PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > iPhone > General iPhone Discussions

Notices

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2011, 04:40 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Evo 4g
Carrier: sprint

teedmon09 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to teedmon09 Send a message via Yahoo to teedmon09
Lightbulb verizon iphone 4 music

sorry for the noob question but i was wondering if anyone can tell me how to transfer my music from my phone to my laptop also i am not jail broken can someone please help me need to update my os but dont wanna lose everything
Old 11-06-2011, 05:07 PM
#1 troll!
Pocket PC: Moto G5 Plus
Carrier: AT&T aka deathstar

fixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.7; en-us; Incredible 2 Build/GRI40; liquid.vivow.20111101.14572 AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

I believe itunes does a backup then restore after the update.

Old 11-06-2011, 05:46 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Evo 4g
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

teedmon09 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to teedmon09 Send a message via Yahoo to teedmon09
Re: verizon iphone 4 music

yes it does but only things you downloaded from itunes so that isnt going to work for me
Old 11-07-2011, 06:23 AM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak
Re: verizon iphone 4 music

Quote:
Originally Posted by teedmon09 View Post
sorry for the noob question but i was wondering if anyone can tell me how to transfer my music from my phone to my laptop also i am not jail broken can someone please help me need to update my os but dont wanna lose everything
So if I am understanding you correctly, you have two issues:
  1. Transfer music on your iPhone to laptop.
  2. You want to update the iOS but not lose your music, apps, settings, etc.

The first one is easy enough. As long as you use the same Apple ID in iTunes, you can sync your iPhone with up to five computers. So, using the same Apple ID as you did when you loaded the music on your iPhone, sync with the laptop and it should automatically sync your music to the laptop. If not, make sure that the option to have iTunes manage your music on your iPhone is synced under the Music tab of your device, and you should be good to go.

The second one is just as easy, but requires a little more information to ensure that we don't miss anything. What version of iOS are you running now? Do you have documents on the iPhone that you want to save? Are all of your apps purchased from the App Store and do you have the Apple ID information for those purchases? If you don't have documents to save from the iPhone, you bought all of the apps and know the Apple ID associated with those purchases, than it is a very straight forward upgrade.

Just sync your iPhone with iTunes and let it download and install the update. If you are not prompted for an update, you can perform a manual check for software upgrades on the summary tab of your device. iTunes will then perform a backup automatically of your iPhone including all apps and associated apps settings/data, as well as your device settings, contacts, etc. Then, after the upgrade is complete, iTunes will automatically restore your iPhone apps and settings.

If I made any wrong assumptions, or you need anything further, let me know and I'll reply back with more detail. Good luck.

PPCGeeks > iPhone > General iPhone Discussions