PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > iPhone > General iPhone Discussions

Notices

User Tag List

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2010, 09:38 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: iphone
Carrier: AT&T

drift365 is keeping up the good workdrift365 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to drift365
Most recent encounter with the Apple store

For the first time, I was unhappy with the service. The first person I spoke to was rude, and said things like "Dude, that blows." Not the most intelligent sounding "genius." So I got the phone replaced (yet again. i have awful luck with these) when I got it home and went to sync it, it wouldnt let me restore from the backup. Why? Because the new phone has an older version of iOS than the backup. So, apple gave me a phone with an old version of the operating system. Thought that was interesting.
Matt
Old 10-14-2010, 08:37 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note
Carrier: ATT

NIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Re: Most recent encounter with the Apple store

Quote:
Originally Posted by drift365 View Post
For the first time, I was unhappy with the service. The first person I spoke to was rude, and said things like "Dude, that blows." Not the most intelligent sounding "genius." So I got the phone replaced (yet again. i have awful luck with these) when I got it home and went to sync it, it wouldnt let me restore from the backup. Why? Because the new phone has an older version of iOS than the backup. So, apple gave me a phone with an old version of the operating system. Thought that was interesting.
Matt
Exactly what are you doing to these phones that's messing them up so bad? Just put a case on it and don't treat it like a baseball and you should be fine. The phones are very well build and should last a long time if you treat it right.
Old 10-14-2010, 08:19 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: iphone
Threadstarter

drift365 is keeping up the good workdrift365 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to drift365

I do keep it in a case. Once was legitimately my fault, but the rest of them i was told "Yea that happens to some of them." The past two have been a problem with the vibrate switch.
Old 10-24-2010, 10:02 AM
morsus mihi
Pocket PC: iPhone 4

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by drift365 View Post
Why? Because the new phone has an older version of iOS than the backup. So, apple gave me a phone with an old version of the operating system. Thought that was interesting.
Matt
This is normal. Set up as new device (give it a unique name, like TEMP), update to latest os, then restore your backup.
Old 10-24-2010, 11:13 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G
Carrier: T-Mobile

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2; en-us; MSM Build/MASTER) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Dude, that sucks isn't part of the Apple lexicon?
Old 12-24-2010, 03:33 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: P
Carrier: PN

laxiboyce is a n00b

Their "Overview" section of the Apple product release does not mention that the MacBook Pros with a lot of these things. This adapter comes with the MacBook Pro, because it can be. But one needs to buy a new one, as mentioned for other models it is compatible with the MacBook Pro should be clearly stated.

PPCGeeks > iPhone > General iPhone Discussions