PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: PPC-6700 or Treo 700wx?
PPC-6700 40 66.67%
Treo 700wx 20 33.33%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2006, 05:46 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: iPhone
Carrier: AT&T

storyr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonin66
Same here, i was really thinkin about the wx but i keep findin different stuff to do with this phone. bigger screen, wifi built in. what can I say, it grows on me! :P
Like a tumor
Old 11-03-2006, 12:19 AM
Charles
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

cac9478 is keeping up the good workcac9478 is keeping up the good work
Definitly the 6700. Bigger Screen, Bigger Keyboard, and More Features, even though it is a little slower than the 700wx.
Old 11-03-2006, 04:25 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: DROID
Carrier: EVIL V

EDGE23 is just getting started
Send a message via MSN to EDGE23
6700, I just like bigger screen and wifi.
samsung 680, a700, 920, legendary 9k, a900, 6700, treo 700wx, 6800, 6700, 6800(collecting dust), as of 01/09/08 htc touch, and 5/24/08 finally the blackberry curve, 10/15/08 touch pro, 4/30/09 boring blackberry curve again.
12/04/09 DROID.
WM, HTC, and BB can go to hell now.
Old 11-03-2006, 05:56 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Snake2582 is a n00b
The reason why I posted this is because i'm torn between the two devices. I have absolutely no idea which one to get

I know the 6700 has lackluster speaker performance, but there is a hack to make it louder. Only the 6700 has Video AND Picture Mail right now, but it says that Wideawake is working with a member of SU to get Video mail on the WX. Ughh, this is hard.
Old 11-03-2006, 08:40 PM
The Voice of Reason
Pocket PC: PPC 6700/Touch Diamond/Touch Pro

Big D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
I own both and have spent a lot of time with both PPC's here is my evaluation. The 700wx hasn't really left my side since I got it. I thought it was just because it was new, but its not. I tried curring the 6700 the other day because I had made some changes that I wanted to test. Large screen, nice key board I was falling in live all over again. Than I started surfing the net, slow downs and it froze on me. I haven't froze the 700wx in a long time. Really the 700wx never freezes the only time that it has is if I am ruining some software that is a beta or not made for the Treo. I miss some things about the 6700 but there is on way I can go back and be satisfied. The only way that I can explain it is that the 700wx just works better. If you have time and want a fun PPC to play with and experiment with that has all the power you need go 6700. If you need a PPC that works smooth and gets the job done flawlessly go 700wx.
“It is from numberless diverse acts of courage and belief that human history is shaped. Each time a man stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope.”

Robert Kennedy

Ha y'all come visit me at WMExperts some time.
Old 11-03-2006, 10:07 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon & Bravo
Carrier: Sprint & AT&T PAYG

budney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to budney
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big D5
I own both and have spent a lot of time with both PPC's here is my evaluation. The 700wx hasn't really left my side since I got it. I thought it was just because it was new, but its not. I tried curring the 6700 the other day because I had made some changes that I wanted to test. Large screen, nice key board I was falling in live all over again. Than I started surfing the net, slow downs and it froze on me. I haven't froze the 700wx in a long time. Really the 700wx never freezes the only time that it has is if I am ruining some software that is a beta or not made for the Treo. I miss some things about the 6700 but there is on way I can go back and be satisfied. The only way that I can explain it is that the 700wx just works better. If you have time and want a fun PPC to play with and experiment with that has all the power you need go 6700. If you need a PPC that works smooth and gets the job done flawlessly go 700wx.
Very well put.
Old 11-03-2006, 10:20 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Snake2582 is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big D5
Everyday i'm leaning more and more towards the 6700, but when I read about the poor battery life, I get pushed towards the 700wx. Is the battery life really that poor? I currently have an LG Fusic and this phone has pretty good battery life.

I really don't care about the size, but little things on the 6700 like the bigger screen, better keypad (i have big fingers and when i tested the Treo's keypad in the store, it felt cumbersome to use), and camera flash make me want the 6700 more.

Also, in the store the 6700 felt a bit faster than the 700wx which was quite odd. I know display phones usually get hammered, but there were no programs running on either phones.

Another thing is that there is a girl who sits near me in class and she has the vx6700. I have a feeling that if I get the 700wx, i'm going to walk into class and see her vx6700, i'm going to have buyers remorse and wish I got the 6700. I know the vx6700 is with Verizon, but they're the same phone.

I never knew choosing a PPC would be this hard. Maybe i'm just making this hard myself.
Old 11-03-2006, 10:42 PM
The Voice of Reason
Pocket PC: PPC 6700/Touch Diamond/Touch Pro

Big D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Sound to me like you need an adventure, than go get the 6700. That PPC will be the best for you to learn how it all works. True the battery life can be a problem so just save a little money and get an extra oem battery. Stay away from the extended life battery its a brick. There are lots of free app to check out and changing things around will impress your friends. Sounds to me like you have plenty of time to deal with the little quirky things that come with the 6700. For me the 700wx just works better and dose have a great battery life. For me in the business world I don't need any hickups. The flawless performance of the Treo is what I need. Don't get me wrong the 6700 works very well with few problems and it might be all the changes i make to my 6700 that cause some of the hickups but I do the same thing with the 700wx and no hickups so far. All of this is of corse is IMHO, hope that helps.
Old 11-04-2006, 01:16 AM
Moderator/WMExperts Staff
Pocket PC: Pure, TP2, Snap, Ozone, Intrepid,Treo Pro

Malatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
I cant say much as Budney and Big D5 put it so well

Both are fun devices. The 6700 was great when it was the only device in town, but the 700wx just works better for me.

re: the keyboard on the 700

Yeah it feels tiny and tough to type on and even an experienced Treo 650 user like myself had some adjustment time.

You get used to it quite fast. I love the quick access, being able to respond to an SMS or IM so quickly.

I do have to say though, the "flash" on the 6700: totally worthless. Well, not totally as it makes a great flashlight. But for pics? Bah! It's awful. I had better experience using CoolCamera by ATEKSoft and their "night mode" then I ever did with the "flash" on the 6700.

Either way, I consider the 700wx camera superior. Not by much, but just enough.

Pic Taken with my 700wx. This is my car.*

*This is a total lie. It was some random car in the area. Notice the "handicap" sign in the window though.
Old 11-04-2006, 01:22 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

Snake2582 is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malatesta
I cant say much as Budney and Big D5 put it so well

Both are fun devices. The 6700 was great when it was the only device in town, but the 700wx just works better for me.

re: the keyboard on the 700

Yeah it feels tiny and tough to type on and even an experienced Treo 650 user like myself had some adjustment time.

You get used to it quite fast. I love the quick access, being able to respond to an SMS or IM so quickly.

I do have to say though, the "flash" on the 6700: totally worthless. Well, not totally as it makes a great flashlight. But for pics? Bah! It's awful. I had better experience using CoolCamera by ATEKSoft and their "night mode" then I ever did with the "flash" on the 6700.

Either way, I consider the 700wx camera superior. Not by much, but just enough.

Pic Taken with my 700wx. This is my car.*

*This is a total lie. It was some random car in the area. Notice the "handicap" sign in the window though.
Nice pic.
Well, since you've used both, how would you rate them both as phones i.e. making calls, ear-piece quality, speakerphone quality etc.
I'm seriously considering the 700wx but the one thing that's bugging me is the screen size. Maletesta, what are your experiences with the size of both screens? Thanks for all you guy's help!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions