PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2010, 02:42 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

cocochannel is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Good bye windows mobile

Ive been with WinMo for Years.

I had the Treo, Apache, Mogul, Diamond, Touch Pro, Touch Pro 2. So I feel a little big guilty leaving but i found BETTER.... The PALM PRE! WinMo feels like middle age comparing to WebOS. Sorry but thats the truth. At the beginning I was reluctant but once I got use with all their patching and stuff its really good!

sorry Mircrosoft yuo took too long to get your shit together. Maybe Ill be back next year if WinMo 7 is worth it. But for now Ill stic with the best.

No more being frustrated.

Ill miss u all
Old 01-20-2010, 07:17 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Sprint (the devil)

amd4me is keeping up the good workamd4me is keeping up the good work
Re: Good bye windows mobile

There are lots of choices out there for non widnows solutions. And sadly Microflop has not been competitive. Thats why Android, Blackberry and Palm are doing so well.
Old 01-20-2010, 10:41 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

alex jb is keeping up the good workalex jb is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Skype™ to alex jb

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocochannel View Post
Ive been with WinMo for Years.

I had the Treo, Apache, Mogul, Diamond, Touch Pro, Touch Pro 2. So I feel a little big guilty leaving but i found BETTER.... The PALM PRE! WinMo feels like middle age comparing to WebOS. Sorry but thats the truth. At the beginning I was reluctant but once I got use with all their patching and stuff its really good!

sorry Mircrosoft yuo took too long to get your shit together. Maybe Ill be back next year if WinMo 7 is worth it. But for now Ill stic with the best.

No more being frustrated.

Ill miss u all
MS are lucky that even mobile device lovers (geeks ) are creatures of habit...

I have frustrations with Win Mob too, but I know it and I think back to the switch from a palm tungsten and a nokia phone to my I-mate Jam and I felt like a tech kindergarten newbie!

Enjoy your Pre, but keep you eye out for WM7 on some new fast device
Old 01-20-2010, 10:42 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC INC.
Carrier: VERIZON <--?

spiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Yahoo to spiritcrusher33

exactly.. I think alot of people are getting just plain tired of wm..or rather just bored..like me.. loved webos.. but needs better hardware.. BB well thats fine for people like my wife.. who message and such all day long,,lol

Me im enjoying the hero atm.. its build solid.. fits nice in hand.. and does everything i need it to.. Plus plenty of hacks and such now.. thats its almost as fun as wm used to be as far as making it my own.. on top of that.. I have extended battery options..

I never buy anything smartphone wise unless there is a extended battery option.. I hate being tied to the charger.. but the hero's battery life is great.. so unless im gone for 12 hours straight..right now dont see the need for it...

but i like options.. and the hero has plenty right now.. thats another reason i didnt stick with the moment...not enough options..and its a samsung.lol
Old 01-24-2010, 04:47 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

mjh8812 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to mjh8812

the pres great until you have an issue with it...its one of the phones thats given sprint users the most problems. I could see if you switched to android but id MUCH rather have my touch pro 2 than the Pre..I like being able to actually back stuff up and not have Palm controlling everything i do to my operating system thanks
Old 01-24-2010, 02:21 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic Touch 4G

Imaginos knows their stuffImaginos knows their stuffImaginos knows their stuffImaginos knows their stuffImaginos knows their stuffImaginos knows their stuff
Send a message via ICQ to Imaginos

Really love my TP and TP2. Once the Droid ports are looking a little better, I think an OS swap will be in order.
Old 01-24-2010, 07:44 PM
The EVO Guru
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

brownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

You arent alone... just grabbed a 3gs 32 gig myself.. got bored with winmo. Will probably keep the tp2 active until whenever that sprint android phone comes out later this year.
Old 01-26-2010, 12:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

Tim Smith is keeping up the good workTim Smith is keeping up the good work

I think now is the bad time to panic/jump ship. Just wait to see what happens with 7 before you make your choice. It would suck to jump ship and then 7 ends up being awesome and having to either wait for your contract to run out or pay the fee to come back to a 7 phone.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions