PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > General Android Discussion
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2011, 08:20 PM
Osz
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Moment!
Carrier: Sprint

Osz is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Osz
not sure which phone

Ok so I have a samsung moment. I hate it and it breaks on me all te time. So I went to a Wireless Giant and the guy said he can hook me up by selling me either a optimus, Intercept or Zio for 50 bucks. Not sure if any of them are better than mine. The only one by the ratings I've seen that look decient is the Optimus. Just curious if its worth it or should I just keep my moment. Thanks!
Old 02-15-2011, 09:57 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Re: not sure which phone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osz View Post
Ok so I have a samsung moment. I hate it and it breaks on me all te time. So I went to a Wireless Giant and the guy said he can hook me up by selling me either a optimus, Intercept or Zio for 50 bucks. Not sure if any of them are better than mine. The only one by the ratings I've seen that look decient is the Optimus. Just curious if its worth it or should I just keep my moment. Thanks!
Intercept is effectively a moment with a different screen..same hardware...Optimus S is a decent phone I guess but I would just say get the Epic IF you need a phone now...cause they made the $10 a month fee on all smartphones if you activate a new phone...if you can wait for a dual core phone probably till June then thats best option..

Also there are places online you can get Optimus for free on full upgrade...or Epic for $100...

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 02-15-2011, 11:09 PM
Osz
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Osz is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
Intercept is effectively a moment with a different screen..same hardware...Optimus S is a decent phone I guess but I would just say get the Epic IF you need a phone now...cause they made the $10 a month fee on all smartphones if you activate a new phone...if you can wait for a dual core phone probably till June then thats best option..

Also there are places online you can get Optimus for free on full upgrade...or Epic for $100...
Well I'm only eligible for the $75 rebate now. So if I was to get this it would be as if I bought the phone outright and just switched on my own. Wasn't sure if any of those are better than what I have. Good to know the Intercept is pretty much the same as mine, but I seen the video display is a little off compared to other Android phones.

When I do upgrade I was looking at the new LG Arena (pending on reviews). And the Echo looks pretty sweet. But thats a long ways away. I might have to wait till I get my full 150 in November.
Old 02-16-2011, 12:35 PM
"The Fuzzy One"

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Well I'm only eligible for the $75 rebate now. So if I was to get this it would be as if I bought the phone outright and just switched on my own. Wasn't sure if any of those are better than what I have. Good to know the Intercept is pretty much the same as mine, but I seen the video display is a little off compared to other Android phones.

When I do upgrade I was looking at the new LG Arena (pending on reviews). And the Echo looks pretty sweet. But thats a long ways away. I might have to wait till I get my full 150 in November.
Well right now your going to get charged for a $10 fee on all smartphones 4g or not if you switch from the moment..if your going to switch make it worth it is what I am saying...the Optimus is an ok medium/low end device, definitely better then the moment..but its not worth paying $10 extra a month..

Echo is right now the laughing stock of phones..its better then an optimus spec wise but prob not worth it overall..as for LG Arena..what phone is that? I googled and that looks like a 2009 phone...
Old 02-16-2011, 01:00 PM
Osz
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Osz is a n00b

Quote:
Well right now your going to get charged for a $10 fee on all smartphones 4g or not if you switch from the moment..if your going to switch make it worth it is what I am saying...the Optimus is an ok medium/low end device, definitely better then the moment..but its not worth paying $10 extra a month..

Echo is right now the laughing stock of phones..its better then an optimus spec wise but prob not worth it overall..as for LG Arena..what phone is that? I googled and that looks like a 2009 phone...

well I'm not sure if ill get charged the 10 bucks cause I'm on an employee plan. I only pay 40 a month for unlimited everything and 600 anytime min. Ill call and find out though.

I think the Echo is a good idea but I know the specs don't compare well to other top phones. And maybe I'm mistaken by it being called arena. But I seen it on engadget. Its an LG that has the 3d screen with impressive specs. Think it was dual core.
Old 02-16-2011, 01:21 PM
"The Fuzzy One"

Quote:
well I'm not sure if ill get charged the 10 bucks cause I'm on an employee plan. I only pay 40 a month for unlimited everything and 600 anytime min. Ill call and find out though.

I think the Echo is a good idea but I know the specs don't compare well to other top phones. And maybe I'm mistaken by it being called arena. But I seen it on engadget. Its an LG that has the 3d screen with impressive specs. Think it was dual core.
You mean the LG Optimus 3D? thats a good phone but no indication it will be on sprint :/..yet...
Old 02-17-2011, 12:39 AM
Osz
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Osz is a n00b

Quote:
You mean the LG Optimus 3D? thats a good phone but no indication it will be on sprint :/..yet...
Yeah thats it. I thought I heard it was though. Could be wrong. Looks sweet!

Well I'm thinking about getting the optimus for 50 bucks.

PPCGeeks > Android > General Android Discussion