PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > iPhone > General iPhone Discussions
Register Community Search

Notices

User Tag List

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-26-2009, 07:36 AM
Mobileunderground.info
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

bikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to bikeandestroyx Send a message via MSN to bikeandestroyx
Re: Jailbreaking

Quote:
Originally Posted by skruff77 View Post
ya i have been wanting to jailbreaking my ipod touch 2g.
i just jailbroke my touch 2g with os 3.0, and it is so much better now! i customized the sh!t out of it. I have working snes, nes, gba, psx and genesis emulators running smoothly, quake, doom, wolfenstein, soulseek, torrents and filebrowsers. It is so cool! I hate to say it, but i love my ipod touch much more than i thought i would, although the os isnt as smooth/stable as i thought it would be judging from all of the hype.
ipod touch and touch pro, perfect combination right there
Old 06-26-2009, 10:14 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

Negrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikeandestroyx View Post
i just jailbroke my touch 2g with os 3.0, and it is so much better now! i customized the sh!t out of it. I have working snes, nes, gba, psx and genesis emulators running smoothly, quake, doom, wolfenstein, soulseek, torrents and filebrowsers. It is so cool! I hate to say it, but i love my ipod touch much more than i thought i would, although the os isnt as smooth/stable as i thought it would be judging from all of the hype.
ipod touch and touch pro, perfect combination right there
Im willing to bet its the jailbreak stuff making it unstable. My iPod touch 2g is jailbroken on 3.0 as well and its constantly crashing. Its nothing a quick 'respring' wont fix, but still i need those precious three seconds. lol.
Old 06-27-2009, 03:50 AM
Mobileunderground.info

bikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to bikeandestroyx Send a message via MSN to bikeandestroyx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Negrito View Post
Im willing to bet its the jailbreak stuff making it unstable. My iPod touch 2g is jailbroken on 3.0 as well and its constantly crashing. Its nothing a quick 'respring' wont fix, but still i need those precious three seconds. lol.
your probably right, i have it lock up/crash on me pretty often. What did you use to jailbreak it with? maybe os 3.0 isnt very stable either?
Old 06-27-2009, 04:40 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro2 CDMA
Carrier: Alltel (Verizon)

codybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIP

Quote:
your probably right, i have it lock up/crash on me pretty often. What did you use to jailbreak it with? maybe os 3.0 isnt very stable either?
knowing apple,
they probably have a code somewhere that makes it crash every now and then if jailbroken. lol.
Wouldn't put it past them....
Old 06-27-2009, 04:48 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint 4G Network

Deimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Yea.. i upgraded the firmware on Ipod Touch 1G to OS 3.0 then jailbroke it got all those nice apps and emulators, did experience not as stable or smooth transitions, so i did a Settings/Reset/Reset all settings and Data to start fresh.

Its been frozen at the White Apple Logo of Death for as long as it has battery, only way to get it off is holding the buttons on it. Itunes wont recognize it as a device or hardware either in this Boot state.

any advice?

edit :: nevermind. Connect to pc with usb. hold power and home till it resets. release power. until it reaches DFU mode (bricked Recovery mode) and it connects to itunes to restore

Last edited by Deimoss; 06-27-2009 at 05:00 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-27-2009, 05:18 AM
VIP Member

codybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deimoss View Post
Yea.. i upgraded the firmware on Ipod Touch 1G to OS 3.0 then jailbroke it got all those nice apps and emulators, did experience not as stable or smooth transitions, so i did a Settings/Reset/Reset all settings and Data to start fresh.

Its been frozen at the White Apple Logo of Death for as long as it has battery, only way to get it off is holding the buttons on it. Itunes wont recognize it as a device or hardware either in this Boot state.

any advice?

edit :: nevermind. Connect to pc with usb. hold power and home till it resets. release power. until it reaches DFU mode (bricked Recovery mode) and it connects to itunes to restore
glad you got it fixed. and thanks for posting how you fixed it.
most people do not post that,
and just never go back to their post or ignore it.
It's really helpful to others if you do post the fix like you did.
Thanks again as I didn't even know how to get it in that mode and I use to work for apple. hahahah.
Old 06-27-2009, 05:21 AM
Mobileunderground.info

haha i had that happen also, you have no idea how long it took me to figure that out.. i was searching all day, trying all sorts of button combos and finally found out how too
Old 06-27-2009, 05:48 AM
VIP Member

lol, well I knew the combo to get it into diagnostic mode on the ipod itself and from there you could have it do all kinds of tests and what not. but I just didn't know about the one from the computer.... I could have helped alot of people when they called into apple. haha. they neglected to tell me that bit of info. haha..

My favorite though was when people would call us about their stolen ipods and expect us to be able to input the ipod serial number into our database and make that ipod a brick. I mean really, who puts that much effort/time/resources into a product they sell?
Old 06-27-2009, 05:55 AM
Mobileunderground.info

Quote:
Originally Posted by codybear View Post
lol, well I knew the combo to get it into diagnostic mode on the ipod itself and from there you could have it do all kinds of tests and what not. but I just didn't know about the one from the computer.... I could have helped alot of people when they called into apple. haha. they neglected to tell me that bit of info. haha..

My favorite though was when people would call us about their stolen ipods and expect us to be able to input the ipod serial number into our database and make that ipod a brick. I mean really, who puts that much effort/time/resources into a product they sell?
whats the combo for diagnostic mode?
haha that would be impossible to do on ipods besides the touch/phone
and it would seem like a waste of time and money on apples part.
your almost a vip lol two more posts
Old 06-27-2009, 06:00 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
whats the combo for diagnostic mode?
haha that would be impossible to do on ipods besides the touch/phone
and it would seem like a waste of time and money on apples part.
your almost a vip lol two more posts
I know it. I'm waiting for vip before I go to bed. hahah
taht way when I wake up, I'll be a very important person. woot!

here's a link that tells you it for all the generations:
http://www.methodshop.com/gadgets/ip...de/index.shtml
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > iPhone > General iPhone Discussions