PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > General Android Discussion
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-17-2012, 04:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Axim x51v and TouchPro 2 now Arrive
Carrier: Sprint

JohnMcD348 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Help- Getting Didigtal copy DVD's of PC onto Droid Tablet and Phone

OK, I'm still Droid ignorant and trying to learn but haven't been able to find an answer for this. Here's the delima.

We bought a Droid Tablet, Archos 101 G9(ICS OS) mainly to use as a video player and streamer. Our plan was to load up movies onto a 32gb SD(micro HC) card for use during trips and stream once in the motel room ans such. The streaming works OK with Amazon and netflix over WiFi. THe problem is, I cannot figure out how to move the Movies over to the SD Card. When I put the SD Card into computer(Win7 Pro) it won't recognize the card and says it needs to be formatted. I don't want to format it for Windows, or is that a problem? I would think a Windows formatted SD card wouldn't work on a Droid device.

Is there a program out there that would help me move a digital copy movie over to my tablet, or her phone even for that matter. When I plug in the tablet, the Computer does recognize it, but does not allow me to transfer items over to it.

I'm stumped. Thank you all in advance for the help.
Old 06-18-2012, 08:49 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Axim x51v and TouchPro 2 now Arrive
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

JohnMcD348 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Re: Help- Getting Didigtal copy DVD's of PC onto Droid Tablet and Phone

Wow. 77 views and no answers. I think I may have figured out part of it on my end. Come to find out, my card reader is to old to read and use SDHC cards and only goes up to about 4gb. I tried it in my sons newer system that supposedly handles HC SD cards. I just don't know in the specs if the SDHC card and micro SDHC cards are the same spec.

I'm still trying to find something that would let me just transfer files from my PC over to the Droid tablet/phone.
:
Old 06-21-2012, 05:15 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: adwords
Carrier: jgtht

kathiny is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: Help- Getting Didigtal copy DVD's of PC onto Droid Tablet and Phone

If you have the movies loaded into a shared folder on the hard drive of your PC, and if your PC is connected to a wireless network, then you can download an app called UPnPlay from the Android Market which will connect your tablet to your shared drives where your movie files are stored. In fact this app will allow you to stream music and picture files as well as video. The Video app that is pre-installed on android tablets is limited to MP4 files, so if you also download the app MX Video Player then you can stream video coded in most formats.

PPCGeeks > Android > General Android Discussion