PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > General Android Discussion
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2012, 04:38 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: adwords
Carrier: jgtht

kathiny is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Samsung galaxy s2 sim card type

I was thinking of getting a samsung galaxy s2 but was wondering what type of sim card it uses? I've had the same sim card for years and I really would like to keep it if I can because it has a good tarrif? Is that what it's called when you get so many text, phonecalls and wap for a set price each month ? Sorry I'm soo clueless with this type of stuff. Thanks for any help given
Old 04-02-2012, 05:42 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

shellguy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshellguy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshellguy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to shellguy Send a message via MSN to shellguy Send a message via Yahoo to shellguy
Re: Samsung galaxy s2 sim card type

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathiny View Post
I was thinking of getting a samsung galaxy s2 but was wondering what type of sim card it uses? I've had the same sim card for years and I really would like to keep it if I can because it has a good tarrif? Is that what it's called when you get so many text, phonecalls and wap for a set price each month ? Sorry I'm soo clueless with this type of stuff. Thanks for any help given
Who is your provider? As far as I am aware, the VZW version doesn't have SIM card.

Will
Old 04-03-2012, 11:21 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: O2
Carrier: Tesco

dominiquelang is a n00b

Maybe you should ask your service provider. I'm pretty sure they would be more than willing to accommodate your request for a new sim card, if need be. Most mobile phones work with most sim cards though.
Old 04-03-2012, 11:44 PM
#1 troll!
Pocket PC: Moto G5 Plus
Carrier: AT&T aka deathstar

fixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellguy View Post
Who is your provider? As far as I am aware, the VZW version doesn't have SIM card.

Will

verizon doesn't have a galaxy s 2.

Old 06-14-2012, 07:40 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: mobile PPC
Carrier: Orange

berous is a n00b

I am pretty sure it usues the common sim card type but i guess if you will have to change the shape of your simcard your sevice provider can provide the right shape for you while you can still retain your old number, that's what i did with my old sim which had to be replaced with a micro one. i am sure they will have the proper utilities for that.
Old 08-20-2012, 02:15 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: googgle ads
Carrier: orange

Nick johnson is a n00b

Use the sim card with the standard shape which is the usual one.... That will easily work in S II. Ask youe service provider to replace your old sim with a new with without changing the number. They will replace it as they also don't want to loose their customers.
Old 01-15-2013, 03:35 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: iPhone 4S, HTC DesireV
Carrier: AT&T

Daniel Jones is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathiny View Post

Hey kathiny
The unlocked version of Samsung Galaxy S II supports mini-sim card. If you are on a contract with some network then contact your network provider, they will better let you know the exact process for porting you number and the terrif plans you may carry with S II.
Old 04-03-2013, 02:19 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Desire X
Carrier: AIRTEL

rousellwall is a n00b

I think Samsung Galaxy S II has Mini SIM Card. You need to contact to the your SIM Card provider. They will change your SIM Card in compatible smartphone.
Old 07-16-2013, 01:05 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Android
Carrier: Vodafone

Zoya Bennet is a n00b

You can use standard sim card type to be used in Samsung galaxy s2 as it supports well. Depending upon the age of the Sim card you can enjoy the mobile data services.

PPCGeeks > Android > General Android Discussion