PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > General Android Discussion

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2012, 02:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6700/Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

0Gravity is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Battery Drain after Rooting?

Hi All,
I am totally new to Android so bear with me...lol, I just replaced my old TP2 with the Epic 4g Touch, and decided a couple nights ago to Root it in order to get the free Wifi Hotspot fix...So far that is all I have done is Root and install Wifi Tether, I have not used the Wifi tether at all except for getting it installed and configuring it to work! When I first got the phone it was all I could do to put it down...I was DLing apps and playing games and pretty much the screen was lit all day...In other words I used the hell out of it. and I would not usually have to put it on charge until 7 or 8 pm...which coming from the TP2 is HEAVEN!

Since Rooting the phone and installing Wifi Tether I have noticed that I have used the device less and it seems like the battery is draining faster and I have to put it on charge by 5 pm or so! I have not been using any different apps then I was just a few days ago, and I did notice it almost immediatly after I rooted the phone! Could anything in the rooting process or Wifi Tether be using power resources?

Thanks,
Mike
Old 01-06-2012, 04:06 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G
Carrier: T-Mobile

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.6; en-us; SPH-D710 Build/GINGERBREAD) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Not 100% sure of this, but rooting might have wiped the battery stats. Give it a couple of days and it should return to normal.

Last edited by demonlordoftheround; 01-06-2012 at 04:07 PM.
Old 01-07-2012, 04:00 AM
VIP MVP
Pocket PC: TP Dos/OG Epic/Touch
Carrier: Sprint

masetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuff
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.6; en-us; SPH-D710 Build/GINGERBREAD) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

rooting some how does that cause it also happens to my phone. when i go back to stock battery life is great but install CWM and wipe battery stats and battery does get better in about 2 days

Old 02-15-2012, 05:47 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: nothing
Carrier: moblink

haven.hatty is a n00b
Re: Battery Drain after Rooting?

I was DLing apps and playing games and pretty much the screen was lit all day...In other words I used the hell out of it. and I would not usually have to put it on charge until 7 or 8 pm...which coming from the TP2 is HEAVEN!
Old 03-18-2012, 01:26 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: agadfgd
Carrier: google

wsxcc00 is a n00b

was lit all day...In other words I used the hell out of it. and I would not usually[IMG]http://www.********************[/IMG]
Old 03-19-2012, 03:34 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 212
Carrier: engineer

NiallHoran is a n00b

A better idea is to completely charge the battery until it is 100% and the led light turns green. Then while the phone is still plugged in go to your recovery menu and wipe the battery stats. This is not a recommended process, its a REQUIRED process every time you switch roms. That should fix the battery issues that you are having.
Old 03-22-2012, 11:41 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Virgin Mobile

catherineblessing is a n00b

That's one of the reasons why I still haven't rooted my phone. I need a long battery life. Besides, I want to make the most out of my phone warranty. Hopefully other people here can help you with this.

PPCGeeks > Android > General Android Discussion