PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > iPhone > General iPhone Discussions
Register Community Search

Notices

User Tag List

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2009, 04:00 PM
MikeElGiga23

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: WOW the iphone is fast!

This whole talk about iphone sucking is rubbish, its an awesome device for certain needs. Maybe not yours but that doesn't make it any less of a good device. I have used a 3gs and its fast, smooth and stable. Not something I'd say about winmo but I wouldn't get one for several reasons... Multitasking (I mean real multitasking, not a cheap and buggy attempt like backgrounder) openness ( usb drive, web downloading capabilitied, file management etc.) keyboard (always a plus) and some other things...

Although I loved the iphones gui, smoothness and ease of use, on the other hand I hated winmo for those same reasons cuz its just too outdated

All in all, I got me a pre and I'm happy I did. It feels like the iphone ease and user friendliness fuzed with winmos openness and feature capabilities (once developments continues, it will be a monster)
Old 07-27-2009, 04:01 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by syanni85 View Post
check your pm
its always good when syanni sends you a pm. lol
Old 07-27-2009, 04:06 PM
That guy with the axe
Pocket PC: MotoDroid
Carrier: Verizon

breakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

LMAO @ syanni85's sig, I just noticed it and thats hilarious. Your girlfriend has quite a sense of humor

My primary waste of time and money http://www.cardomain.com/id/FireDiverZ28
Old 07-27-2009, 04:08 PM
Flat-Out-Addicted
Pocket PC: Nexus S 4G
Carrier: Sprint

syanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by breakmyfootoff View Post
LMAO @ syanni85's sig, I just noticed it and thats hilarious. Your girlfriend has quite a sense of humor
lol yeah, one of the selected few times she's been humorous about my addiction to this place... i'm sure you know how the rest goes

If I helped ya or If you like my work, I don't want donations, I don't want coffee, but a simple THANKS
would do the trick!
Old 07-27-2009, 04:14 PM
That guy with the axe
Pocket PC: MotoDroid
Carrier: Verizon

breakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by syanni85 View Post
lol yeah, one of the selected few times she's been humorous about my addiction to this place... i'm sure you know how the rest goes
I know exactly what you mean, my wife refers to herself as a tech widow because she lost her husband to gadgets lol.
Old 07-27-2009, 04:16 PM
Flat-Out-Addicted

syanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
from your sig: Nice Z man, nice list of ups! I had a 97 Z 30th Black/Black convertible with a lil work... It chirped 3rd (auto trans)... this was 7 years ago tho.. that thing was a beast, i LOVE the LT-1 motor...

again, very nice ride!

ok, back on track... iphone, BJ, HJ, & ZJ...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-27-2009, 04:16 PM
Flat-Out-Addicted

Quote:
I know exactly what you mean, my wife refers to herself as a tech widow because she lost her husband to gadgets lol.
that is damn funny lol
Old 07-27-2009, 04:19 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: iphone
Carrier: AT&T

drift365 is keeping up the good workdrift365 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to drift365

hey syanni i sent you a pm. Thats the first time i saw it. I also heard a few other people talking about it.
Old 07-27-2009, 06:54 PM
╚════════════════╝
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 & HTC Hero

jethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to jethro_static

Quote:
You are the one who doesnt make any sense. I answered every point in your post, then you edited it after I was gone and added some more, I didnt dodge anything. I dont bother answering some of your questions because they are redundant and have already been answered in previous posts lol. You keep repeating the same message only using different terminology. As far as your question of Vogue vs. iphone, that too has already been answered. Like I posted before, I have the "antiquated Vogue" which repeatedly outperforms the iphones of 2 of the guys I work with. The iphone was available when I purchased the Vogue, so yes I did choose the vogue over the iphone, it was the smart choice. Think what you want of me, but in the end, I'm one of those guys that you have to call to come save your butt when you cant handle it anymore.
I can't recall any point U made. I see U have a hard time understanding posts. I ask U if I will give U sprint vogue. U cannot use that on alltel unless U beg people here to help U port the phone. I'm sorry but I gotta laugh. LMAO!

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=15833021835
Old 07-27-2009, 07:14 PM
╚════════════════╝
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 & HTC Hero

jethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to jethro_static

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
Eer, because it's dead & you want to put in a fresh one??

I agree with a lot of your statements, but for a pretty smart guy how can you ask something this stupid??

My boss switched our corporate account (48 phones) from Verizon to ATT a while back because his Wife wanted an iphone (he claimed the service was cheaper, but I see the bills & it is definitely NOT cheaper). When he made the switch, he got himself an iphone too.

About one week later, I saw him talking on a BB & asked him what happened to the iphone?? He told me he had to return it because he couldn't make it through a full work day on one charge of the battery (he gets a TON of calls everyday) & since it wasn't removeable there was no way to throw in a spare fully charged batt (like I do with my TP).........

~John
Oh man Oh man. The guy that I ask the question dodge that stupid question coz he knows what's coming. And now, U raise ur hand and stepped forward to answer the stupid question. "bcoz the battery is dead!" I'm sorry I gotta laugh hard on this. LMFAO! That is like telling the truth to ur bestfreinds girlfriend without knowing that ur bestfriend is gonna be in trouble. HAHAHA.
JUst the answer that I wanted to hear. Seems like U admit that a removable battery's purpose is for a dead battery. SO U expect the battery to die and Ur fine with it. If verizon sells U a TP2 with a crappy battery, Will it be OK to U coz U can replace it?
These are the only reason why a manufacturer would put a removable battery.
1. The battery will die b4 the phone does.
2. To have a spare coz the main battery is not enough to power the phone.
3. a larger capacity to replace the original battery.
That 3 reasons sounds like the manufacturer will throw any crappy battery in there and make U replace it? does that sound like an advantage? It sounds like U got ripped off.
What we need is a good battery enough to power the device on anything that's been thrown to it. I don't care if they seal the phone or not. As long as the battery performs well. Apple seems confident. They seal the Iphone so U don't need to replace it. If the battery fails and U have an insurance, They will replace the phone. Asurion will not replace ur phone if Ur battery died. They will tell U to buy a new battery.lol.
In an event like ur boss's situation that he needs more power for the masive calls, Don't U know that there is a juice pack for Iphones? It comes in all variety shape and sizes. some even acts like a case protector as well as an extra battery.
About ur boss, Did he replace the Iphone with a BB coz BB has a better battery life Or bcoz it has a removable battery? Is that the reason he switched? Or the real reason is bcoz BB's are the no. 1 business tool?

Next post is about the fish story of our "I hate Iphone folks"
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > iPhone > General iPhone Discussions