PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > General Android Discussion
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2011, 07:18 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sammy Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Sprint

Anon9mouz is keeping up the good workAnon9mouz is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Anon9mouz Send a message via Yahoo to Anon9mouz
Ok trade evo for shift or epic

Ok my chick wants my evo and I have a chance to go back to the epic or try the shift I need help on to decide if I want to keep evo or go for the other two 4g phones plz help me thank u bc den wise on evo is great and I know what Im doing from easy one click root and recovery too everything else vs adb Idk how and steps wise with shift and some what epic plz tell me good opinions thanks people

Also I see that the official froyo is coming out so hmm it just sucks if I go to epic bc I just got a defender otterbox for my evo so my chicks gonna have that and then I got the white back piece to it she will have that too. She's taking all my goodies along with Ima miss sense and I doubt there's roms out for epic that has sense. Plus they don't make defender otterboxs for epic and I don't know why. I just wanna try somthing different and I'm pushing now more towards epic but I still need options.
Kernel: Stock and loven it
I envy the dumb ones.
Old 02-20-2011, 07:30 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Re: Ok trade evo for shift or epic

Well let me ask you this, when do you plan on doing the trade? cause as said Epic is getting Froyo tomorrow and we already have Froyo source as Samsung gave it before the phone even came out..

So in a few days we will see how it effects development..We might have a full working CM6 port as thats what they said they need to finish it...There is also an MIUI port going..

As for sense..there was a team working on it that said they are waiting for Froyo...so we will see..if you can hold out till end of the month, the choice might be a lot clearer...

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 02-20-2011, 07:43 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
Well let me ask you this, when do you plan on doing the trade? cause as said Epic is getting Froyo tomorrow and we already have Froyo source as Samsung gave it before the phone even came out..

So in a few days we will see how it effects development..We might have a full working CM6 port as thats what they said they need to finish it...There is also an MIUI port going..

As for sense..there was a team working on it that said they are waiting for Froyo...so we will see..if you can hold out till end of the month, the choice might be a lot clearer...
Either make the trade next week or the week after i figure this is a decent way to try something different like shift or go back to epic bc i dont have to upgrade and where the epics at now in days other than when it was when i got it first day out. Ima just miss sense if i do goto epic and only thing that really turns me down from shift is screen size and front facing camera so idk bc i love my evo but i always want somthing different im never plzed i guess hehe
Old 02-20-2011, 08:38 PM
"The Fuzzy One"

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anon9mouz View Post
Either make the trade next week or the week after i figure this is a decent way to try something different like shift or go back to epic bc i dont have to upgrade and where the epics at now in days other than when it was when i got it first day out. Ima just miss sense if i do goto epic and only thing that really turns me down from shift is screen size and front facing camera so idk bc i love my evo but i always want somthing different im never plzed i guess hehe
Well what is it that you need from sense? most of the stuff can be replaced with alternatives that look the same..that said once CM6 is complete it will make custom roms like sense easier as before we could not compile from source...CM6 is first rom we got working compiled from source...(minus the propitiatory drivers)..which should make a sense port possible..
Old 02-20-2011, 10:02 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Well what is it that you need from sense? most of the stuff can be replaced with alternatives that look the same..that said once CM6 is complete it will make custom roms like sense easier as before we could not compile from source...CM6 is first rom we got working compiled from source...(minus the propitiatory drivers)..which should make a sense port possible..
ur talking the aosp rom cyanogenmod right so u guys are only on 6 the last one i tried for the evo was 6.1.2 but i was trying to see about this cm7 bc i really wanna try gingerbread but im trying to figure out whos the most stable and closest feel to official 2.3. so epic doesnt have stuff like that yet?
Old 02-20-2011, 10:09 PM
"The Fuzzy One"

Quote:
ur talking the aosp rom cyanogenmod right so u guys are only on 6 the last one i tried for the evo was 6.1.2 but i was trying to see about this cm7 bc i really wanna try gingerbread but im trying to figure out whos the most stable and closest feel to official 2.3. so epic doesnt have stuff like that yet?
Its CM6.2 according to the dev on it...I was just being lazy typing...we have a CM and MIUI rom now...they are just beta as they used beta froyo radio and drivers...with the release of Froyo tomorrow they will be able to get it out of beta...

There is a CM7 port for the original Galaxy S devices and from what the dev was saying CM7 shouldn't take long....
Old 02-20-2011, 10:21 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Its CM6.2 according to the dev on it...I was just being lazy typing...we have a CM and MIUI rom now...they are just beta as they used beta froyo radio and drivers...with the release of Froyo tomorrow they will be able to get it out of beta...

There is a CM7 port for the original Galaxy S devices and from what the dev was saying CM7 shouldn't take long....
O ok well shit talking to u more than likely ill go back to the epic i just didnt want to wait for froyo when it came out and i took it back on like my 28th day bc i was tired of waiting and they are just now finally getting it so im ready to make the switch back. So when u do u gonna help me get it together one click root rom ect?
Old 02-21-2011, 12:13 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

yankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
I would stick with epic for now. Like someone said, it's due for an update tomorrow. This should be interesting to see how it affects it. I myself have an evo but I love the smoothness and graphics compared to the evo. I would love to try the epic for couple weeks although I love htc sense and love the ease of rooting.

Sent from my Evo using Tapatalk

Free! Full Body Protection for your smartphone.
http://stealthguards.com/idevaffilia...ate.php?id=417
Old 02-21-2011, 01:36 AM
O-Matic
Pocket PC: Vogue, TP2, Epic 4G, Nexus S, Galaxy SIII, Nexus 4
Carrier: Big Pink

shane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIP
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to shane6374

Quote:
O ok well shit talking to u more than likely ill go back to the epic i just didnt want to wait for froyo when it came out and i took it back on like my 28th day bc i was tired of waiting and they are just now finally getting it so im ready to make the switch back. So when u do u gonna help me get it together one click root rom ect?
It's all in the stickies in the Epic Development forum.

Remember to clickon those who help! It's right down there.

PPCGeeks > Android > General Android Discussion