PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > General Android Discussion

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2011, 03:11 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

scrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sprint Update: LS670ZVD 3/15/2011 - Breaks wireless tether!

Sprint pushed a new update on 3/15/2011. They only list one simple fix:

This update removes requirement to download a Sprint ID Pack to complete phone activation.

WARNING: Breaks Wireless tether capabilities for unrooted phones as reported by multiple users at Android Central.

Official Link: http://support.sprint.com/support/article/Find_and_update_the_software_version_on_your_LG_Op timus_S/case-wh164052-20101028-122209

Donations always accepted but never expected!
Old 03-20-2011, 10:18 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy SIII

rock945beavis is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to rock945beavis
Re: Sprint Update: LS670ZVD 3/15/2011 - Breaks wireless tether!

I had SD card issues the moment I applied this update. Phone froze multiple times... finally stopped removing the battery and decided to see if it would ever un-freeze, which it did sometime later, working perfectly (including SD card). Haven't had any issues since.
Old 03-21-2011, 08:20 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc tp2
Carrier: sprint

tracsportva is just getting started

Is there a way to not have to root the phone and still get the internet?
I do not have it at my house and have to use various wifi outlets to get the net now

This sucks. I saw on android central how to turn back time but it looks like it is going to take a while and I am not too sure about rooting.

Do you think pdanet or something like that would work ?
Old 05-31-2011, 10:00 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO 2 (Sprint)

ModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on rep

any news if this effects PDANET?

Will pdanet stilll work?

Old 06-02-2011, 07:37 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO/no root

jpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to jpwhre Send a message via MSN to jpwhre Send a message via Yahoo to jpwhre

Any work around yet? Running 2.2.2 and just got phone today. Z4root keeps FCing and I don't want to do hard core root. Simple one click root only using phone with ability to un-root just as fast and ez.
Old 06-02-2011, 09:08 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO/no root

jpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to jpwhre Send a message via MSN to jpwhre Send a message via Yahoo to jpwhre

never mind http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/lg-optimus...t-2-2-2-a.html
Old 06-07-2011, 05:24 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: LG Optimus S

kapone86 is a n00b

yup use gingerbreak v 1.2 to root your phone, it's a one click root, install it and click root, thats it, works even after the update from LG
Old 07-07-2011, 09:32 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

chaster86 is a n00b

Just FYI, you do NOT have to root your phone to keep tether functionality. If the Sprint phone ships with, or OTA upgrades to LS670ZVD you can still downgrade back to LS670ZVC using the LG software tool available on their website.

Keep in mind when you do put the LS670ZVC back on your phone it will keep trying to download and prompt you for the LS670ZVD update. All you have to do is let the update pop-up show up, click the 'learn more' button (or something like that, it's been a while I don't remember) and immediately take out the battery. From that point on your phone will not prompt you to upgrade to LS670ZVD. I have been on LS670ZVC for 3 months now using this solution, no issues, and still able to tether with the 'quick settings' app!
Old 08-03-2011, 10:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC EVO 4G

wherestheanykey is keeping up the good workwherestheanykey is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaster86 View Post
Just FYI, you do NOT have to root your phone to keep tether functionality. If the Sprint phone ships with, or OTA upgrades to LS670ZVD you can still downgrade back to LS670ZVC using the LG software tool available on their website.

Keep in mind when you do put the LS670ZVC back on your phone it will keep trying to download and prompt you for the LS670ZVD update. All you have to do is let the update pop-up show up, click the 'learn more' button (or something like that, it's been a while I don't remember) and immediately take out the battery. From that point on your phone will not prompt you to upgrade to LS670ZVD. I have been on LS670ZVC for 3 months now using this solution, no issues, and still able to tether with the 'quick settings' app!
Hi, I would like to move my wife's Optimus back to the previous software version. Can you please give a little more detail regarding how you were able to do this?

Thanks
Baseband: 2.15.00.11.19
Kernel: 2.6.32.17-gee557fd-htc-kernel@and18-2 #15
Old 08-16-2011, 03:11 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

jerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Hi, just purchased a used phone with the LS670ZVD update already installed. If I understand correctly, I can still root this OK?

PPCGeeks > Android > General Android Discussion