PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > General Android Discussion

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2010, 11:41 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG v10
Carrier: T-mobile

clockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Which Android Tablet would you get?

Similar to my same question in the EVO subforum, but I wanted a wider opinion as well. http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/htc-evo-4g...d-you-get.html

As an Android Device owner, which of the existing (or soon to be released) Android Tablets would you considering buying?

Personally I had no real idea or desire to look into them until I saw some postings about rooting the B&N Nook Color.. (all it's fault I tell you!)

So now I have gotten to back-tracking on other devices. After having my EVO and practically never using my PC/laptop anymore. A tablet seems very viable, especially with certain games (pocket legends, lol) as a everyday device.

I would like your opinions as fellow Android users.

thanks,

-CC

EDIT: Didn't get a chance to get much feedback from EVO community, thread was closed. Hope we can get some "android user's" opinions. Personally I am looking really hard at the Barnes & Noble Nook Color.

Last edited by clockcycle; 12-07-2010 at 11:44 AM.
Old 12-07-2010, 09:29 PM
Wiredengineer
Pocket PC: EVO 3D/Acer Iconia Tab!
Carrier: Sprint

PropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Re: Which Android Tablet would you get?

I have been itching for a tablet The nook is tempting. Just unsure if there will be good development. Funny an ereader would be more appealing than the samsung (kind of just a larger version of my evo inmo). I decided I would use a tablet to offload internet browsing and manage notes and calender and tasks, which i currently do with my 12" laptop. I am also considering this:
enTourage eDGe
Old 12-07-2010, 09:53 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910
Carrier: Verizon

blazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

I got an Archos 101. Very nice device.

Follow me on mytabletlife.com
Old 12-07-2010, 11:49 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

we now have an Android Tablet Forum http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/android-tablets/ I had the mods move a bunch of Tablet threads there..
Old 12-07-2010, 11:56 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

good work bored .
Old 12-08-2010, 11:49 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG v10
Carrier: T-mobile
Threadstarter

clockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on rep

The nook color has had great reviews, now that it has been found to be able to completely boot off SD. It means great things for developers/users to load up custom roms without actually messing with the unit's firmware. Some devs are already picking this thing up.. Quickly becoming the "darling" of XDA.

Wish list; bluetooth, cam/cameras (for skype vid conferencing), microphone, OTG USB Host, are some things I wish it had..

-CC
Old 12-09-2010, 02:18 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Nothing
Carrier: Vodafone

johnrankin is a n00b

Having used both tablets and netbooks, I tend to lean toward the netbook. Both are of similar magnitude to the material and size, but really is not a substitute for a keyboard when productivity or ease of use is concerned. The concept seems to be a whole tablet large cell, which has no great capacity to maximize the efficiency of the keyboard.
Old 12-09-2010, 02:27 AM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak

I own a Sprint Galaxy Tab and very much like it.
Old 12-09-2010, 07:09 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: TP2 & EVO

BenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuff

I looked at the iPad and an Asus netbook, went with the Asus due to a 256gb drive, memory and a real live keyboard, plus a few other things.
Old 12-11-2010, 04:49 PM
Wiredengineer
Pocket PC: EVO 3D/Acer Iconia Tab!

PropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Have you seen this one?

Notion Ink Adam: Tech Specs

Battery life is supposed to be insane due to the unique QI pixel display. Nice specs.

PPCGeeks > Android > General Android Discussion