PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > General Android Discussion
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2011, 12:15 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG V10, iPhone 6 and Nokia ICON
Carrier: Verizon

DavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to DavidinCT Send a message via MSN to DavidinCT
Re: Run Android 3.0 Honeycomb on Computer

Edit: found my answer, going to check this out. We were looking for something to replace the old (Single core Pentum 4) laptop we use around the house for simple webbrowsing (with a stripped verison of XP lite, web browseing and SD video playback is good on it).

I just have a hard time with a Apple product. So, this could be a good option.

http://mc.anywherecool.com/Blog/
If I helped in anyway, please hit thanks !

Last edited by DavidinCT; 03-17-2011 at 01:44 PM.
Old 03-17-2011, 12:50 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive
Carrier: Sprint

smileyface22 is keeping up the good worksmileyface22 is keeping up the good worksmileyface22 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (TP2: Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; WCE; Opera Mobi/WMD-50433; U; en) Presto/2.4.13 Version/10.00)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypnotic2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by smileyface22 View Post
Can't get this to work. I did everything right according to the directions posted but I kept getting error messages. Now I'm not getting them but nothing is happening. Help?
Can you be more specific to what step you getting stuck on?
I hit start and nothing happens. Before I was getting an error; Something about not being able to find Honecomb. I'm trying it again now.

Update: Still can't get this thing to work.I give up for now.

Last edited by smileyface22; 03-17-2011 at 09:09 PM.
Old 06-24-2011, 07:04 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: business
Carrier: idea

ronnyroyals is a n00b

That's application of Android 3.0 Honeycom cool, Android Honeycomb is pretty much the stuff of legends, spin on the Motorola Xoom and are pretty impressed with the tablet operating system.
Old 06-26-2011, 11:30 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: epic4g
Carrier: boost

MuDDuQ is a n00b

very cool thanks for sharing
Old 07-28-2011, 12:54 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6800
Carrier: sprint

weballin is a n00b

Ok so I am a beginner at all of this but this is my idea. I would like to partition my Dell Duo and have possibly 3 partitions running 3 different OS's Windows 7, Ubuntu, and Android Honeycomb. I only want to do this because I want to try out Ubuntu and I like the apps available on android and windows because I don't want to give up the ability to use the programs I frequent. I have no idea how to do it or where to start. I like the concept of the Dell Duo but it is not a power house tablet in it current state.. Anyone with any advice hit me up I am open to help and learning.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by weballin; 07-28-2011 at 01:01 AM. Reason: subscribe
Old 07-31-2011, 05:44 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: sharp sh-12c
Carrier: NTT docomo

obento1 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by weballin View Post
Ok so I am a beginner at all of this but this is my idea. I would like to partition my Dell Duo and have possibly 3 partitions running 3 different OS's Windows 7, Ubuntu, and Android Honeycomb. I only want to do this because I want to try out Ubuntu and I like the apps available on android and windows because I don't want to give up the ability to use the programs I frequent. I have no idea how to do it or where to start. I like the concept of the Dell Duo but it is not a power house tablet in it current state.. Anyone with any advice hit me up I am open to help and learning.

Thanks in advance!
I was reading up about how to get android SDK running on my DUO and i saw your post. I have played with dual and triple booting every thing from Ubuntu, Meego, OSX, Joli cloud, and windows 7/XP and it was a frustrating process sometimes. I am currently triple booting two different Windows 7's (until windows 8 beta gets out) and android 2.3 since honeycomb isn't ready for the DUO yet. You can get the DUO specific Android ISO from android x86 website with directions on how to install it from a USB stick. And you will need a copy of windows 7 on a USB because you will mess up your MBR (master boot record) and you need this to fix it. And you need to install Easy BCD on windows 7 to setup your boot option once you get them all installed. It took a lot of trial and error to get everything running smoothly so if you decide to try it and you have any questions feel free to PM me.
Old 08-01-2011, 04:26 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6800
Carrier: sprint

weballin is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by obento1 View Post
I was reading up about how to get android SDK running on my DUO and i saw your post. I have played with dual and triple booting every thing from Ubuntu, Meego, OSX, Joli cloud, and windows 7/XP and it was a frustrating process sometimes. I am currently triple booting two different Windows 7's (until windows 8 beta gets out) and android 2.3 since honeycomb isn't ready for the DUO yet. You can get the DUO specific Android ISO from android x86 website with directions on how to install it from a USB stick. And you will need a copy of windows 7 on a USB because you will mess up your MBR (master boot record) and you need this to fix it. And you need to install Easy BCD on windows 7 to setup your boot option once you get them all installed. It took a lot of trial and error to get everything running smoothly so if you decide to try it and you have any questions feel free to PM me.
Oh wow thank you so much for this information. I have a question. How would I get a copy of Win7 it comes pre-installed with NO boot disc for any or my PC's. Torrent? Oh and I dont check this site often would you be apposed to a AIM Skype or oovoo contact to make it a lil easier if I have any issues along the way? if it is cool PM me one of your sn's and I will hit you up.
Old 08-01-2011, 06:57 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO/no root
Carrier: Sprint

jpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to jpwhre Send a message via MSN to jpwhre Send a message via Yahoo to jpwhre

you do a image backup of a fresh install of w7. My hp keeps a recovery partition on the hard drive with windows 7 image file. Basically you can do a backup of your os onto a flash drive.
Old 08-07-2011, 03:04 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HP Ipac 4700
Carrier: Orange

h5djr is a n00b

I have followed all the instructions to get Anderoid 3.2 installed on my PC but every time I click Start for the VCD I get the following error message:

invalid command-line parameter: Files\Android\android-sdk\tools/emulator-arm.exe.
Hint: use '@foo' to launch a virtual device named 'foo'.
please use -help for more information

Has anyone got any ideas?
Old 08-08-2011, 04:54 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HP Ipac 4700
Carrier: Orange

h5djr is a n00b

I seem to have sorted this problem by moving the Android directory out of the c:\program files directly to c:\

Now I can get my Android SDK to load and it comes up a black screen with 'android' in the centre and then goes to the screen with the date etc and a padlock sign but nothing else. If I click the padlock still nothing happens

Anyone any ideas?

PPCGeeks > Android > General Android Discussion