PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > General Android Discussion
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2010, 03:34 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: A Perma-Temp Rooted HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

RidleyJ329 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRidleyJ329 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRidleyJ329 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRidleyJ329 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRidleyJ329 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
can i bridge the connection between an evo and an epic???

would it be possible to tether from these two devices simultaneously as to gain a more stable or stronger connectoin to the internet. my friend has a 4g capable epic while i have an a evo running CM6.1 if it makes an differnence

Last edited by RidleyJ329; 11-19-2010 at 03:37 PM.
Old 11-19-2010, 05:00 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Re: can i bridge the connection between an evo and an epic???

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidleyJ329 View Post
would it be possible to tether from these two devices simultaneously as to gain a more stable or stronger connectoin to the internet. my friend has a 4g capable epic while i have an a evo running CM6.1 if it makes an differnence
Do you mean faster speeds or less likely to disconnect?

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 11-19-2010, 05:06 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

RidleyJ329 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRidleyJ329 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRidleyJ329 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRidleyJ329 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRidleyJ329 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

any combination of the two.... the internet in his home is horribly slow and what i want to do is hook up my laptop to his big screen while streaming a moving on the internet. as you can imagine i would like as little lag as possible
Old 11-19-2010, 06:13 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidleyJ329 View Post
any combination of the two.... the internet in his home is horribly slow and what i want to do is hook up my laptop to his big screen while streaming a moving on the internet. as you can imagine i would like as little lag as possible
Won't work...you have 2 different IP addresses..unless your downloading a file that supports multi-threading you wont be able to utilize any advantages really..

In a multithreaded file you can theoratically do it but it would require programming...

How about getting an airwave?
Old 11-19-2010, 06:19 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

i have one but have not set it up yet. but the thing is this is just a onetime thing to stream the video. i dont trust his internet at his home to get a solidenough connection and i dont know how much i trust sprint to keep a steady streamm for 2-3 hours straight.
Old 11-20-2010, 09:38 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

digiblur is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardigiblur is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardigiblur is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardigiblur is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Does not matter...it will be on the same sector of the tower unless you happen to be on a sector with multiple EV carriers and the phones just so happen to be on the separate carriers.
For instance if I hit speed test on just one phone then do it on both at the same time you can tell you are doing it on both.
Old 11-20-2010, 10:50 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

well damn. i was afraid of an answer like. we chose do it a different way.
Old 11-21-2010, 10:53 AM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

**EDIT** i just realized i was in Android forum, but that shouldnt matter since the Hack affects the Machine not the Phone

yes, yes you can... though ive never done it...

connecttions are controlled by the "metric"... the connection with the lowest "metric" is used... modify the metric so both numbers are the same/lowest and you should be good...

you probably need to USB the EVO and Wifi the EPIC or vice-versa though.... i knew i had seen this before on PPCG or i never wouldve know the term metric to even start my search http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/1737282-post1.html

thats all i have for now.... but its is possible... theres even 3rd party software(not free i believe) to aide as well if needed...

Configuring Multiple Adapters on the Same Physical Network - even MS tells you how to do it
You configure this by assigning a metric to each adapter in the TCP/IP configuration settings. By default, a metric of 1 is configured on all installed network adapters. An adapter with a lower metric is always used to communicate with another computer if more than one network adapter can be used to reach the same destination computer.

For example, if there are two network adapters in a Windows 2000-based computer connected to the same physical network with IP addresses in the same logical subnet, to reach another computer, an adapter with the lowest metric is always selected. If adapter A has a metric of 1 and adapter B has a metric of 2, adapter A is selected to reach another computer on that network because it has a lower metric. In this case, adapter A is the primary adapter and adapter B is the backup. If adapter A fails, all traffic is directed through adapter B automatically.

You can configure multiple default gateway addresses in a similar way by adjusting the metric on each default gateway address. The default gateway with the lowest metric becomes the primary default gateway.

To change the metric on an adapter:
  1. Open the Network and Dial-up Connections folder.
  2. Right click the local area connection you want to modify, and then click Properties.
  3. Click Internet Protocol, and then click Properties.
  4. Click Advanced.
  5. In the Adapter Metric box, type the appropriate value.
  6. If you need to change the default gateway metric, click the gateway address in the Default Gateways box, and then click Edit.
  7. Type the appropriate metric value, and then click OK.
  8. Click OK.

Last edited by boredandtattooed; 11-21-2010 at 11:11 AM.

PPCGeeks > Android > General Android Discussion