PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > iPhone > General iPhone Discussions

Notices

User Tag List

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-04-2010, 09:07 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV-6700,XV-6800, Iphone 3GS-32gig, 4S 64gig, 5
Carrier: Verizon - ATT

sdruid is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to sdruid Send a message via MSN to sdruid Send a message via Yahoo to sdruid Send a message via Skype™ to sdruid
Angry How to save multiple backups of phone programming ?

I have an iphone 3GS 32gig 4.0 that is not jailbroken as of yet, and just recently acquired this phone after starting out with Verizon "windows mobile phones".
With my Verizon phones, I would jailbreak them, program them and install the softwares that I wanted, and then be able to save multiple different backups in a folder which I could restore later if my phone developed problems or if I just wanted to go back to a certain date or certain softwares that I had installed on the phone.
Is there any way to do this on the iphone and if so what software do I use to accomplish this with ?
Old 07-06-2010, 08:21 AM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid
Re: How to save multiple backups of phone programming ?

this thread will show you how to "back up" your firmware version with the baseband in case you accidentally update and need to downgrade again. Do it before the update because Apple will stop signing the OS 4.0 as valid.

Everything else is basically have a backup of your music, pics, etc.. on your computer by sync thru itunes or getting into your file-system while jailbroken using this thread in the "SSH" section.

If you ever find yourself needing to "reflash stock" you just download the iOS 4 IPSW file found in the above thread and restore it using itunes, just hold shift and click "restore" locate your IPSW and you will reflash the stock iOS 4 OS, then you can jailbreak again, etc..

note currently there is no JB for iOS 4.0 on the iPhone 3GS.
Old 07-06-2010, 09:22 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV-6700,XV-6800, Iphone 3GS-32gig, 4S 64gig, 5
Carrier: Verizon - ATT
Threadstarter

sdruid is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to sdruid Send a message via MSN to sdruid Send a message via Yahoo to sdruid Send a message via Skype™ to sdruid
Red face Re: How to save multiple backups of phone programming ?

Thanks for the info but I was referring to info on how to backup my whole phone to a file or folder like the people do when they are about to jailbreak your phone, in case something goes wrong....
Anyway, the info you mentioned only refers to the ipad and not the iphone...
Old 07-07-2010, 08:53 AM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid
Re: How to save multiple backups of phone programming ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdruid View Post
Thanks for the info but I was referring to info on how to backup my whole phone to a file or folder like the people do when they are about to jailbreak your phone, in case something goes wrong....
Anyway, the info you mentioned only refers to the ipad and not the iphone...
It was an iPhone AND iPad, I cloned his post because it refers to both devices, but I just fixed it to say "iPhone"

the only thing you do to "save your whole phone" is backup your pics, phone numbers, music, and apps in iTunes, OR you can jailbreak it, then save all the folders when you have root access when you SSH into your phone here.

Remember an iPhone is almost impossible to brick so any time you screw up anything you can just flash the original IPSW on it and restore your stuff from iTunes or the folders your saved.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > iPhone > General iPhone Discussions