card
Carrier: Sprint

gprimr1 is becoming a great contributor

For Windows Live you need to use either the POP3 settings for Windows Live Hotmail or use the Windows Live for Mobile client.

I recommend the Windows Live for Mobile client since it does 2 way sync and includes contacts support.

Active sync does not work for Windows Live.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-30-2010, 07:41 PM
Chillin' with my Geeks!
Pocket PC: Epic 4G & Iphone is my toy :)
Carrier: Sprint/PPCGeeks

GirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

haha, I totally skipped the windows live part! Thanks and hopefully they figured it out by now
Old 04-09-2010, 04:17 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

wcs533 is a n00b

Thanks for the help. I got it to work now. I am used to Palm OS so Windows Mobile will take some time to get used to.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions