PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2010, 02:55 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible
Carrier: Verizon

Weapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
radio bricked device?

ok someone I know apparently flashed a GSM radio to a CDMA device...yeah big no, no. Anyway his device wont turn on at all. Obvioulsy this isnt normal, but does that mean its bricked?

DavidinCT "I was going to say something like......So I bumped into your girl and noticed the cheeze...then she said she was happy to find a real man....but, I just cant"
Old 03-06-2010, 02:59 AM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Re: radio bricked device?

i think you can stick a fork in it. i've read quite a few of these here and at xda and haven't seen any fix yet.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-06-2010, 03:00 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Weapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.8820 View Post
i think you can stick a fork in it. i've read quite a few of these here and at xda and haven't seen any fix yet.
sounds good.
lol @ stick a fork in it.
Old 03-06-2010, 03:22 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Galaxy S4 and Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint(03/09-Now), T-Mobile(06/06-now)

pesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuff

if its under a year(check with particular device but most HTC carry 1 year waranty) since it was first activated(not purchased but activated) then just bring it to store and they will fix/issue new one. Most likely without noticing it was unlocked since they will just probably give you another device

When you can tether for free?: D
Old 03-06-2010, 11:11 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pesok View Post
if its under a year(check with particular device but most HTC carry 1 year waranty) since it was first activated(not purchased but activated) then just bring it to store and they will fix/issue new one. Most likely without noticing it was unlocked since they will just probably give you another device
Only downside with that, is he got it second hand off of a friend so I dont think they replace it...unless im wrong.
Old 03-08-2010, 08:58 AM
Mr. Chevy
Pocket PC: Kaiser, XV6800, Ozone, & TP2
Carrier: Linearly polarized plane waves in LTE modulation

drewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

They can replace it even if he got it second hand. All HTC devices should have a 1 year warranty. Does he have insurance on his account? If so then a free replacement is guaranteed.
Old 03-08-2010, 07:17 PM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

has he tried removing the battery for like an hour then replacing it and trying to turn it back on? does "it won't turn on" literally mean it won't even power on at all?
Old 03-09-2010, 09:16 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: VZW

Rhodium500 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRhodium500 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRhodium500 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

If he flashed a gsm radio the device will never tunr on until someone figure out how to JTAG the bootloader and radio.
Old 03-11-2010, 07:25 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangekid View Post
has he tried removing the battery for like an hour then replacing it and trying to turn it back on? does "it won't turn on" literally mean it won't even power on at all?
that is correct it wont power on at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodium500 View Post
If he flashed a gsm radio the device will never tunr on until someone figure out how to JTAG the bootloader and radio.
I was afraid of that. Ill let him know and let you know what else happens
Old 07-28-2010, 11:40 PM
bvc
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: us cellular

bvc is a n00b

I have the same problem... installed wrong radio... nothing to do about it... can't even go back to USC with it because I'm not their customer anymore... hopefully somebody will figure out how to boot it ...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions