PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > iPhone > General iPhone Discussions

Notices

User Tag List

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-23-2010, 02:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Focus
Carrier: At&t

nite732 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to nite732 Send a message via Yahoo to nite732 Send a message via Skype™ to nite732
Radio Shack

My buddy is a manager at radio shack and just told me they were not getting any iphone 4 shipments and that they are not even calling customers who pre-ordered with them to tell them. That,s cold call and check your orders!!!!!!!
Old 06-23-2010, 02:03 PM
BIGGZZ - VIP -
Pocket PC: Dell Streak
Carrier: AT&T

Biggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Radio Shack

Quote:
Originally Posted by nite732 View Post
My buddy is a manager at radio shack and just told me they were not getting any iphone 4 shipments and that they are not even calling customers who pre-ordered with them to tell them. That,s cold call and check your orders!!!!!!!
Yeah, I talked to a guy at RS and he said most stores would not even get their pre-orders.
Old 06-23-2010, 02:07 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note
Carrier: ATT

NIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

This is all stupid Apples fault. They knew this phone would be a hot seller because of its new look and also because ATT was letting people upgrade sooner. They should've produced much more of this phone at launch instead of pissing off many people. I have a feeling this phone is going to have the same shortages like when the WII first came out and went on all the way to Christmas.
Old 06-23-2010, 02:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Focus
Carrier: At&t
Threadstarter

nite732 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via MSN to nite732 Send a message via Yahoo to nite732 Send a message via Skype™ to nite732

You think apple was a little scared that they didn't want to do to many.
Old 06-30-2010, 02:19 AM
Chewy tha Monkey Hunta
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D & (Girl's) HTC Inspire "4G"
Carrier: Sprint

jbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on rep

for shipments it depends on the store. first the warehouse has to actually have them (doubt they do) and then there's store priority so just because his store isn't getting any soon doesn't mean other aren't. also, we have no guarantees as to when they'll be available so the store associates/managers shouldn't (and were instructed not to) be making any promises about delivery

secondly, you didn't actually pre-order anything. you didn't put anything down (and if you did you need to call that store's district manager and complain because corporate specifically said not to) so you're not actually owed anything. what was processed was a "customer interest request" which is no guarantee you'll get any, my store processed 5 pins and we didn't receive any and there are no plans for my store to receive them.
no as for customers not being contacted, that's just bad business (i'd be getting people in and selling them as quickly as possible) but they're not required to make phone calls because we didn't actually take preorders, now you can call and bug your local store all you want, but i wouldn't expect that to get you anywhere if you're to insistent because its at the manager's discretion to make them first come first serve

PPCGeeks > iPhone > General iPhone Discussions