PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2009, 12:55 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

yusoweird is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to yusoweird
I almost murdered my phone.

I think I almost murdered my phone by using a non-shielded USB cable during rom update. Good thing for the great bootloader. It was able to retry without a problem with a shield USB cable. Almost scared myself to death. Just posting this as a heads up to those who have some non-shielded USB cable around... If I were updating the bootloader itself, I think it would be game over...

Last edited by yusoweird; 12-21-2009 at 12:58 PM.
Old 12-21-2009, 01:49 PM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid
Re: I almost murdered my phone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yusoweird View Post
I think I almost murdered my phone by using a non-shielded USB cable during rom update. Good thing for the great bootloader. It was able to retry without a problem with a shield USB cable. Almost scared myself to death. Just posting this as a heads up to those who have some non-shielded USB cable around... If I were updating the bootloader itself, I think it would be game over...

I doubt the DA would have been able to convict you on more than involuntary manslaughter.
Old 12-21-2009, 02:01 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro/Touch Diamond/BlackBerry Tour 9630

basilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

HTC's Legal Forces will be shorlty swooping down on the OP.
Old 12-21-2009, 03:01 PM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

yeah there's still the matter of PPC Protective Services taking custody of the victim because after that act of neglect the future safety of the device is in dire straits and the ability to provide a safe environment is dubious at best.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-21-2009, 03:03 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evotastic

scheel78 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularscheel78 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularscheel78 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularscheel78 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Yes the proper authorities have been contacted. You have been warned.
Old 12-21-2009, 04:30 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro/Touch Diamond/BlackBerry Tour 9630

basilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I phoned my local law enforcement as well. I don't want to be an accessory to such a heinous and disturbing crime.
Old 12-21-2009, 08:18 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Fuze
Carrier: ATT

k_semler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark_semler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark_semler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark_semler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark_semler is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to k_semler Send a message via MSN to k_semler Send a message via Yahoo to k_semler Send a message via Skype™ to k_semler

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangekid View Post
I doubt the DA would have been able to convict you on more than involuntary manslaughter.
Considering "he" didn't die, and it wasn't an intentional act, the most that would be applipicable to the situation is Criminal Negligence in the First Degree. Even if "he" had died, it would be Manslaughter in the Second Degree.
Baseband: UCKJ3
Kernel: 2.6.35.7 - I997RUXG3-CL366622 user@netbook #Infusion-GB-CoreA
Old 12-21-2009, 09:42 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch 6900

Superman187 is a n00b

YOU SIR ARE GOING DOWN!!! The feds are on their way!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-23-2009, 03:19 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Fuze
Carrier: ATT

k_semler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark_semler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark_semler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark_semler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark_semler is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to k_semler Send a message via MSN to k_semler Send a message via Yahoo to k_semler Send a message via Skype™ to k_semler

lol that was great.
Old 12-23-2009, 03:35 AM
Google-Search&Rescue Div.
Pocket PC: MoPho CM9/ MotoACTV / GTab 10.1(I/O LE)
Carrier: PPCGeeks/XDA

MoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to MoonZ*BabysH Send a message via Skype™ to MoonZ*BabysH

you guys made me LOLz

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions