PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   General iPhone Discussions (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=197)
-   -   WOW the iphone is fast! (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=76161)

fixxxer2012 07-24-2009 05:02 PM

WOW the iphone is fast!

i was playing with an iphone at an apple store the other day and man is that one fast phone. the touch response is instantaneous compared to winmo. why can't our ppc's be that way too? my next phone, i hate to say may be an iphone!

has anybody even tried to extract the iphone rom off the device and post to a winmo phone at all?

navymarvin 07-24-2009 05:09 PM

Re: WOW the iphone is fast!

My friend im surprise no one slammed you yet but somebody probably will. so get ready for ... well why dont you just get an iphone, iphone aint all what its cracked up to be, its only visual and a million other comparisons of winmo to iphone so get ready. i say just go with what makes YOU happy. good luck.

kabuk1 07-24-2009 06:02 PM

Why would you even post this? We hate iPhones & don't wanna hear about them. They're nothing but pretty icons & hype. It's fast because its locked down & uncustomizable. You can make a WM phone just as fast as an iPhone & twice as pretty, its not hard. My TP has pretty much instantaneous response too. I'll take WM over an iTurd any day.

hibby50 07-24-2009 06:03 PM

http://communities.vmware.com/servle...cake-bunny.jpg

Genjinaro 07-24-2009 06:07 PM

That bunny is fast without 3Gs... Had one run past me on my way to the train, who knew they ran (rocket hopped?) so damn quick...

jmorton10 07-24-2009 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fixxxer2008 (Post 1057976)

has anybody even tried to extract the iphone rom off the device and post to a winmo phone at all?

Even if that was possible, it wouldn't be the same because half of what makes an iphone so responsive is the capacitive screen which WinMo phones do not support yet.

I have thre TP's & I love them, but I love my ipod touch just as much & if I could get an iphone to work on Verizon service I would buy one tomorrow.

I tether my touch daily to my TP with WMWifirouter as I MUCH prefer to use the ipod with its awesome screen & safari browser for everyday inet surfing (the ipod email client is 50 times better than WinMo also).

~John

kabuk1 07-24-2009 07:02 PM

To each his own, but I tried safari & hated it. When it wasnt crashing upon opening, it was slow & you have to zoom & scroll like crazy. Ugh.

Genjinaro 07-24-2009 07:02 PM

LOL I gotta love the adjusting ADs in the thread, just noticed they are showing iPhone 3G related things.

Chris347101 07-24-2009 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kabuk1 (Post 1058070)
Why would you even post this? We hate iPhones & don't wanna hear about them. They're nothing but pretty icons & hype. It's fast because its locked down & uncustomizable. You can make a WM phone just as fast as an iPhone & twice as pretty, its not hard. My TP has pretty much instantaneous response too. I'll take WM over an iTurd any day.

I was just wondering how or what i have to due to make my phone just as fast as an iPhone

ether post here or simply PM me..

Thanks Alot Chris

Journeyjeans 07-24-2009 07:19 PM

Not true (The part about the responsiveness being due to the capacitative screen) I was the owner of a Palm M100, Palm 3c, and Palm Treo. (Girlfriend has Centro), and let me tell you, fast as lightening. Like the iPhone. This leads me to believe that HTC just uses crap touch panels. Seriously.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmorton10 (Post 1058109)
Even if that was possible, it wouldn't be the same because half of what makes an iphone so responsive is the capacitive screen which WinMo phones do not support yet.

I have thre TP's & I love them, but I love my ipod touch just as much & if I could get an iphone to work on Verizon service I would buy one tomorrow.

I tether my touch daily to my TP with WMWifirouter as I MUCH prefer to use the ipod with its awesome screen & safari browser for everyday inet surfing (the ipod email client is 50 times better than WinMo also).

~John