PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > iPhone > General iPhone Discussions
Register Community Search

Notices

User Tag List

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-19-2009, 08:09 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: rusejery
Carrier: rusejery

rusejery is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Iphone 3GS review, pros and cons.?

I'm thinking about getting an Iphone 3GS and I was wondering what other people thought of it. Does it seem to work well and are all the features like internet, video camera gps etc, any good?

I knew a guy who had an earlier version of the Iphone but he just casually mentioned that he liked it, didn't say why.

Also, for the AT&T data plan,does it include unlimited internet access or do you have to pay every time you sign on?

I just want peoples general opinion of the phone and AT&T iphone plan
Old 12-19-2009, 12:43 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Perasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIP
Re: Iphone 3GS review, pros and cons.?

I love my 3G. Data plan is unlimited.

Projects: (PeraStats 1.7) (PeraCount with Clock 1.3) (PeraCount 1.3) (PeraProfiler 1.2) (S2U2Lock 1.1)
Old 12-19-2009, 10:58 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: iPhone4
Carrier: AT&T

Certs is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

If you're cool with their rates then the iPhone is the greatest phone in the world, bar none.

Everything it does, it does well. Then you can jailbreak it and have it do even more!
Old 12-20-2009, 08:08 AM
VIP n00b
Pocket PC: iPhone

Rusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to Rusty Duck

I have used all versions and own the 3GS. AS a handheld device the iPhone rocks!!!! The iPhone as a phone is not so good. I average 25% call drops with no rhyme or reason.

Old 12-20-2009, 08:07 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 and every single phone verizon had...
Carrier: Verizon

Noir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIP

I will say a few things
it does work out of the box and its stable. But then, when comparing the 3gS to the 3g (or even 2g) platform, there aren't many huge differences.
Preference aside for my joy of windows mobile, I'd get the 3g and not the 3gS just because it is much cheaper than the 3gS and has almost as many bells and whistles as the current model. My suggestion
iphone 3g
Old 12-21-2009, 10:30 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: iphone

drift365 is keeping up the good workdrift365 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to drift365

the biggest difference between the 3g and 3gs was the increased storage capacity and the improved processor. the 3gs is an amazing device. i havnt experienced that many dropped calls with it.
Old 12-21-2009, 11:46 AM
Robin Hood of CyberSpace
Pocket PC: Lumia 635
Carrier: T-Mobile

CyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to CyberMonkey Send a message via Yahoo to CyberMonkey

another difference is that the newer 3GS's that when you jailbreak it with, it's tethered.
That means that when you jailbreak it with Blackra1n, everytime you power off then power on the phone, you need to connect it to the computer and run blackra1n to boot it up fully.

Supposedly there is a way to be able to jailbreak it so it's not a tethered jailbreak, but that is being held until the new version of the iPhone is released so Apple can't fix that method of jailbreaking.
Old 12-23-2009, 04:11 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: iPhone 3GS
Carrier: Telus

Braka is becoming a great contributor

I personally own a iPhone 3GS from Telus since 2 days approx. I was on HTC Diamond before and for real, this phone is sick! Just to let you know, I use my phone a lot for "phone feature" (yes I do haha), "mails" and "music". This phone does that so well. No lagging. No crashes. I feel like I just ate Tylenol you see. Haha. No more headaches. My Motorola S9-HD headset wasn't working outside with the HTC Diamond (too much interferences or I don't know). Now with my 3GS, no problem, the phone is in my pocket and it works perfectly.

The only thing I miss is the flashing circle of the Diamond that warns you of activities. On the iPhone you always have to press the button. But well, I highly recommend this phone if you have a Diamond and you're pissed of flashing every weeks...
Old 01-21-2010, 06:52 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: iPhone 3GS

riotek is a n00b

I have had many different PDA phones since 2001, I went to the iphone and have no regreats the iphone is by far the best smart phone i have ever seen or owned. I have not had a chance to play with the new android phones to much but from what i have seen they are not to bad either... I will be getting an android phone soon and be making my decision about that in the near future. If I were you get the iPhone 3GS over the 3G it is much faster much more resposncive, more ram and faster cpu, however it sucks for battery life... but it dosnt take long to recharge at all.
Previous Devices: iPhone 3G - iPhone 2G - HTC Touch Pro - Treo 800w - PPC-6800 - Treo 700wx - PPC-6700 - BlackBerry 7300 - Treo 700p - BlackBerry 7100i - Audiovox PPC-6600 - Treo 650 - Treo 600 - Treo 300 - Kyocera QCP-6035
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > iPhone > General iPhone Discussions